Indian ODI squad for South africa announced .NO KL Rahul

PSB_Zone

9 hours ago, Shunya said:

Some butthurt chaploos will come and blame Dhoni for this now. Oh wait, they already did. :lol:  Kuch bhi karlo galti to Dhoni ki hi hai or else ICF will not go to sleep. 

I see some great fans of Indian Cricket have already started wishing for loss of our team. Idiotic. Rahul or no Rahul, it doesnt matter, Kohli and his team will continue to play and biggest criteria to judge will be Ws. Nothing else. Perceptions, conspiracy theories, fans loving and hating are all secondary. People create stories as per their liking, today they like Rahul- tomorrow Rahul will become captain and do the same thing. 

Focus on winning, this is the best time to win an away test series in SA, Aus, England. Go India and Kohli, go win it.

Blame his chamchas who keep claiming that he is the force behind the team and taking calls behind the scenes. When you keep quiet when dhoni chamchas make those claims, you have no right to complain now. You want to have your cake and eat it too

14 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21855691/shami-thakur-picked-india-odis-south-africa

India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wk), Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Hardik Pandya, Mohammad Shami, Shardul Thakur.

Like shardul and shammi being picked.. Rahul should have been picked ahead of rahane as I m sure rahane will not be played in 11.

Otherwise great pace attack...good to drop my favourite umesh yadav from odi team.

Chahal may get into the 11 and I believe he may turn the ball.

16 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

How can rahane play ahead of rahul in odi

Rahane has no future in odi and t20..there are at least one dozen far better batsman than him for odi.

He should focus on tests like pujara and ensure no one touches him in tests by stellar performances.

Kohli rahul rohit and even dhawan are our best batsman.

Iyer manish and low performing kedar are close.

I think karthik is being picked as a back up for dhoni..

7 minutes ago, New guy said:

Pant, karthik even parthiv are wayyyy better at keeping against pace. You might have forgotten all.those edges against pacers Dhoni doesn't even go for, but people remember

Rishabh is a bit like umesh..high on talent and up and down on performance..if he is not consistent even in ranji trophy..how on earth can selectors pick him

20 minutes ago, renjith said:

Showing anger and frustration in icf wont help in a practical way. Need to direct it towards selectors and team management in twitter and fb.

Mate, even if we try to explain our points in social platforms to the selectors; we'd be trolled by the general public who are emotional about their favorite players & most don't understand the intricacies of the game.

Question about MSD's role in t20s or Rahane's in LOIs then they mix up the formats & answer likewise with many of them retorting to abusive language.

Edited by Turning_track
45 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Mate, even if we try to explain our points in social platforms to the selectors; we'd be trolled by the general public who are emotional about their favorite players & most don't understand the intricacies of the game.

Question about MSD's role in t20s or Rahane's in LOIs then they mix up the formats & answer likewise with many of them retorting to abusive language.

Where are this hard hitting tv shows of days gone by . They would often talk nonsense but it was no holds barred nonsense . I even miss bedi lol slaughtering everything about Indian team lol we need him back . Where is our Indian boycott . Our so called free media worried about arse licking bcci to get clips of game and interviews and be in press conferences 

53 minutes ago, renjith said:

Showing anger and frustration in icf wont help in a practical way. Need to direct it towards selectors and team management in twitter and fb.

Yeah we need to make use of digital platforms more effectively. In other countries, even if media don't pick it up, there are lot of popular blogs and communities to voice their opinions and make it trending. Sadly, in India, the majority are like sheeps who like to blindly follow the one ahead of them. 

Just now, Lannister said:

Yeah we need to make use of digital platforms more effectively. In other countries, even if media don't pick it up, there are lot of popular blogs and communities to voice their opinions and make it trending. Sadly, in India, the majority are like sheeps who like to blindly follow the one ahead of them. 

Nothing will help . Indians are basically thick and follow media lol why do you think they constantly re elect thieves again and again and worship ground they walk on . Then when go to Indian ground chant for dhoni to be next in 

they are like my dad lol clueless about crixket and always says tv and comms always say dhoni is great , why do they say how brilliant he is , you must be wrong , these are experts lol

5 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Nothing will help . Indians are basically thick and follow media lol why do you think they constantly re elect thieves again and again and worship ground they walk on . Then when go to Indian ground chant for dhoni to be next in 

they are like my dad lol clueless about crixket and always says tv and comms always say dhoni is great , why do they say how brilliant he is , you must be wrong , these are experts lol

That was embarrassing to hear. BCCI don't give a shyte as long as there's no shortage of fools to pay up money. I get sick even spending 10 mins of my time watching this team play.

3 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Where are this hard hitting tv shows of days gone by . They would often talk nonsense but it was no holds barred nonsense . I even miss bedi lol slaughtering everything about Indian team lol we need him back . Where is our Indian boycott . Our so called free media worried about arse licking bcci to get clips of game and interviews and be in press conferences 

Cricket has changed a lot since those "Match ka Mujrim" days of 2004-05 where Bedi routinely used to bash Ganguly for his performances & captaincy on the field.
Now you have Madan Lal & journalist Vikrant Gupta who want to play Rohit as an opener in tests, so that he can emulate Azhar's classic innings of 115 at Capetown. :ahhhhh:

Another thing worth noting is the lack of 6th bowling options. Hardik is not a good enough bowler to consistently bowl 10 overs Every match. And Jadhavs slow offies will sit up perfectly to get smashed in South Africa. 

Jadhav is a good bat but seemingly HAS to play at 5 because 6 is too low for him, and 6 is also too low for Dhoni so Dhoni has to play at 4 or 5 .

And then if you look at the squad there is only one Batsman who is potentially good at 6 or 7 - Hardik

The selectors missed a trick by not trying out Hooda against Lanka. He is a good Batsman and if we played Hardik at 6 and him at 7 that's a pretty powerful lower order. If he can chip in with 4/5 tidy overs, it's what we need

I would also try Virat at 4

Rohit, Dhawan, Lokesh, Virat, MSD, Hardik, Hooda, Bhuvneshwar, Yuzvendra, Shami, Jasprit

Manish, Iyer, Jadhav, Kuldeep, Axar, Shardul

Edited by Sooda

Used to like akash chopra but noticing a lot recently suddenly toeing the line ! Clearly getting little boosts in his bank balance somewhere 

talking about odi squad , brushed in kl Raul issue but simply says missies out as rahane back up opener . Where ffs are the proper pundits who will say it how it is . Utterly pathetic this so called free and probing media