'Dont have to prove anything to anyone ' Syndrome

jf1gp_1

First word uttered by any Indian player (facing heat) when comes out and score a few runs or takes wickets . 

Jaddu is the latest one to us it. The only thing i want to tell him is buddy give 70+ runs in your quota of 10 overs and score less than 5 for next 3 games and then we will see who needs to prove what to whom. 

I understand some of our cocky ones using it but now have heard the likes of Rahane and Pujara use it. Someone really needs to fix this. 

fans love showoff cocky players nowadays since Kohli came on top....if ppl enjoy bollywood dialoguebaaji, they will get the same from players...
most shocking was pujara - i m playing well, i dont need to prove to any critics :rofl:  that is so not him...u can see its completely fake to be in good books of kohli 
Nah- Fans actually like silent, non Bollywood players like Rohit Sharma and Rahane.

Yeah - sometimes Hardik Pandya can be entertaining , but people mostly prefer those players who are more renowned for their humblenes

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I think they mean... I am not here to say I am the best or to show that I can play for India .

Let's cut them some slack. Half these folks have come in from smaller towns with limited public speaking skills.

And this might be the most non controversial statement that they can make. Somebody must have told them. Similar to 'it depends ' in business parlance when you don't have answer to a question.

6 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

First word uttered by any Indian player (facing heat) when comes out and score a few runs or takes wickets . 

Jaddu is the latest one to us it. The only thing i want to tell him is buddy give 70+ runs in your quota of 10 overs and score less than 5 for next 3 games and then we will see who needs to prove what to whom. 

I understand some of our cocky ones using it but now have heard the likes of Rahane and Pujara use it. Someone really needs to fix this. 

wtf do you want players to say and do?  Stop believing in themselves? Self-flagellate themselves in press conferences?  

We are being too harsh on all the players now I feel. There is a line between not wanting a player in the team and then bashing or criticizing them left and right for little things they say in the media when asked or thrown random questions.

You don’t want them to say instead “I want to prove everyone wrong” right?  That would look too cocky. Instead “I don’t have anything to prove.” actually should be recepted as someone who just wants to perform for India and not concentrate on anything else. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We are being too harsh on all the players now I feel. There is a line between not wanting a player in the team and then bashing or criticizing them left and right for little things they say in the media when asked or thrown random questions.

You don’t want them to say instead “I want to prove everyone wrong” right?  That would look too cocky. Instead “I don’t have anything to prove.” actually should be recepted as someone who just wants to perform for India and not concentrate on anything else. 

'I don't have anything to prove to anyone' is as cocky as 'I want to prove everyone wrong'.

PS: Not talking specifically about Jaddu. He doesn't seem to be cocky in general. But there seems to be lack of objectivity and understanding among players about their own performances. 

1 minute ago, philcric said:

'I don't have anything to prove to anyone' is as cocky as 'I want to prove everyone wrong'.

PS: Not talking specifically about Jaddu. He doesn't seem to be cocky in general. But there seems to be lack of objectivity and understanding among players about their own performances. 

Some players could be cocky when they say it, but then some aren’t and as a guy explained above, a lot of them know how to put the words in English but still aren’t the best at using the English language as they come from background where English wasn’t really used much and hence we shouldn’t judge them.

Anyways, to each their own. 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

wtf do you want players to say and do?  Stop believing in themselves? Self-flagellate themselves in press conferences?  

They can easily say they are working on their game and trying to improve as much as they can rather than saying " I don't need to prove anything to anyone"