How are you coping?

Number

I'm already over it lol. We played well throughout the tournament. Conditions got the better of us in the final. We go again.

Invest in other hobbies as well - movies, video games etc.

Plus other sports as well - junior hockey world cup coming up. We won in 2016 and 6 of those guys were in Tokyo. We have a strong side this time as well.

As far as cricket goes - new opportunities keep coming up.

Now test series in SA in a month's time. The final frontier. If we win that we'll have completed cricket. Only Aus, SA and Eng have won a test series in every country.

2024 U19 WC also coming up. Let's see who is unearthed this time.

3 hours ago, deathmonger said:

I'm already over it lol. We played well throughout the tournament. Conditions got the better of us in the final. We go again.

Invest in other hobbies as well - movies, video games etc.

Plus other sports as well - junior hockey world cup coming up. We won in 2016 and 6 of those guys were in Tokyo. We have a strong side this time as well.

As far as cricket goes - new opportunities keep coming up.

Now test series in SA in a month's time. The final frontier. If we win that we'll have completed cricket. Only Aus, SA and Eng have won a test series in every country.

2024 U19 WC also coming up. Let's see who is unearthed this time.

Yeah too many ICC trophies these days...  Let's hope for the best.  Life moves on.

Hanging out with old mates these last few days.  Having a blast tbh.  Been to couple of weddings...  Too much fun. 

Thank god for this wedding season lol..  I would have been really heartbroken otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Couldn't sleep that night, had a terrible headache next day.

Thankfully, I had applied for leave for Monday. 

Couldn't work for a week or two and now there is no option other than to get back to work at 100%.

I would have suffered such symptoms if we put up a competitive total and lost a last ball thriller. We just plain sucked, with the life going out of the innings when Iyer got out. When defeat is so certain, I just say screw it and move on. It's like watching a flop movie. About 40-50 minutes in you know it's junk and you write it off. 

Kind moved on now. Didn't do much work since last Wednesday's game....so trying to compensate for that, have hardly slept for 4 hours since the result. Work will keep me occupied, maybe will hit the bed on Friday night and make up for the sleep debt.

Sports is cruel tbh, not our first heartbreak. Even in the last 10 years (since our ICC drought began) non-cricket results like Anand vs Carlsen II game 6, Federer's 2019 SW19 choke (even his 2014 SW19, 2015 USO F), our hockey loss to NZ, poor performance in Rio Olympics, etc. have been sadder for me , personally. Sure in cricket KOs, we give up easily unlike say, an Aditi Ashok who fought like a tigress in Tokyo till final shot and missed a medal by a whisker. 

46 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Kind moved on now. Didn't do much work since last Wednesday's game....so trying to compensate for that, have hardly slept for 4 hours since the result. Work will keep me occupied, maybe will hit the bed on Friday night and make up for the sleep debt.

Sports is cruel tbh, not our first heartbreak. Even in the last 10 years (since our ICC drought began) non-cricket results like Anand vs Carlsen II game 6, Federer's 2019 SW19 choke (even his 2014 SW19, 2015 USO F), our hockey loss to NZ, poor performance in Rio Olympics, etc. have been sadder for me , personally. Sure in cricket KOs, we give up easily unlike say, an Aditi Ashok who fought like a tigress in Tokyo till final shot and missed a medal by a whisker. 

Tbh the hockey bronze and neeraj chopra gold have been two of the greatest moments in my sports watching history.

2011 wc and gabba would be the others. didn't really care that much for 2007 or 2013.

even if we had won on sunday, don't think would have liked it more than those 4 cause i have already seen 2011.

first time in my life i had seen a hockey olympic medal, especially after hearing of the past. also first time athletics gold.

a badminton, wrestling or hockey gold in 2024 would be up there though.

1 minute ago, deathmonger said:

Tbh the hockey bronze and neeraj chopra gold have been two of the greatest moments in my sports watching history.

2011 wc and gabba would be the others. didn't really care that much for 2007 or 2013.

even if we had won on sunday, don't think would have liked it more than those 4 cause i have already seen 2011.

first time in my life i had seen a hockey olympic medal, especially after hearing of the past. also first time athletics gold.

a badminton, wrestling or hockey gold in 2024 would be up there though.

Neeraj Chopra is a stud! Had a shoulder surgery after the Olympic win and is still winning gold. Has been able to handle fame, expectations, pressure, and whatever is thrown at him.