How are you coping?

Number

27 minutes ago, nevada said:

Neeraj Chopra is a stud! Had a shoulder surgery after the Olympic win and is still winning gold. Has been able to handle fame, expectations, pressure, and whatever is thrown at him. 

Tbh other sports are all better than cricket in one aspect that they are not toss/conditions/luck dependant. Even if conditions affect, affect everyone equally.

Not saying skill is not required in cricket but only sport where luck plays such a huge factor (not including card games etc).

Edited by deathmonger
5 minutes ago, Gambit said:

There is no coping. This is a lifelong pain - up there with 96 and 03. This was ours and even winning the next two will not heal this. Atleast not for me.

If this brings about real and lasting change in Indian cricket, we will look at it positively down the road.

Edited by sensible-indian
1 hour ago, deathmonger said:

Tbh other sports are all better than cricket in one aspect that they are not toss/conditions/luck dependant. Even if conditions affect, affect everyone equally.

Not saying skill is not required in cricket but only sport where luck plays such a huge factor (not including card games etc).

Him winning silver in the last tournament was due to bad weather. Look at the speeds. Atleast all these other sports recognize 1,2,3 but he is a Tremendous athlete who has risen India's credentials in World Javelin in a short time. A true mental stud. 

3 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Him winning silver in the last tournament was due to bad weather. Look at the speeds. Atleast all these other sports recognize 1,2,3 but he is a Tremendous athlete who has risen India's credentials in World Javelin in a short time. A true mental stud. 

that's what i mean affecting everyone equally.

in turn based sports like field events, archery, baseball etc conditions might affect (not as much as cricket) but becasue turn durations are small and they alternate everyone gets affected, unlike cricket where one team might bat in cloudy conditions and the other in bright sunshine.

tennis has conditions but not turn based so both players are affected equally.

10 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Kahe ka coping. Kaash ek wicket nikaal dete 47 pe. Kuch pressure daal dete. Kaash KL apne purane meek darpok timid avtar main na jaata. Too many Kaash's.... Maza hi nahi aa raha. So much emotional investment and nothing in return :(( :sad_smile:

Just believe in the "process". Someday it will happen.

"Process" of driving your cars like mad men in the middle of the tournament.

"Process" of blindly swinging your bat without any concern about what happens if a batsman falls after you.

"Process" of scoring at 50 strike rate having zero strike rotation capabilities.

"Process" of hiring good for nothing ex cricketers as batting, bowling and fielding coaches.

"Process" of mixing politics with sports

What the fork process do these guys keep taking about. In a highly disorganised, corrupt and unaccountable countries like India, it's laughable when teams use big terms like " Process".

47 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

i had the pleasure of meeting him and shaking his hands last month after he returned with Gold in Asian games. ofcourse got myself a picture with him too

Neeraj Chopra is the most elite athlete in Indian history

Edited by Reddysaab
1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

Kahe ka coping. Kaash ek wicket nikaal dete 47 pe. Kuch pressure daal dete. Kaash KL apne purane meek darpok timid avtar main na jaata. Too many Kaash's.... Maza hi nahi aa raha. So much emotional investment and nothing in return :(( :sad_smile:

Ye kaash ab kabhi khatam nahi honge. These will forever remain regrets and "what if"s.

I still cant believe how team managements tomfoolery made us lose a wc. Why tamper with pitch etc when man to man india were better in these conditions. India has scored 300 plus most times against aus than any other team and these were all on flat decks. Why get nervous and prepare a pitch which is a lottery and you only have 0 perc chance of winning if you lose the toss in this pitch. On a flat pitch with dew you still have 45 perc chance of winning batting first if you score 350

47 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

I love this game but haven’t invested myself in it to the point that I have to ‘cope’ with a loss.  

Fcuk that. 

I don’t near define myself by how effectively eleven guys use a stick and ball to compete. 

Well said! This is not the end of the world, and there's always the next ICC tournament to be won. 

34 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Nothing to cope. Australia was clearly a better side. Cummins said one thing "I don't read pitch well". They clearly did read the pitch well and what India was after. They were prepared for all kind of pitches. They also knew Knocking off top 3 would force India to shut the shop. It happened precisely. 

The warning bells should have been the third odi which india lost trying to chase 350 odd. Maxwell with his cunning offspin took 4 wickets. And all 4 wickets were due to unnecessary shot at inopportune moment. Rohit did exactly that

14 minutes ago, neel roy said:

The warning bells should have been the third odi which india lost trying to chase 350 odd. Maxwell with his cunning offspin took 4 wickets. And all 4 wickets were due to unnecessary shot at inopportune moment. Rohit did exactly that

Goes to show how imp are batting ARs to the team.  We hv none. Importance of having decent batting ARs in the team was highlighed many times by @Nikhil_cricmuch before the WC started.  He had categorically stated that having batting ARs is more imp than having bowling ARs.   And this WC also is a testimony to that.  In 2011WC, we had batting ARs like Yuvi and Raina.  They had played crucial role in our wins.  

12 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Goes to show how imp are batting ARs to the team.  We hv none. Importance of having decent batting ARs in the team was highlighed many times by @Nikhil_cricmuch before the WC started.  He had categorically stated that having batting ARs is more imp than having bowling ARs.   And this WC also is a testimony to that.  In 2011WC, we had batting ARs like Yuvi and Raina.  They had played crucial role in our wins.  

There is this myth that was floating around. Part timers don't work anymore after 4 fielder restriction. Guess what. That still works even in world cup final 2023. You either need a positive batsman or batting depth to take them on. INdia had neither. KL Rahul completely shut the shop against them.