How do you describe this inning - 37 (59) when RRR is over 15?

20 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

About Intent for CSK - yea even thats my question where is that intent gone now?? M sure no one wants to play bad n get booed 

He got instructions from coach and captain. :no: They don't want another 180 loss like CT2017

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Are you guys gone nuts? He will screw even more playing in top 4. Will be a momentum choker in most matches.

The point is why is he coming below Raina,he is more capable than Raina to play more overs,whose wisdom is behind him batting so low 

If screws matches batting in upper order,then so be it,may be he ll get the boot, yesterday's effort (or lack of) has certainly brought some much needed castigation his way

8 hours ago, R!TTER said:

That's the excuse most Dhoni fans come up with when he does his usual slow poke innings, which he does all the time these days. If it weren't for Bhuvaneshwar we'd have lost that ODI when Akila ran through the top order. What was he doing then, practicing for the next ODI? Kumar hit those boundaries otherwise the end would've been the same as today!

Don't you know dhoni was guiding bhuvi throughout to hit the boundaries. That's what I learned on icf after the match. 

5 hours ago, Shunya said:

What are you on about?

And what is this new word thalaiva sycopanths? Are we allowed to write whatever s.h.it we want? 

Did I say anything wrong? I distinctly remember in one of the arguements you defending dhoni in that two t20s against Zimbabwe. Even a blind bat could see that he was the reason. When a piss poor below average cricketer like axar Patel shows more intent than you in winning the match, well than thaliava, it's time you mind it rascala. And thalaiva sycopanths is perfectly valid within ICF rules. I recall you using Sachin sycopanths a couple of days back. That was allowed and now you're whining about it again even though you use it. :cantstop: 

29 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

The point is why is he coming below Raina,he is more capable than Raina to play more overs,whose wisdom is behind him batting so low 

If screws matches batting in upper order,then so be it,may be he ll get the boot, yesterday's effort (or lack of) has certainly brought some much needed castigation his way

How much difficult to understand that we need to move on from him. It's not only about intent he is not capable enough to play for India if we are considering him as a batsmen. Had he been playing like a pure keeper no issues like Saha does in test, but when you count him as batsmen that's where the problem. These statements like quick send, playing up the order and express more are just to hide his incapability as a batsmen. Please understand player like him whose game is built on hand eye coordination and have limited area to score can only survive and win matches till the time their reflexes works. He long past his expiry well before ct13. Prople giving example of 100 against England dint realize that even yuvi looks million dollar in that match and we all know the utter humiliation it served later in ct17 on granderstage against arch rival. Overlooking these simple facts by die hard dhoni fan is understandable but backing given to him by coach, captain and selectors is sad state of affairs.

15 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Did I say anything wrong? I distinctly remember in one of the arguements you defending dhoni in that two t20s against Zimbabwe. Even a blind bat could see that he was the reason. When a piss poor below average cricketer like axar Patel shows more intent than you in winning the match, well than thaliava, it's time you mind it rascala. And thalaiva sycopanths is perfectly valid within ICF rules. I recall you using Sachin sycopanths a couple of days back. That was allowed and now you're whining about it again even though you use it. :cantstop: 

Is this Shunya guy crying by thaliva sycophant stuff? Wow I really warned him to be careful few days backwhile he was referring CKT to others, is this guy for real?

Dhoni doesn’t care about international cricket anymore. IPL is more valuable for him. Even in IPL he hides in middle order. Let openers and others do heavy lifting. He seems to feel with one year to World Cup no one will replace him. Too much comfort level. Need to push him a little.Also this has been happennning for sometime now it’s pretty evident in a big chase. This happened multiple times while setting target.

Edited by gattaca
11 minutes ago, raki05 said:

How much difficult to understand that we need to move on from him. It's not only about intent he is not capable enough to play for India if we are considering him as a batsmen. Had he been playing like a pure keeper no issues like Saha does in test, but when you count him as batsmen that's where the problem. These statements like quick send, playing up the order and express more are just to hide his incapability as a batsmen. Please understand player like him whose game is built on hand eye coordination and have limited area to score can only survive and win matches till the time their reflexes works. He long past his expiry well before ct13. Prople giving example of 100 against England dint realize that even yuvi looks million dollar in that match and we all know the utter humiliation it served later in ct17 on granderstage against arch rival. Overlooking these simple facts by die hard dhoni fan is understandable but backing given to him by coach, captain and selectors is sad state of affairs.

Ya all this what you write makes perfect sense to us but not the main persons i.e captain,coach etc,so he is gonna play no matter what

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

It was like watching few ODI's  in 80's. Hardik Pandya's 3 from 18 balls this IPL and now this innings at international level by Dhoni. The two worst innings i have seen this year. 

Pandya inning you could still reason. It was a lot scoring game, ball turning square, pacers getting seam movement and goddess t20 bowler in Rashid but what's the excuse yesterday. Good pitch, average bowling, opposition just thrashed your bowlers.

4 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Did we not agree couple of days back in match thread to be civil?

Edited by Shunya
3 hours ago, raki05 said:

Is this Shunya guy crying by thaliva sycophant stuff? Wow I really warned him to be careful few days backwhile he was referring CKT to others, is this guy for real?

Again keep your crap to yourself and focus on the posts/topics that is being discussed.

9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Like he has done in last 2 years?

Please list PLENTY such games.

That you will have to check yourself what was his role with bat,keeping and other stuff like helping with captaincy/mentoring etc. I believe we have won good number of games in last couple of years. 

I like Dhoni for all he has done for Indian cricket over the years - WC 2011, T20 07, CT 13, test ranking etc, but you cannot defend an innings like that. Terrible beyond words. He is doing what Misbah did to Pakistan with the difference being that he is part of a much stronger batting line up so a) his goof ups are compensated for by others more often and b)he cannot hide behind the weak batting excuse.

This has long been one of my biggest criticisms of Dhoni. He simply shuts shop when he thinks the game can't be won. He did the same vs Australia in the WC semi 2015. Fair to say in the last 3 years he has mucked up far more chases than he has won. His overall stats for 2017 in ODIs are good but they are misleading. He played one brilliant knock vs England, but the rest were mostly sub par innings. IIRC he had a 50 against WI chasing <200 at a SR in the 40s that we ended up losing.

Should he play the WC IN 2019?

Personally, I'd take DK over him at this point. Dhoni still is the superior keeper and brings to the table the tactical nous and experience of a successful LOI captain, but those can't make up for his declined batting skills. Anyone else other than DK is perhaps not a viable option though given we are less than a year away now. I don't see Dhoni getting dropped though - so the best we can do is:

Bat him at 4. Hell, I'd go left-field and even get him to open asking him to hit out or get out. Either:

1)Dhawan

2)Rohit

3)Kohli

4)Dhoni

5)Rahul

6)Raina/Jadhav/anyone but Manish Pandey

7)Pandya

or

1)Dhoni

2)Dhawan

3)Kohli

4)Rohit

5)Rahul

6)Raina/Jadhav/anyone but Pandey

7)Pandya

I know moving Rohit down seems like a bad idea but he does have the tendency to eat a lot of dot balls in the powerplay. It might be a good idea to have him at 4. The only issue is he struggles to rotate strike. Scenario 2 probably won't happen so the far more likely scenario is to have Dhoni at 4. 

I really thought Dhoni had something left to give after his impressive IPL, but clearly I was wrong.

8 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

Be careful posts can be hidden:giggle:  There are special rights for sachin chamchas like him. 

I have no idea what is he on about this zimbabwe thing from past. He just created a fake story to just blabber stuff targeting me and than he and other chamchas keep saying they have no agenda. As always they enjoy the special rights and get away with anything. 

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

I have no idea what is he on about this zimbabwe thing from past. He just created a fake story to just blabber stuff targeting me and than he and other chamchas keep saying they have no agenda. As always they enjoy the special rights and get away with anything. 

Lol I didn't create anything. I distinctly remember your arguments a couple of months back and so I called it out. What agendas do we have? And what special rights do we get away with? If you have complaints or if you feel your post was wrongly deleted, then take it up with admins. Enough of this ****.

Regarding that dhoni Zimbabwe match, I read your argument a couple of months back. Unfortunately the search button on icf sucks so I won't be able to find it unless I read every one of your posts and I have better things to do.

Regardless the fact that even you're supporting this **** innigs by dhoni, everyone can guess you would have defended dhoni and his two innings against zimbabwe.

Edited by Laaloo