Solving India’s Middle Order Crisis

Jimmy Cliff

1 hour ago, velu said:

one bad year ( i expected much worse ) :p:

thala will be back with a bang .. i hope dhoni will regain his form and everyone want him to continue till 2023 :pray: 

Have been reading all of Velu's posts and there is definitely a lot of balance in what he says on topics outside of dhoni.

I just feel the exaggerated support to dhoni is a way of trolling and getting some spice and masala to the forum. It's very difficult to defend dhoni now tbh. 

Anyways it's good to have difference of opinion . Makes forums interesting

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

finishing isnt a job of an opener.  Regarding Pandya, he bats at 7.  He is not a finisher.  No one can be finisher at 7. His job is to come in try to hit big shots.  It is the job of batting at 5 and 6 to finish who gets enough balls to play. That is why I am asking Pandya to be moved up to 5 or 6 and use him more as a batsman who can bowl some overs and bring in someone else for 7.

I know finishing is not the job of an opener but when chasing a small total one of the openers normally end up finishing the innings like Rohit did in last match.

Rahul would make his case very strong if does those things IMHO.Pandya is just not good enough to bat higher. Pandya is neither a good dependable bowler who can bowl his ten overs 8 out ten times nor he is good enough batsman to be a no 5.It is not the responsbility of the management to find a spot for Pandya in batting order, his performances should do the talking for him.

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

We have the worst middle order in this series including teams that were knocked out. Absolutely pitiful.

That is so true, once upon a time that middle order was strength for our team. Once our top three fail, India might be one of the worst sides in the world.How guy like Pant is not able to crack this side is beyond me.

Rahul it looks like wants to be an opener only.He is not comfortable at no 4.

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am starting to have doubts whether he is involuntarily inserting himself into doing proxy captaincy. I know Kohli relies on him. I don't think Rohit relies on him. But he somehow tries to control the bowlers even as a non-captain.

once a captain always a captain and he captained team India for 8-9 years.  That habit does not leave you so easily and it wont in his case until he goes.  his on-field impact and influence will always be there till he is playing.

10 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Playing both Dhoni and DK is the issue. Ideally, from those we have seen we should see if a top 7 of

Dhawan

Rohit

Rahul

Kohli

Jadhav

Pant

Pandya

Would this work? But the logic is that we need a half decent sixth bowler in case if an injury to one of our main bowlers. Jadhav makes the team because of this although im not sold on him. Pant has more batting ability than both DK and Dhoni put together so that's a no brainer. Rahul ahead of Rayudu since he can score quicker and against better bowler s than gulbaddin and naib.

But apart from being unable to drop dhoni, I doubt kohli's who will allow us to give Rahul chances at no.3. Kohli, for the sake of the team, should drop to 4 and play more of an anchor role since rotation of strike us his forte. Our best stroke players should be at 1,2 and 3 to make best use of the 2 new balls.

TBH.... There are a lot of Jadhav's in Indian Cricket... ... K Gowtham, S Gopal, Krunal, N Rana, S Yadav

I would pick Surya Yadav... because we know he can tonk the ball which is needed for our middle order now. 

I would also like to see Samson making up the ranks before Gill or Shaw.. The guy needs to get a break. 

Dhawan / Shaw

Rohit

Rahul / Gill

Kohli

Jadhav/Gowtham/Gopal/Krunal/ Rana/ Surya Yadav

Pant/ Samson

Pandya (This is the bigger problem... No Fast Bowling all rounder.. Not like Pandya is truly one)

I want to see the selectors vet these new guys vs Windies..... 

Bottom line.... Jadhav is not special... its just selectors are not trying anything new.... they want to use the same condom...