Navdeep Saini should go as 4th seamer in world cup

I am more impressed with Prasidh.  he has pace along with prerequisite variations to be successful in LOIs.  He can bowl yorkers as well and being around 6-3"-4", he gets extra bounce as well.  Saini is more suited to test cricket right now as he lacks the variations.

Edited by rkt.india

today 152.1 K and serious improvement in line and length, he created many chances in today's match and one before.

i think Saini is improving match by Match and he should be persisted by kohli.

umesh has been dropped and maybe in next match Siraj could be dropped and Umesh brought back , i think Saini is proving to be a better bowler than Siraj and Umesh Yadav. 

the contest of 4th Pacer is between umesh vs ishant vs saini vs siraj.

umesh and Ishant are not doing Much , Siraj is also behind Saini so Till today, saini is ahead in the race.

For batsmen, I agree you need to be bit cautious in giving chance to a young rookee bcoz it takes 1 delivery for a batsman to get out. But no harm in throwing a rookee seamer, especially he is bowling at raw pace. There is absolutely nothing to lose by taking Saini for world cup. Its anyday better than picking proven trundlers like Khaleel, Kaul, Sriraj and Chahar.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

For batsmen, I agree you need to be bit cautious in giving chance to a young rookee bcoz it takes 1 delivery for a batsman to get out. But no harm in throwing a rookee seamer, especially he is bowling at raw pace. There is absolutely nothing to lose by taking Saini for world cup. Its anyday better than picking proven trundlers like Khaleel, Kaul, Sriraj and Chahar.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Raw Pace ? i doubt his avg speed is more than 140

30 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Raw Pace ? i doubt his avg speed is more than 140

He is the third fastest in this IPL with average speed of 142, just behind Rabada and Ferguson whose average speed is 143. Even average speed of 140 is not very common. Most express Pacers have average speed between 140-145.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He is the third fastest in this IPL with average speed of 142, just behind Rabada and Ferguson whose average speed is 143. Even average speed of 140 is not very common. Most express Pacers have average speed between 140-145.

Taking your number, an avg IPL speed of 142 would translate to 138-140 in ODI. I cant see anyone blown away by that pace. Lets remember OP is arguing he should be in squad for pace, not how well he understands his bowling but only his pace.