The Biryani Test | Ind vs WI | Hy'bad | Oct 12, 2018

zen

3 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Still scored a ton as opener in difficult english conditions. He needs to stop throwing it away. But the only real passenger is Rahane .

In a dead rubber. His dropping last year for Dhawan was farcical but he's had a consistent run in the side since the 2nd Test in SA and has failed to score a 50 in any live Test this year (barring the one against minnows AFG). He's pretty much used up all the credit he had for his performance against Australia last year.

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

What about KLR who has failed to score 50+ in a live Test* since November 2017?

*Ignoring the AFG Test.

For me, Kohli and Shastri have destroyed his Test career. He is already 27-28 and it's going to be a huge uphill task for him to come out of this slump. At this point, with IPL fame and money, all this trouble is just not worth it. 

I think he entered Indian cricket at a wrong time being stuck between two generation of cricketers. This period will go down as the worst interms of team politics and nepotism. 

I am curious to see how his "so-called-friend" Kohli handles him from now on. I think I already know the answer. 

3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

For me, Kohli and Shastri have destroyed his Test career. He is already 27-28 and it's going to be a huge uphill task for him to come out of this slump. At this point, with IPL fame and money, all this trouble is just not worth it. 

I think he entered Indian cricket at a wrong time being stuck between two generation of cricketers. This period will go down as the worst interms of team politics and nepotism. 

I am curious to see how his "so-called-friend" Kohli handles him from now on. I think I already know the answer. 

Tbh up until 2016 it was his injuries that were holding him back. Kohli and Shastri were stupid enough to drop him against SL in 2017 but have given him a decent run of 10 Tests this year. Anyway I hope he turns it around in Australia.