India currently has best bowling line up in world

6 hours ago, bhakum20 said:

Let's not big up bumrah so soon now. Aus has been a graveyard for foreign bowlers, even the great steyn averages almost 29. We will have to see how well bumrah adjusts his length and plans there.

partly because of his injury breakdown in his last test in 2016, and the fact that he played some tests early in career before hitting peak form.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:02 AM, Clarke said:

Yep, u can look at the doubts among the fans. But we certainly hope this becomes the undisputed truth by some measure. 

Undisputed will be difficult. They are easily among top 3 without any shadow of doubt and rating them as best is opinion. However reaction of posters was as if they are among bottom 3.

Waiting for people to complain how this batting line up is weak and this performance doesn't mean anything.

Pacers complement each other

Indian pacers are good at different metrics Along with that we have 3 spinners for Asia conditions - Ashwin, Jadeja and Kuldeep who are almost impossible to beat.

Excellent bowling in the 1st test match by India so far till the 64th over.

Bowling well as a group ...  bowling in good areas ball after ball ... pacers maintaining high pace in all spells ...  everyone maintaing pressure. Not easy for touring teams in Australia.

Indian pacers have the 2nd best bowling average as a group this year in test matches.

Don't go by practice match performances  ... otherwise,  Dinesh Karthick would have been the greatest batsman around.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Excellent bowling in the 1st test match by India so far till the 64th over.

Bowling well as a group ...  bowling in good areas ball after ball ... pacers maintaining high pace in all spells ...  everyone maintaing pressure. Not easy for touring teams in Australia.

Indian pacers have the 2nd best bowling average as a group this year in test matches.

Don't go by practice match performances  ... otherwise,  Dinesh Karthick would have been the greatest batsman around.

Some people who were laughing at my post few months back rated Pakistani bowling as better than current Indian bowling. I mean the team which can't get out kiwis out on day 4 pitch at their adopted home is better unit that duo of Ashwin-Jadeja.

Inferiority complex is high here.

Biggest hurdle for Indian pacers is team management who aren't willing to give chances to youngsters. We have 3 regular pacers in Bumrah, Ishant, Shami with Bhuvi as 4th and Umesh as 5th. 

Ishant has cemented his place as 3rd support bowler. We need a replacement for Shami whose fitness is always in question. Kohli and co need to look for 2-3 pacers from domestic cricket who can replace him. 1 tall pacer and a left armer would form better bench strength.

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Sorry No. I wish Indian attack .

Starc ,Cummins ,hazel ,Lyon is the best.

On basis of avg pace? If you consider that only, yes they are.

If you consider performance then they aren't. They did nothing in SA and UAE. 

India averages 26 in last 3 years, Aus averages 30, same as NZ. If they are better, then how do they average 4 points higher.

In which country they have done better? 

In SA

India - 23.5 Aus - 34.9

In UAE

Aus - 40.4, yes an attack of Ashwin and Jadeja will be this worse, averaging 50 against minnows!

In SL

Aus - 28.75, Ind - 25.4

In Eng

Aus - 28, Ind - 29.8

Seems like giving too much importance to pace has clouded the judgement. Anything which is more pacy is better is mantra being followed. Even with that Indian pacers aren't much far away from aussies.

14 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

/\ Atually a lot of resident experts had doubts on Indian bowlers. There have been threads on the same. Although early days, the Indian bowlers have proved what I already believed in 

Bumrah has made a huge difference tbh. Without bumrah we would have been same as before since Ishant is still Ishant with just a bit more discipline. Shami and Umesh on the contrary regressesed. So actually it's mostly Bumrah who is making the difference. Even a one world class bowlers creates such a great impact. I was sceptical of Bumrah playing tests because I thought we might lose Burah the ODI bowler by doing so ruining his length in ODIs and also fitness.But he is handling it fairly well so far. 

45 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Bumrah has made a huge difference tbh. Without bumrah we would have been same as before since Ishant is still Ishant with just a bit more discipline. Shami and Umesh on the contrary regressesed. So actually it's mostly Bumrah who is making the difference. Even a one world class bowlers creates such a great impact. I was sceptical of Bumrah playing tests because I thought we might lose Burah the ODI bowler by doing so ruining his length in ODIs and also fitness.But he is handling it fairly well so far. 

Bumrah has. No doubt. However, you got to admit that the Ishant Sharma version 2.0 has happened at the same time too. Both have coincided with each other and hence we have a good attack.