Disappointed with these IPL owners

Cricketics

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Aaron has played county before for Durham.

I know he has.. i was stating generally that its an option for him ( and Ishant) rather than sitting on their asses they could put themselves in the reckoning for the Eng test tour if they perform well in county.

4 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

The problem is that the selectors make a lot of selections based on IPL.

It is another route to selections that is very visible.

Unlike domestic games,ipl matches are all telecast and out there for selectors and fans to see. 

If you do well,it is hard to ignore. Atleast you are followed by more people.

6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Guys like Aaron should be backed and picked. You have a chance to play a fast bowler whonis getting better.

These guys don’t watch or follow any domestic cricket once IPL is over. 

Aaron post injury has been good and should have been picked.

Its pathetic to leave Aaron unsold. These guys absolutely suck. 

If the selectors keep on selecting pilpila bowlers like chudankat ,why the hell will the bussiness people select an unlucky Aaron.I certainly believed that Aaron could become the bowler we craved for years ,but our very own sissy wicket keeper so called self proclaimed best wk batsmen, greatest finisher vagairah vagairah captain cool can't simply groom a bowler like Aaron instead he was concerned about his" ladys fingers"

Every IPL team that picked Aaron played for hie performed badly.And he got plenty of chances and failed to take them up.

Why would they pick someone who regularly floped in IPL .Heck even Kohli who picked him had to bench him at RCB and select Harshal Patel/ Aravind  ahead of him.

You perform you get picked the owners look to do what's best for their team.

57 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

If the selectors keep on selecting pilpila bowlers like chudankat ,why the hell will the bussiness people select an unlucky Aaron.I certainly believed that Aaron could become the bowler we craved for years ,but our very own sissy wicket keeper so called self proclaimed best wk batsmen, greatest finisher vagairah vagairah captain cool can't simply groom a bowler like Aaron instead he was concerned about his" ladys fingers"

We are doing great now and have realized that fast bowling is what is required to win overseas and hence at home also we need to start taking care od our fast bowlers. But somehow these IPL team managament folks never really this.

They keep taking us back to the Dhoni era of t20s where Joginder Sharma kind of speed bowlers would work. 

T20 has changed and now fast bowlers are ever needed and neednto be groomed.

But these so called IPl Owners and their katputlis don’t realize that.

50 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Let's not get carried away.Aaron has always performed badly in IPL. He needs to earn his place. And although dhoni's hate for genuine fast bowler was quite visible it was most likely because dhoni didn't like bowlers who leak runs and not because he was worried about his fingers, imho.

9 minutes ago, Pollack said:

How long will he rehab.:wall:

back stress fracture can take a long time. 6-8 months, at times even more. it is fine for him that he comes back stronger and not rush. he has age on his side.  He recently failed Yo-Yo test done by Rajasthan. he will have to clear that to get picked for his state too.  Deepak Chahar was the best with 19.3 score. Difficult for someone get picked who missed whole season for his state due to injury.

Edited by rkt.india

Let's not get carried away.Aaron has always performed badly in IPL. He needs to earn his place. And although dhoni's hate for genuine fast bowler was quite visible it was most likely because dhoni didn't like bowlers who leak runs and not because he was worried about his fingers, imho.
That was sarcasm ,Dhonis hate towards fast bowlers remained evident ..no wonder he 'd influenced other captains to select trundlers and finger spinners in the team

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Feel bad for Aaron but he has been playing ipl for a long time. 

If he had done well...people would have picked him .

It is not the franchise 's responsibility to groom players in a tournament like ipl. It is the players responsibility to learn from the coaches and other players. 

If Aaron and dinda and Ishant continue to be picked,then how will the likes of saini ,mavi and nagarkotti get a chance.

If Bhuv and Unadkat can use ipl to become better bowlers,so can others.

2 hours ago, beetle said:

Feel bad for Aaron but he has been playing ipl for a long time. 

If he had done well...people would have picked him .

It is not the franchise 's responsibility to groom players in a tournament like ipl. It is the players responsibility to learn from the coaches and other players. 

If Aaron and dinda and Ishant continue to be picked,then how will the likes of saini ,mavi and nagarkotti get a chance.

If Bhuv and Unadkat can use ipl to become better bowlers,so can others.

Agree. He hasn't done. Anyway IPL is for youngsters to get noticed. He hasn't done as well or improved as well as he should have.

All the trundlers we mock like Sandeep Sharma, Vinay Kumar,Mohit Sharma,Dhawal Kulkarni etc have outperformed Aron by a country mile in the IPL. I don’t remember one real standout performance from him ever.

Unadkut is in a different league altogether- Do I think Unadkut  deserves 12 crores or deserves to be part of the Indian team - absolutely not

but do I think he deserves a decent payday in the IPL-yes

While Aaron would have been good to have in the reserves and deserved atleast a base price pick,even if he isnt picked I can understand 

11 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Guys like Aaron should be backed and picked. You have a chance to play a fast bowler whonis getting better.

These guys don’t watch or follow any domestic cricket once IPL is over. 

Aaron post injury has been good and should have been picked.

Its pathetic to leave Aaron unsold. These guys absolutely suck. 

Tics pa'ji

The IPL is not a talent hunt. The franchises are under no obligation to discover talent or give youngsters a chance. It is a business venture and the franchise owners are right in treating it as such. They will buy players who they think will win their franchise the title this season and not develop into a major talent for India after 5 years. Its not their job.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Tics pa'ji

The IPL is not a talent hunt. The franchises are under no obligation to discover talent or give youngsters a chance. It is a business venture and the franchise owners are right in treating it as such. They will buy players who they think will win their franchise the title this season and not develop into a major talent for India after 5 years. Its not their job.

Agree on that, I have said the same in the past when Delhi has done catering service to play all Indian youngsters and lost badly.

My thing is that Aaron has actually been bowling well ever since he came back from injury. Another thing is that these owners, like someone like MI owners or someone like GMR’s ganja uncle of Delhi Daredevils do not follow Indian domestic cricket at all.

Ricky ponting and other overseas guys sitting on the table will share their info about Aussies who need to be picked, but it is the duty of our Indian guys sitting on the table to look into the guys who have done decent in Indian domestic tournaments few months ago.

Ponting won’t follow SMA Indian domestic t20 tournament, you have to tell Ponting what certain Indian players can do or how he bowled in Ranji. That is where the homework is not done by the Indian officials.