Bangar's defence in regds to dhoni's batting last game in PC

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

Hahaha 

Right after the match, your defence was that match was already lost when Dhoni arrived at the crease. Now ur saying partnerships were needed.

Yahan conclusion pehle banta hai (Dhoni did nothing wrong) aur reasoning(s) baadmein aati hai :cantstop:

i said match was almost lost , not completely lost .. if they stayed till 42/43rd over , thalaiva mght have finished the game before the last ball  :dontknow:

Same way Dhoni's good innings should also be credited to all the explosive players at the other end he got to play with so He can tuk tuk and finally hit some boundaries with other players trying to move scoreboard further.His whole career revolved around the partners.Even last year the century against England,Yuvi accelerated when this douchebag was striking at 30 SR once.

Edited by Bigg Brother

In mid and late 90s till 2007 or so.. i only used to read cricket part of the newspaper and clearly remember so many occassions when legends were criticized for a lot lesser things. Former cricketers used to bring down legends to their knees through articles or press comments. But ever since that pension system has come and bccis transformation into a money minting machine, all former cricketers have become mute spectators. Manjrekar  once had the guts to call Sachins bad patch  as a elephant in the room. That too when Sachin was still around 32. MSD is 37 now.

Dhoni suffers from the same problem that many  sportsmen have in the past. Believing in your own hype.

This is when they lose all common sense.

Some famous examples Mike Tyson towards the end of his career started believing in the one punch knockouts which he became famous for and started looking for that rather than taking it one match at a time.

Same thing with Goran Ivanisevic who had a good all round game but just thought that he can win the game just with his serve.

Sehwag towards the end wanted to smack every ball rather than being calculating and treating bowling on it's merit or playing according to situation.

Similarly,Dhoni started believing this last ball/last over finisher hype. I don't think there is any malice there but he just thinks that the answer to ever situation is that take the game to the last 2 overs and start slogging. It doesn't work every time obviously and it is costing us a lot of games.

I fear Kohli now is going in the same way of believing the hype(rightfully to some extent) as the greatest ODI chaser ever. I see him chose to bowl whenever he is in doubt like the CT final for example because he thinks he can chase any target.Hope that is not the case though.

The support he gets inspite of being a flop in recent past is astonishing. What is the use of partnership which is built at SR of 60 odd. That's not going to win when RRR was 8+ rpo . Even Dravid had this attitude, play slowly and put pressure on others in ODI to score runs and it cost others wickets. No wonder Dravid flopped in ODI's and in his case too it was his multi skill of keeping that saved his place with help from Ganguly. Same with likes of Saba Karim and Nayan Mongia .Dhoni is no different, he too sucks all the momentum like other keepers we had before.

Edited by Straight Drive
1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

Dhoni suffers from the same problem that many  sportsmen have in the past. Believing in your own hype.

Some famous examples Mike Tyson towards the end of his career started believing in the one punch knockouts which he became famous for and started looking for that rather than taking it one match at a time.

Same thing with Goran Ivanisevic who had a good all round game but just thought that he can win the game just with his serve.

Sehwag towards the end wanted to smack every ball rather than being calculating and treating bowling on it's merit or playing according to situation.

Similarly,Dhoni started believing this last ball/last over finisher hype. I don't think there is any malice there but he just thinks that the answer to ever situation is that take the game to the last 2 overs and start slogging. It doesn't work every time obviously and it is costing us a lot of games.

I fear Kohli now is going in the same way of believing the hype(rightfully to some extent) as the greatest ODI chaser ever. I see him chose to bowl whenever he is in doubt like the CT final for example because he thinks he can chase any target.Hope that is not the case though.

Naah! He knows exactly what he is capable of and what he is not. Dhoni is too smart not to know this. His entire stellar career is built on knowing his strengths and playing yo it adjusting his batting order according to it. Being a captain he had the luxury to do that. He is just hanging around for his brand and minting some more money. Money is a thing one is never tired of earning.If he stops International cricket soon his IPL brand value will drop too. He won't risk missing on IPL. See the passion with which he plays IPL. You will see a lot more animated Dhoni when CSK lose while when India it's all about process and enjoying the game.Idiot plays IpL for winning and International matches for enjoying when it should be other way around.

26 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Naah! He knows exactly what he is capable of and what he is not. Dhoni is too smart not to know this. His entire stellar career is built on knowing his strengths and playing yo it adjusting his batting order according to it. Being a captain he had the luxury to do that. He is just hanging around for his brand and minting some more money. Money is a thing one is never tired of earning.If he stops International cricket soon his IPL brand value will drop too. He won't risk missing on IPL. See the passion with which he plays IPL. You will see a lot more animated Dhoni when CSK lose while when India it's all about process and enjoying the game.Idiot plays IpL for winning and International matches for enjoying when it should be other way around.

This.

The way he behaved yesterday was shameless. Like it is not even worth trying.

Compare that to how he behaves with so much emotions for csk...his priority is clear.

Edited by beetle

Okay guys, enough criticism of Dhoni...

What if I say he just followed the instructions of the team management (he is also part of it being senior player)...

His only mistake was he overdid it, as he's not used to this type of batting...

Tomorrow a new match and team India needs full support...

Hoping for a series win for team India...

:nice:

1 hour ago, asterix said:

Okay guys, enough criticism of Dhoni...

What if I say he just followed the instructions of the team management (he is also part of it being senior player)...

His only mistake was he overdid it, as he's not used to this type of batting...

Tomorrow a new match and team India needs full support...

Hoping for a series win for team India...

:nice:

Not enough. His performance last match  has re-invigorated passion even in people who have taken sanyaas :)

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u think its easy to make 125 runs in 10 overs with 3-4 wkts left, i dnt think so Be it dhoni, rohit, kohli or pandya 

Nope but still it's really difficult to play 4 dot ball in 46 the over. He did  not even try for a big shot untill message from dressing room has been sent that hit out or get out from the team.

7 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

But I have never seen so much hype for a batsmen with so much of limitations like playing only LOI format, limited batting ability( great determination though), not even a single century outside india. Probably Afridi is close second who has been hyped by Pakistanis. 

6 hours ago, SandeepMotta said:

He blocks till the players at the other end have no option but to hit out and get out, then he stays not out and scores a few boundaries when the game is already lost to bring up his strike rate, his fans hail him as the lone warrior. This has been Dhoni's template since 2016.

This. Exactly this is what their fan boys do in every thread.

He certainly has become more of an Afridi these days - a brand pretending to be a cricketer. This guy was, once upon a time among the top ODI batsmen in the world. Nowadays even friggin Sarfraz Ahmed is a better wicketkeeper batsman. In the last 3 years , Sarf averages 40 at a strike rate of almost 90 against top 8 sides. Dhoni strikes at 83 . That's pathetic for a number 6 . The best wk/batsman in the world has been Jos buttler 46 AVG at SR of 116. Arguably the best player in ODIs as well .

Not enough. His performance last match  has re-invigorated passion even in people who have taken sanyaas :)

In last 10 years of my stay on ICF, I might have never posted on cricket section as much as I posted last couple of days.

I felt betrayed as a fan. I am venting my frustration here but am still not able to overcome it. This is not about a one off innings. It's about the attitude of the whole Indian cricket fraternity which is nauseating. I am losing hope. This is worse than fixing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk