Atleast someone has balls asking to dethrone Dhoni deservedly

MCcricket

Who should be groomed after Kohi  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who has captaincy potential

• Rohit
    • Ashwin
    • Rahane

Why this back and forth?  Whats the harm in accepting that Dhoni choked?  Someone of his calibre should not have played the shot that he did to get out, at that stage.  It was very poor shot selection, and to me, was a reflection of how much pressure he was under.  

I dont understand how the rest of batting lineup just folded like a cheap tent.  What about the vaunted IPL experience blah blah for Gurkeerat and Dhawan.  Fact is, on a flat track, run a ball or so, with 3 or 4 down, you expect a team to get it done.  They weren't really going up against top-shelf bowling of Malcolm Marshall and Holding.  And all the batsmen share that responsibility.  

Tragic game to lose for Team India - they will probably get white-washed in a one-sided 5th ODI at this point.  

I'd like to hear the Shikhar Dhawan bashers who wanted him dropped to chime in on this game.  I thought he played really well today.

And that's the thing - players  will have bad games and performances here and there - question is how trigger happy do you want to be with cursing them out and hyping up the next lollipop-trundling all-round hope.   

They don't have much IPL experience.

India won 7 matches in the WC in these very pitches.  The Aussie batsmen are just better hitters. Their world class bowlers conceded 300 in all the matches on their own home venues FFS. Our lower order is mix of rookies like Rishi, gurkeerat,  an inconsistent jaddu and an fading Dhoni.

It's painful to watch Dhoni being cluless at times. I think it's time to change the captain for at least for a fresh approach. Win or loss doesn't matter. 

India won 7 matches in the WC in these very pitches.  The Aussie batsmen are just better hitters. Their world class bowlers conceded 300 in all the matches on their own home venues FFS. Our lower order is mix of rookies like Rishi, gurkeerat,  an inconsistent jaddu and an fading Dhoni.

It's painful to watch Dhoni being cluless at times. I think it's time to change the captain for at least for a fresh approach. Win or loss doesn't matter. 

The point is that Dhobi the player and the captain are not two separate entities, his ego will not allow him to play under another captain and he would rather retire and this is what will happen after the loss of T20 World Cup, he will be given a gentle push and with No srini to back him up this time, Dhoni will be gone for good.

Problem started with the team selection. Selectors should have picked players like Iyer and pandya.

If you look at Ganguly's era, we were selecting boys who did well in u19 team.

Even till 2010 we selected Virat from u 19 squad who became a star.

When you need big hitters, you select youngsters. I don't remember any player making debut from u 19 squad other than unadkat in the last 6 years.

Ideally they should have selected mandeep , iyer, Samson and they should have played and groomed by now. But we have this big elephant Dhoni sitting in the room selecting jaddu, vinay Kumar, unadkut, again and again....its nauseating. One thing I don't understand with the selectors is that why are they backing Dhoni even after Srinivasan stripped off his powers.

Anyway, we gonna have to wait till the t 20 world cup I guess. Im 100 % sure that we will lose and god willing it will be the end of Dhoni.

Dhoni is definitely dragging his @$$, but the questions is - should Kohli be given charge if all 3 formats? I would rather like to see a system similar to what the South Africans were following until now - have separate captains for separate formats. Otherwise, we risk creating an MS Dhoni like elephant again in the room. 

For Tests, let Kohli continue. 

For ODIs, give the captaincy to Rohit. 

And for T20s, give it to either Raina or Rohit or even Ashwin. 

Dhoni is definitely dragging his @$$, but the questions is - should Kohli be given charge if all 3 formats? I would rather like to see a system similar to what the South Africans were following until now - have separate captains for separate formats. Otherwise, we risk creating an MS Dhoni like elephant again in the room. 

true

The sooner Dhobi goes the better it is for Team India, unfortunately he is not going anywhere before T20 World Cup, after losing in the world cup he will be given a gentle tap on the shoulder and he will announce his retirement. 

No, Dhoni is not going to retire. He is not leaving cricket for the next 1-2 yrs. He is selfish of the highest order and more than a cricketer, he is a politician 

India is bound to do well in the T20 World cup played in india.

Reason-

1. Dhoni manages the Spinners very well. Ashwin , jaddu and Axar even a Amit Mishra is there.. all these are genuinely good spinners on indian tracks.

2. Dhoni Keeps to the Spinners as good as anyone in the world.

3. DHoni has hit man as batsmen on indian tracks and they are good against pace and Spin both.

I am quite sure that we will reach the finals and we could even win it.

if we loose in the finals - still Dhoni 's india would have done well. if we loose in semi finals still Dhoni will save his job.

Dhoni could retain his captainship bcos t20 world cup is in india( india is bound to do well on indian pitches)

For Tests, let Kohli continue. 

For ODIs, give the captaincy to Rohit. 

And for T20s, give it to either Raina or Rohit or even Ashwin. 

Agree don't want to burn out Kohli or create another Dhoni situation with too much power vested in one individiual.

Giving Nohit the ODI captaincy makes sense as he has grown in that format and it would be the logical next step. 

India is bound to do well in the T20 World cup played in india.

Reason-

1. Dhoni manages the Spinners very well. Ashwin , jaddu and Axar even a Amit Mishra is there.. all these are genuinely good spinners on indian tracks.

2. Dhoni Keeps to the Spinners as good as anyone in the world.

3. DHoni has hit man as batsmen on indian tracks and they are good against pace and Spin both.

I am quite sure that we will reach the finals and we could even win it.

if we loose in the finals - still Dhoni 's india would have done well. if we loose in semi finals still Dhoni will save his job.

Dhoni could retain his captainship bcos t20 world cup is in india( india is bound to do well on indian pitches)

T20 needs good power hitters. We have none. Dhoni doesnt even score at 100 Sr.