Our World cup chances

Vk1

Can we do well in the world cup which is a pretty long tourney playing every other team and can we manage a top 4 place with this squad ? Granted that Pandya and Jadhav lend lot more balance but what can you do when you have so many passengers in this team. As of today only the top 3 batsmen, Bumrah, Kuldeep are the confirmed guys.. rest of them you can drop anytime including Jadhav... What should we do

We will be one of the top four, so will make it to semis because Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Bumrah will have few good performances in the initial stage to ensure we at least reach semis. 

After that, what happens only time will decide and how well we prepare. Currently we need to figure out who is going to score in the middle. Thats a worry. 

3 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Dhawan

Rahul

Kohli

Rayudu

MSD (if he decides to stay) or else Pant

Jadhav

Jadeja

Fast bowling all rounder (Chahar can be groomed if not Pandya)

Bumrah

Shami

Kuldeep

Hey Tikolo, up until today, you had dhoni and chahar penciled in.

Now you are saying if dhoni decides to stay and chahar CAN be groomed

:rotfl:

Edited by Laaloo
2 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Middle order of Dhoni,Rayudu,Kedar.In which world will that win a wc?Let me show you the middle orders 4,5,6 of past winning teams.

West Indies 1975 - Kanhai,Richards,Lloyd

1979 - Kallicharan,Lloyd,King(coming after greenidge,haynes,richards)

1983 - Sharma,Patil,Dev(admittedly weak but bats with allrounders till 10 with kirmani the wicketkeeper batting at 10)

1987 - Border,Veletta,Steve waugh

1992 - Miandad,Inzamam,Malik

1996 - DeSilva,Ranatunga,Mahanama

1999 - Lehmann,Wuagh,Bevan

2003- Martyn,Lehmann,Bevan

2007 - Symonds,Clarke,Watson

2011- Kohli,Yuvraj,Dhoni

2015 - Clarke,Watson,Maxwell

How do you think the 4,5,6 of Rayudud,ImposterDhoni and hamstring kedar shape up to that?

1983? Sandh, Binny, Shastri could all bat. There was obviously zero weakness with bat.

I have no hopes from the moron MSK who picks Parthiv freaking Patel for a series in Australia,the squad will not see any new players.

So there is no point even talking about a Vihari or a Gill/Shaw in the team.

If Kohli can just bat at number 4 and vacate the number 3 slot for Rahul,it could solve atleast a few problems

I remember a t20 game in England where we did this and the batting looked invincible.

Just now, GautiMaan said:

I have no hopes from the moron MSK who picks Parthiv freaking Patel for a series in Australia,the squad will not see any new players.

So there is no point even talking about a Vihari or a Gill/Shaw in the team.

If Kohli can just bat at number 4 and vacate the number 3 slot for Rahul,it could solve atleast a few problems

I remember a t20 game in England where we did this and the batting looked invincible.

yea right where the heck Parthiv come into picture again. 

Does recent form matter in World Cups? We were woeful in Aus during 2015 series yet did reasonably well in WC. Similarly, with our Champions Cup victory.

On 2019, our bigger concern has to be our batting than bowling. And that's a first ever time for an Indian team. On batting, it's both middle order and the worst ever tailenders. Using our recent results, we can score 200 runs of the top 3, and yet fold to 250