Suresh raina to replace Ambati Rayudu in India's ODI squad for series against England.

Love how everyone is blaming the selectors but not even 1 word about Captain Clown Kohli. :laugh: 

Have you people ever wondered why these same selectors pick good India A squads? It’s because “King” Kohli has no relevance for India A selection! 

Had Kohli also been in charge for India A, then I guarantee you that those squads would also consist of has-beens like our senior squad. 

39 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Did Ganguly overcome his batting against short pitch bowling even afer being much better batsman than Raina?

Yes he did in his last leg of career

even with the problem he use to smash pak n Sa bowling attack

In fact how many of our past legends were good against short ball.

Steve waugh had that issue many had it but they found a way to score runs

Raina not only got under it but developed a probelm of full deilvery to which is why he got bowled so many times anticipating short one 

I dnt remeber many who was mentally so much challenged agaisnt short pitch bowling like he has been 

Pant has been a massive failure in all the chances he got including A team tours.

pant hasnt played a lot of A-games n no not a massive failure

He had done few A team tours and failed to score runs in all of them except against Afghans.Also look at the way he batted in international games he got.Was batting like a deer infront of headlights.Even the much maligned VijayShankar did better than him.

vijay shankar is a class player 

33 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

People here said the same thing when Kartik was selected.Look what he has done in his comeback.I have a feeling that Raina will do good this time.

kartik actually has played 1-2 knocks only so his example isnt the gr8 one either 

Raina might give u false hopes against eng since they dnt have a bowler to test him but dnt worry sooner or late he ll be exposed. It was evident in IPL how fattu has he become against pace

27 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yes he did in his last leg of career

even with the problem he use to smash pak n Sa bowling attack

Steve waugh had that issue many had it but they found a way to score runs

Raina not only got under it but developed a probelm of full deilvery to which is why he got bowled so many times anticipating short one 

I dnt remeber many who was mentally so much challenged agaisnt short pitch bowling like he has been 

pant hasnt played a lot of A-games n no not a massive failure

vijay shankar is a class player 

kartik actually has played 1-2 knocks only so his example isnt the gr8 one either 

Raina might give u false hopes against eng since they dnt have a bowler to test him but dnt worry sooner or late he ll be exposed. It was evident in IPL how fattu has he become against pace

Raina would be playing No:5 and by the time he comes to bat on today's pattas, the hardness of the ball would have been gone and less likely to get bouncers.Look at Moeen Ali.He was even bounced by Ishant in the last series but still a very useful lower oder hitter for Engalnd in LOIs.I see a similar role for Raina.

Neither Raina now nor Raydu would hv made the playing x1 anyway.. 

I think the thing that goes for Raina is he being a left handed experinced batsman.. 

Sundar has blocked krual pandya place otherwise krunal wd hv been a great replacement.. 

Pant and kishan are also left handders and sloggers.. But at no. 6 u need sloggers. Sadly its not a perfect world. 

But still i dont think Raina is that bad choice as rahane was.. One thing is certain he wont stall the game.. 

3 hours ago, Sooda said:

Manish Pandey could have been picked he is definitely more suited for ODIs than T20's, and that would have been a bit more forward looking. Better yet get a 6th bowling option like Krunal. 

The slot for which this selection is NO. 6..and Neither raydu was ideal nor manish. 

All the rest slots are taken.. 

7 hours ago, The Realist said:

Must be some youngsters here the "selectors" can pick from...

Image result for old indian cricket players

I wish you were the coach or selector of the Indian team the amount of passion emotion and care you show for the Indian team is incredible. :hatsoff:to you wish the selectors had been passionate like you have been for our team you are truly a legend :bow:.Im sure our players will give more than 200% if you were the coach or selector.

8 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Raina would be playing No:5 and by the time he comes to bat on today's pattas, the hardness of the ball would have been gone and less likely to get bouncers.Look at Moeen Ali.He was even bounced by Ishant in the last series but still a very useful lower oder hitter for Engalnd in LOIs.I see a similar role for Raina.

he use to bat at 5-6 n get exposed back then also. Also we use two new balls so it wnt get that old

the guy got out to bouncer of brathwite n pandya on indian pitches , 

Moeen ali hasnt been devasted in his head about bouncer like raina, as i said it more of mental problem for him . Many other has same issue but not as much as raina

8 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

we play with two new balls these days and ball never gets soft.