Is Saha good enough as a keeper to be in XI despite very poor batting?

Tbf  I am gonna take it on my chin and gonna admit that Saha has won my respect. The way he batted against Starc and Hazlewood with the second new ball, he is no mug with the bat. And his keeping is good as well. 

I still like Parthiv and wanted him in the team but  Parthiv should be the back up of Saha. It would be a sin if Parthiv is not kept in scheme of things considering the kind of batting form Parthiv has been in last two years. Appreciating Saha doesn't mean we have to diss Parthiv. 

Edited by rahulrulezz
7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Have some shame.  You voted for Rishabh Pant over Saha as Test wicket-keeper in a poll that explicitly asked to exclude the batting aspect of the wicket-keeper options.  

Oh bhai maaf kar de.

Anyways context

Always said the following

1.Pant needs to be groomed as a long term option-obvious duh

2.Pant is not ready to start playing test cricket at this stage in must win games/series against tough teams at this point-Common sense 

3.Need to get Pant/Kishen or whoever for long term take over with a 2 year turnaround-debatable but this is what I said.

4.At this point Saha is the best option-said it on this very thread.

5.Saha is the best pure keeper in India.

6.Saha is not the worst batsmen out there but yes he is not as good as MSD at home-Obvious duh

7.Myth busted that MSD is leagues ahead of Saha overseas-stats check

8.clicking vote button on that thread where I thought what the future plan should be as who should be our keeper-Yes for that I have already asked for your forgiveness-but see point 1 and 3.

Now is it ok for me to drop the mic sir?

I will say this- Pant is not ready and won't be ready to play test cricket for atleast another 2 years.

This is because, he is still very young and keeping requires a LOT of fitness, particularly in the back, legs and core. Those are not developed overnight, rushing a keeper too young will only make them injury-prone and/or shorten their careers.

29 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Tbf  I am gonna take it on my chin and gonna admit that Saha has won my respect. The way he batted against Starc and Hazlewood with the second new ball, he is no mug with the bat. And his keeping is good as well. 

I still like Parthiv and wanted him in the team but  Parthiv should be the back up of Saha. It would be a sin if Parthiv is not kept in scheme of things considering the kind of batting form Parthiv has been in last two years. Appreciating Saha doesn't mean we have to diss Parthiv. 

Kaunsa batting form? He makes 60 odd and gets out. And he drops catches and misses stumpings.

Edited by laaloo
6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

If Parthiv had played this test , we'd have lost. Because he'd have dropped 3-4 catches and scored an extra 20-30 runs. In low scoring affairs, when keeper drops even one chance against an established batsman, that could be the game.

9 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Kaunsa batting form? He makes 60 odd and gets out. And he drops catches and misses stumpings.

That's my problem. Appreciating Saha doesn't mean we insult Parthiv. Just because Parthiv dropped some catches in 2000s, he will keep dropping them now. Tell me one catch he dropped after his comeback. Thank god, your offices and HR didn't hire you based on that failed tests when in highschool. 

Regardless, Saha did drop a simple catch in the first test and gave so many byes in the second test. I am not saying Parthiv would have caught those catches and saved those byes, but I don't agree with everyone insulting Parthiv.