Which promising player whose career got cut short was the biggest loss?

There was a Vinod Kambli reference a few days ago and it got me thinking of all the players who had stellar starts to their international careers only to have it cut short for some reason (injury, loss of form, "found out", selection whim, all of the above ...). So we are not talking about domestic giants who never got a chance (Goel, Shivalkar) or guys who got a chance but immediately didn't look the part (so many examples). Rather guys who sparkled but never made it big.

My list:

Vinod Kambli

Karun Nair

Narendra Hirwani

L Siva

R P Singh

Sreesanth

Munaf Patel (?)

I think one of the leggies is the biggest loss. If either of them had clicked they could've bridged the gap between the big 4 spin kings and Anil Kumble.

Both had exceedingly good starts to their careers, but quickly flamed out. Especially Hirwani. He turned the ball big (admittedly on minefields), didn't seem to have any discipline issues etc., but inexplicably disappeared as quickly as he appeared. Maybe with better coaching and mentorship, he would have developed into an excellent spinner with more tricks than a big-spinning leg break on deadly pitches.

Discuss.

3 hours ago, tweaker said:

Robin Singh .As a pace bowling allrounder ,left handed batsman and very good fielder he was selected very late in Indian team.

He made the most of his chances despite restarting his career at 33! Was very athletic in his fielding even at that age. 

Hard to predict. But there were some players that were unfairly dropped without giving a proper run.Karun Nair definitely must be gutted. ON the other hand some guys were given chances endlessly. Rohit sharma as a test player kept coming back because he did well in ODI. THat is the advantage of being a multiformat player. Uthappa was exclusively a ODI player. So he had to click there.  Jadeja/Rohit sharma had long runs because of this.