Yuvraj is a disaster waiting to happen - He should retire from intl cricket

chewy

Yuvi should certainly be gone. But even a guy like Rahane has been disappointing in last 8 innings. 

yuvi shud retire post this Wc or shudnt be considered only

A bit of credit shud be given to him atleast he try to stay on wkt even though he looked out of place but unlike raina he used his exp. Raina is the least improved cricketer i have seen

Rahane selection anywere in middle order doesnt make sense in odi n t20, Yes he has done decently in odi last few games but how much value does he bring to the team.

On flat wkts players like dhawan, rohit will take game away , he cant do that

He cant anchor an innings like virat and play 50 over n make team play around him , whole sa series he kept throwing his wkts in 40-50

Cant come n slog from word go like raina , pandya, incase few overs are left

HE doesnt contribute with ball, which makes his selection more tough.The thing that work for raina, yuvraj, gurkeerat is that they give u overs and some quick runs which is ideal for short formats

On a tough wkt in odi n t20 i hvent seen him standing up like he is touted to many. Be it pune or today , or even in zimb were ball was doin a lot in early overs against those 120k bowlers

HE shud only be selected as 3rd opener in odi, n for t20 ill prefer manish pandey ahead of him

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

I agree with the OP.

When I used to be on these forums on the old network 10-12 years ago, I used to champion Yuvi's cause, and be mocked. I was quite smug after the 2007 WorldT20 & the 2011 World Cup.

Now I have to say his time has been up for ages. I didn't want him to be in the last World T20 squad, and he went on to cost us the final. He's here again, and it's not a good thing. I mean, I hope he proves me wrong, but he's done. He should be the bigger man, realise it, and retire for the sake of the team and fans.

Indian team has a habit of continuing to select players for years on the basis of previous heroics.

23 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

yuvi got out same way again vs leg spinner,he is still hitting the ball very well but his weaknesses are very glaring but will virat bite bullet

He looks good when it middles sure than again any international cricket ex or present would....Have Gavaskar pad up and ask him to show a front foot defense and if he middles it I am sure we all will be in awe.

But he was out to the legspinner twice in 2 overs and both times similar to how he was out in CT. He at-least scored 1/4th of his runs in edges.

His time is up. Even Sachin has a blemish on his career post 2011...Yuvraj was a hero too and people would have forgave him for 2014 eventually had he retired after that but this stint is doing serious damage to his legacy

1 minute ago, maniac said:

He looks good when it middles sure than again any international cricket ex or present would....Have Gavaskar pad up and ask him to show a front foot defense and if he middles it I am sure we all will be in awe.

But he was out to the legspinner twice in 2 overs and both times similar to how he was out in CT. He at-least scored 1/4th of his runs in edges.

His time is up. Even Sachin has a blemish on his career post 2011...Yuvraj was a hero too and people would have forgave him for 2014 eventually had he retired after that but this stint is doing serious damage to his legacy

what i meant was in comparison with yuvi and dhoni,dhoni has lost his touch n power for sure which yuvi still has but he is just not good enough with his other faults

From being one of the most pleasing batsman to the eye to the most patchy n scratchy batsman .........

When he starts his innings he looks more vulnerable then raina against short pitch....

HE might work once in 20 games after getting his catch dropped but we dnt want a player like that........Kohli cant live in that hope that one inning will come n change everything ....sorry that hasnt happend for years n isnt going to happen. HE cant be in scheme of things for 2019 as he is only going to age n slow down more.....

Been a huge fan of him, sad to see him struggle...........Plzz hang ur boots. Dnt piss on ur legacy