Prithvi Shaw and Hanuma Vihari included in India's 18-man squad; Shreyas Iyer to lead India A

8 hours ago, R.D forever said:

Goodbye and thank you Vijay. Seems a bit unfair when rahane and pujara are given lots of opportunities but vjijay is dropped after one failure.  Still remember his fighting innings vs SA in 3rd test.

He is my favorite too...but I think he is done. :((

He is a gritty player....but not talented enough to overcome age.

Hope to see him in ipl .

1 hour ago, Adi BB said:

I don't think dropping shami from the squad is the answer,on a dry pitch he can come hot. Siraj should have been selected in place of shardul (who has no place in the squad) and shouldn't have dropped kuly due to ashwins injury 

you are not going to get a dry pitch in England.  it is not India.

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

you are not going to get a dry pitch in England.  it is not India.

England can/do prepare dry pitches according to opposition and their own strengths ,they have done it in the past against saf and Aus so yes you can get dry pitches in a couple of venues (notably the oval).with our current bowling line up and their struggling batsmen ,you never know what the curators are instructed for the final 2 tests and it's pretty hot in England 

On 8/22/2018 at 9:28 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yup i wish Siraj was picked, Either for umesh or shardul

Shardul- wud be unfair to drop someone without a chance but still he is avg 

Umesh is jst to inconsistent ....

if shardul is just to carry drinks then it makes logic Siraj is Picked as Siraj could be played even ahead of Umesh, i dont think shardul will be played ahead of Umesh...

i mean if Shammi or ishant or bumrah or even hardik has a bad back on the match day , they will play UMesh , shardul has no chance at all, 

prithvi is too young, mayank should have been played.

I think Prithvi is still growing and is definitely under 19...too young to play for INDIA , he could have been played after 1 year.

Mayank looks strong good and good technique.

I think prithvi is still going go to grow strong for another 3 years..too young.

i will be surprised if he is mature enuf to play for INDIA at such a young age.