Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shikhar Dhawan have been released from India's Test team .Vijay Shankar named Bhuvneshwar's replacement

Just now, Temujin Khaghan said:

sorry Dhoni fans

I don't mean to stab your hero and our ex captain in the back

but this is exactly what was missing in Dhoni's reign - PROACTIVENESS and PLANNING...

under Dhoni a test series against England would be a month away after the IPL and there would be no Planning whatsoever...

everyone including Dhoni would be enjoying their post IPL vacation...

roast me, but honest thought. 

Planning would mean to actually go to that country ahead of time and get acclimated to the conditions...not try to manufacture those conditions at home or even worse play against Srilanka....BCCI is run by some idiots when it comes to cricket even though they know how to make the $$$$.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Planning would mean to actually go to that country ahead of time and get acclimated to the conditions...not try to manufacture those conditions at home or even worse play against Srilanka....BCCI is run by some idiots when it comes to cricket even though they know how to make the $$$$.

we played the first game without any match practice .. 

they scheduled only one 3day match before the first test and it got rained and the cunnign strauss & co even let us to get proper batting 

but hey @maniac , we won the IPL 2011 and then we toured england ..  :dance:

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

not in Kohli's hands

he can shoot if given a gun but when given a sword he can only stab

1 hour ago, maniac said:

The relations we have, If it was upto BCCI, they will hire a supersonic Concorde+ for daily commute of players from India to South Africa

3 hours ago, maniac said:

What is the status of Rohit’s fast bowling practice sessions? With his natural wrists and shoulder size he can be deceptively quick like Kallis I think. With being a off spin prodigy In swing /off cutters should be an inherent gift.

And being one of the highest 6 hitters for India in recent times he can be our Gilchrist at No.6.

We really have a Gilchrist+Kallis waiting in the wings :yay:

Rohit can officially say to Steyn now “Come to India, we got green tracks.”

22 minutes ago, fineleg said:

@Cricketics I know you are a fan of Rahane. What would you say to the questions being raised that he has not delivered the impact that is being expected of him. Yes, he still needs to be in the team for Tests, but the question is - is he not delivering the impact that one expects from Rahane?

Kohli failed too at some point and Pujara failed too when we were overseas.  Rahane is India’s best batsman overseas in recent history so with overseas-swing coming for Indian team, we can not afford to drop our best test batsman who saved us on multiple occasions. 

Regarding impact, he has still scored runs and played a crucial role in recent series against Australia at home. He had set standards so high with his performance  that his failure in few series really started pinching lot of people. Fact is he is doing just all right. He has turned well in the big occasions like I told you against Australia, and he might very well be our great batsman again in the coming tours.

Again like I say all the time, I won’t change our 3-4-5 for the next 1 year. They have earned it. And one might agree with me or not but I believe Pujara-Kohli-Rahane makes the best top-middle order trio in the whole world. No one comes close, not even the trio involving Amla, De villers.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Kohli failed too at some point and Pujara failed too when we were overseas.  Rahane is India’s best batsman overseas in recent history so with overseas-swing coming for Indian team, we can not afford to drop our best test batsman who saved us on multiple occasions. 

Regarding impact, he has still scored runs and played a crucial role in recent series against Australia at home. He had set standards so high with his performance  that his failure in few series really started pinching lot of people. Fact is he is doing just all right. He has turned well in the big occasions like I told you against Australia, and he might very well be our great batsman again in the coming tours.

Again like I say all the time, I won’t change our 3-4-5 for the next 1 year. They have earned it. And one might agree with me or not but I believe Pujara-Kohli-Rahane makes the best top-middle order trio in the whole world. No one comes close, not even the trio involving Amla, De villers.

Fair enough about Rahane still needs to be in the team. I do agree, and hope that he can deliver the impact that the team and fans are waiting for.

Shankar- don't know anything about this guy but a lot of sensible posters on here rate him highly so I'd be interested to see how he  performs. He may actually get to play, here's why:

Likely green tops 

2 spinners redundant as proved in last match on such wickets

Bhuvi out so Ishant will replace him 

Shankar may play in place of second spinner as we were in need of a 4th seamer this most recent match