Sign in to follow this  
vvvslaxman

Cricinfo's IPL team of the year 2018

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23561137/ipl-team-season-dhoni-williamson-stokes-krunal-out

IPL team of the season - Dhoni, Williamson in; Stokes, Krunal out

1) KL Rahul

2) Sunil Narine

3) Kane Williamson

4) Ambati Rayudu

5) Rishab Pant

6) Dinesh Karthik

7) MS Dhoni

8) Rashid Khan

9) Andrew Tye

10) Umesh Yadav

11) Jasprit Bumrah

Only 5 bowlers though.  To be on the safe side, you need an all-rounder who can bowl. One of Rayudu / Dhoni can be replaced with one of Pandya bros for example 

54 minutes ago, velu said:

dhoni in the team doesn’t go down well with few guys here :phehe:

No need of dhoni in the team  when 2 of the best batsmen(keeper) already in the list. Aah, whom the players will credit the victory ..... :giggle: 

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

Exclude Dhoni and include Kohli? So that even this team fails to reach play offs?

Why add kohli he will ask Shashtri to open batting and bowling, we can include andre russel instead to provide late order thrust.

Here is my team based on best from each stream

Captain- Rohit Sharma

Wicket Keeper- Rishabh Pant

Openers- KL Rahul

A.Rayudu

Middle order- J.Butler

K.williamson 

Allrounder-Narine

Spinner-R.Khan

Fast Bowlers-A.Tye

U.Yadav

J.Bumrah

Edited by maniac

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Captain- Rohit Sharma

Openers- KL Rahul

A.Rayudu

Middle order- J.Butler

K.williamson 

Allrounder-Narine

Spinner-R.Khan

Fast Bowlers-A.Tye

U.Yadav

J.Bumrah

:facepalm:

56 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

18 wickets and 260 runs is nothing worthwhile? 

don't remember any impact performance.... played a lot of Dhoni esque innigs

well, except the 3 of 19 balls... oh, wait.. that's also a Dhoni esque innings...

pandya over one of karthik and dhoni as it makes no sense to have 3 keepers and both of them do same job with bat so pick one you prefer.

i think current karthik is better player than current dhoni so i will pick him otherwise very good side.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

18 wickets and 260 runs is nothing worthwhile? 

this is another guy who gets hate cos of how he behaves rather than how he performs also mumbai hate.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23561137/ipl-team-season-dhoni-williamson-stokes-krunal-out

1) KL Rahul

2) Sunil Narine

3) Kane Williamson

4) Ambati Rayudu

5) Rishab Pant

6) Dinesh Karthik

7) MS Dhoni

8) Rashid Khan

9) Andrew Tye

10) Umesh Yadav

11) Jasprit Bumrah

Spot on. Who's the captain?

2 minutes ago, Old guy said:

this is another guy who gets hate cos of how he behaves rather than how he performs also mumbai hate.

Pandya is good for what it's worth in T20's or even in ODI's. He gets hate because some fans hype him like he is the greatest thing since slice bread...chalo even that is acceptable but his over the top attitude without even doing jack at the international level is what cringeworthy.

On one hand Pollard gets so much hate for behaving like a superstar(obviously deserved) but even he has won his teams matches where as Pandya is getting a golden boy treatment...there is nothing wrong in backing his potential but he needs to perform instead of focusing on styles....right now I will quote number again,he looks like a future big boss contestant than a future genuine superstar of the game.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pandya is good for what it's worth in T20's or even in ODI's. He gets hate because some fans hype him like he is the greatest thing since slice bread...chalo even that is acceptable but his over the top attitude without even doing jack at the international level is what cringeworthy.

On one hand Pollard gets so much hate for behaving like a superstar(obviously deserved) but even he has won his teams matches where as Pandya is getting a golden boy treatment...there is nothing wrong in backing his potential but he needs to perform instead of focusing on styles....right now I will quote number again,he looks like a future big boss contestant than a future genuine superstar of the game.

but he is performing and has almost scored 300 runs and got 18 wickets.

even for india imo his bowling won 2 odis in south africa and he already performed before on flatter tracks..i dont know what more people expect from number6 or 7 in batting line up but he does his job well enough and for mumbai was most important player overall.

more consistency will come with age but he is already a matchwinner and he is so valuable cos of that.

29 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pollard did well in one match this IPL. While scoring 260 runs and 18 Wickets isn't a performance.

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

I meant Pollard has won matches here and there in IPL and probably even for Westindies

And that's why he was retained and was one of the biggest draw in IPL.

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Captain- Rohit Sharma

Openers- KL Rahul

A.Rayudu

Middle order- J.Butler

K.williamson 

Allrounder-Narine

Spinner-R.Khan

Fast Bowlers-A.Tye

U.Yadav

J.Bumrah

This captain will sink this nice ship.:no:

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

1) KL Rahul

2) Sunil Narine

3) Kane Williamson

4) Ambati Rayudu

5) Rishab Pant

6) Dinesh Karthik

7) MS Dhoni

8) Rashid Khan

9) Andrew Tye

10) Umesh Yadav

11) Jasprit Bumrah

All these players deserve the selection. One change I would make is replace Rayudu at #4 with ABD. Rayudu had a fantastic season but most of his runs came while opening and also slightly less pressure runs (winning team, batting at top) compared to ABD. ABD was sublime this season and most of his runs were under pressure (losing team, middle order, AB out game over kinda situations).

4 WKs in that team ... Rahul, Pant, Karthik, Dhoni !!

Edit: Just realised that only 4 foreigners are allowed in this team too. So yeah AB can't make the team in place of Rayudu.

Edited by philcric

My team

Rahul 

Butler

Raydu 

Pant

Dhoni (capt)

Hardik

Gowtham ( has contributed in crunch situations)

Rashid khan

Jofra archer

Umesh

Tye

Others who were difficult to ignore- williamson, abdv, krishna, mavi, kaul , narine , karthik, sky, gopal, chahar

wud have loved to have williamson but choose archer, just kind of hard to ignore that kind of pace 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Captain- Rohit Sharma

Doesnt deserve a place as player 1st thing also i hve liked him as a leader in all these yrs but he was poor this yr . Playing with a team of 10 for most matches 

Openers- KL Rahul

A.Rayudu

Middle order- J.Butler

K.williamson 

Butler failed in middle 

Allrounder-Narine

His batting is useful if he is opening or else he is only a bowler 

Spinner-R.Khan

Fast Bowlers-A.Tye

U.Yadav

J.Bumrah

Don't care about the overseas players so below is my Indian IPL 11

Rahul 

Surya

Rayudu

Pant

Karthik 

Hardik 

Gowtham 

Kuldeep 

Bhuvi

Umesh

Bumrah

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

worthwhile , look at his wkt tally that itself is a big + add his brilliant catches n high s/r batting

yup.. didn't realize he's taken so many wickets... 

with the bat though, he's been sub par

Pandya has stats. Don't think he had any impact. His economy rate is very poor. Close to 9. Also his tuk tuk innings. REmember. I have gone through MI page. They are extremely mad at both Pandya brothers. Stats don't tell the whole story. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

From an impact perspective Andre Russell was more impactful with a strike rate of 189 with bat. But for injury he would have been lot more useful. Still picked more than 13 wickets.

but you can only pick 4 overseas

Edited by rkt.india

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pandya has stats. Don't think he had any impact. His economy rate is very poor. Close to 9. Also his tuk tuk innings. REmember. I have gone through MI page. They are extremely mad at both Pandya brothers. Stats don't tell the whole story. 

Russel's ER is close to 10.

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Hardik in place of Dhoni. :biggrin:

1) KL Rahul

2) Rayudu

3) Kane Williamson

4) Rishabh Pant

5) Jos Butler (wk)

6) Hardik Pandya

7)Sunil Narine

8) Rashid Khan

9) Andrew Tye