After Shami and Sanju Samson, Biryani Rayudu fails Yo-Yo test . might be dropped from the ODI squad to England!

This is bad set of precedant they are setting here. There should be some leeway, given to players who are in exceptional form. 

Cricketers primary skill is to be good at what they do, and fitness is necessary soft skill but not the ultimate goal for you to get selected. 

Or the likes of Manish pandey will keep hogging the spot forever because he clears the fitness test. 

This is not specifically for Rayadu but any in-form, talented cricketer in general. It's been a long time since I have seen India playing any in-form batsman straight off the bat in ODIs. Last time India chose players based on recent form in ODIs was CT 2013 and results speak for themselves. Shame Rayadu has to miss out. 

Edited by Scar

This is a question. Should failing the yo yo test automatically get a guy kicked out of a team? Or could we be hurting ourselves by leaving out guys who might otherwise be fine on the cricket field? Rayudu didn’t look like he was bad on the field during the Ipl and of course he was very good with the bat.  

Cricketers are professional athletes, so I think they should maintain a specific level of fitness.
That said , Overpedestalizing a fitness test like YoYo which is considered doubtful by even Organizations like NBA, which is known for its Extreme high standards in basketball, is a bit problematic.

Cricket is a skill based game.
You really don't need high fitness to make it big.
Yeah, it helps , but being simply fit won't help you score big.
Same goes for other sports, but the gulf between skills and Fitness is much bigger in cricket.
I will actually say that a skilled batsman with 15 yoyo score might trump a Batsman with a 19 yoyo score.

Desi cricket desperately needs to weed out its favouritism and marketing driven politics from their selection policies if they want to succeed in the big leagues.
Now they are whitewashing other nations in friendlies , especially in home bilaterals.
But soon the other teams with their hunger for success, will put their **** together and beat India in India while our desi cricketers will be busy gymming to get 6 packs abs for the next GQ cover shoot.

I personally feel this YoYo test is a way to sneak in Kohli and Shastri's close assosciates for maketing purposes.
Kumble wanted to focus more on skills and form but in that way, Kohli's agenda was in danger.
That's why they had a fight no.

Not always , but sometimes I do think we are missing out on an otherwise talented player who could've done well by using Yoyo as the no1 criteria for selection

Being fit is alright, but Kohli should stop tinkering with the selection process.
He is no Ganguly or even Dhoni who can detect talent and nurture them/push them for success.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

This is bad set of precedant they are setting here. There should be some leeway, given to players who are in exceptional form. 

Cricketers primary skill is to be good at what they do, and fitness is necessary soft skill but not the ultimate goal for you to get selected. 

Or likes of Manish pandey will keep hogging the spot because the clear the fitness test. 

This is not specifically for Rayadu but any in-form, talented cricketer in general. It's been a long time since I have seen India playing any in-form batsman straight off the bat in ODIs. Last time India chose players based on recent form in ODIs was CT 2013 and results speak for yourself. Shame rayadu has to miss out. 
I completely agree.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Scar said:

Or likes of Manish pandey will keep hogging the spot because the clear the fitness test. 

This is not specifically for Rayadu but any in-form, talented cricketer in general. It's been a long time since I have seen India playing any in-form batsman straight off the bat in ODIs. Last time India chose players based on recent form in ODIs was CT 2013 and results speak for yourself. Shame rayadu has to miss out. 

No. There should not be any leeway. It's high time we start taking fitness seriously. Indian fitness standards are still very low. And Pandey isnt selected because he cleared yo yo. He would have been picked even if there was no yo yo. Blame selectors for that, not yo yo.

8 hours ago, SandeepMotta said:

Even Rayudu is better than Jadhav, He atleast holds onto the catches.

Rayudu is in better form and he was good against pacers too. But his career is not going to be more than 1 or 2 years more even if he had aced yoyo. May be for useless international T20 they can select him.