First glimpse of Ranchi pitch

Why do we want to have tests in 3rd grade hellholes like Ranchi in the first place? Having been to Ranchi a few times I can tell you that it isn't worth living in. Abysmal standard of living, filthy and typical dehati mentality of people there. I pity the Aussie fans who will land here, they will carry a very bad impression of India back home. Keep T20s and ODIs here but not tests !!! Expecting a ruffian crowd who will do everything apart from enjoying cricket.

2 hours ago, MCGGG said:

That's a 5th day pitch.

Man you guys moan so much. I always used to think Aussies are tough sportsmen but these days they are acting like whining school girls.

You guys serves flattest of pitches these days. Cricket world cup 2015 was one of the worst I have ever seen thanks to pitches but you hardly see anyone complain much. But whenever or wherever Aussies tour, they moan about pitches. Rather than whining and crying, improve your players ability to play spin you idiot.

Your team gets whitewashed whenever they tour Asia. Let it be in Dubai, India or Srilanka. And if an Asian team performs badly down-under, pundits like Ian Chappel asks them not to tour.

You guys sledge the hell out of all teams. Ponting abused Srinath, Get ready for a broket f-ecking arm comment by Clarke, Ian Healy called Ranatunga fat, Warne holding Samuels collar etc. etc. Now when Virat Kohli gets under your skin and gives you back, your ex cricketers loses respect for him?

Such hypocrites.

Loved it when Sammy and Samules openly gave Aussies back after winning T20 WC :cantstop:

Won a test match in India after 14 years...lol. If I were an Aussie, I would bother about my own teams sorry performance rather than poking its nose into matters not in their hand.

Edited by Austin 3:!6

"The wicket was watered by the JSCA Stadium groundstaff while the Australians held their first training session at the venue, resulting in vast brown wet patches on the pitch that will undoubtedly dry out under the Ranchi sun."

Source: http://www.cricket.com.au/news/ranchi-pitch-third-test-australia-india-jsca-stadium-steve-smith-darren-lehmann/2017-03-14

The pitch by no means seems dry, if anything it is damp from the pictures and as reported above. Watering of the pitch will prevent the pitch from drying out too soon in the 30+ degrees heat. This pitch will probably play much better than the previous two wickets which were a lot more drier.

Edited by Forever Indian

Loving that Australian media has already started to cry about the pitch and the match is still 2 days away. They now have accused us of negating their pace threat and even Lyon. As if there is some magical switch inside that pitch that will help our seamers and spinners but theirs wont. Idiocracy at its highest level.

34 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

"The wicket was watered by the JSCA Stadium groundstaff while the Australians held their first training session at the venue, resulting in vast brown wet patches on the pitch that will undoubtedly dry out under the Ranchi sun."

Source: http://www.cricket.com.au/news/ranchi-pitch-third-test-australia-india-jsca-stadium-steve-smith-darren-lehmann/2017-03-14

The pitch by no means seems dry, if anything it is damp from the pictures and as reported above. Watering of the pitch will prevent the pitch from drying out too soon in the 30+ degrees heat. This pitch will probably play much better than the previous two wickets which were a lot more drier.

yes, that is what I said about that they have watered the pitch. It does not look dry at all. A dry pitch will be whitish and not that dark in color. Temperature also isnt very high in Ranchi with max tempt today hovering around 29 degree Celsius.

Edited by rkt.india
35 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

MCG pitches (before the drop in pitches were introduced) were a nightmare to prepare, I'm guessing Indian curators err on the side of under watering due to the humidity, in Melbourne though humidity levels can swing severely, we can get sub tropical like weather one day and a super dry 40 degree day the next, making Melbourne one of the trickiest pitches to prepare in world cricket, Adelaide get similar weather to Melbourne but their soil make up is much-much different making their pitches much easier to prepare.

Guess I just answered a question that wasn't asked lol.

Black soil has been used for the pitch at Ranchi, and Singh said that such a pitch is usually rich in clay that has Kaolinite, a mineral that helps keep the pitch from crumbling. A pitch like this, Singh said, could open up cracks as the Test progresses, but it wouldn't really crumble.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/93273/india-vs-australia-3rd-test-2017-black-soil-to-bind-ranchi-pitch-for-longer

9 hours ago, Lannister said:

Why do we play in such substandard stadiums located in some 3rd tier city. BCCI deserves all the criticism they are getting. 

Australia series is the premier series and should not be played in 3rd tier cities? why the heck are we playing in Dharasala at tht to at the beginning of spring?