Hinduphobic Bollywood

Laaloo

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

so hindu caste system is not evil ?

There is no such thing as “Hindu” caste system. Caste and class system exists in all religions in India and goes without saying that class and other biases exists all over the world not just exclusive to India or Hindus.

That is a different debate so Let us not go

down that rabbit hole

However I was commenting on the movie which was supposed to be a sports drama/ love story where the evils of the caste system was a running thread which looked very forced and pointless.

It is like watching Rocky if  every other scene being a debate on racial issues.

I have seen a lot of movies where they still show Bhramins as these scheming and evil people exploiting the lower classes. This may have been true a 100 years back in some areas but these days Bhramins are not a powerful political class in most states. In fact they are very poor and ignored by politicians. 

Similarly making movies about widows and how they are oppressed in this day and age or how Hindus are conservative and closed minded definetely looks forced and Hinduphobic.

Sure If social practices like Sati  etc are portrayed in the context of the movie for example Padmavati it makes sense but definetely looks like an agenda.

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

There is no such thing as “Hindu” caste system. Caste and class system exists in all religions in India and goes without saying that class and other biases exists all over the world not just exclusive to India or Hindus.

So Hindu caste system is not Hindu religion's responsibility....sorry, i disagree. 

Biases are one thing, but locked-in caste system does not exist anywhere else anymore. 

That is a different debate so Let us not go

down that rabbit hole

However I was commenting on the movie which was supposed to be a sports drama/ love story where the evils of the caste system was a running thread which looked very forced and pointless.

I disagree that talking about one of the greatest evils invented in India and propagating even actively today is forced or pointless.

Caste system is something that needs to be hammered on till it is literally melted away from our culture. 

It is like watching Rocky if  every other scene being a debate on racial issues.

Yea, Americans dont whine about Mississippi Burning or To Kill a Mocking Bird for showing things as the way they are, though. 

I have seen a lot of movies where they still show Bhramins as these scheming and evil people exploiting the lower classes. This may have been true a 100 years back in some areas but these days Bhramins are not a powerful political class in most states. In fact they are very poor and ignored by politicians. 

Bud, i come from a Brahmin family myself. The scheming evil brahmin archetype still exists amongst MANY Brahmins. This is why i quit this religion and strive to eliminate Brahminism from our culture. 

Similarly making movies about widows and how they are oppressed in this day and age or how Hindus are conservative and closed minded definetely looks forced and Hinduphobic.

No, because there are still millions of widows that are forced into seclusion even today. 

Sure If social practices like Sati  etc are portrayed in the context of the movie for example Padmavati it makes sense but definetely looks like an agenda.

No agenda at holding the candle to Hinduism and calling out its evils, except for making a better future. 

There is a movie, I think One-two-three. There are 3 characters and all named "Laxmi Narayan". IN the one of the scenes, someone says

kaun" 

Laxminarayan

Uski Ma ka....

One movie Sanju's a villain with extremely negative character and his name "Mahadev".

One movie, Welcome, where on a phone call guy says

Kya hua,

woh pandit bhag gaya

Catch that bastard.

I have skipped AK's movies, SK and SRK movies in last 3 years. No Sajid khan, and all those nonsense guys. Skipped SLB as well. You guys are all bol bachchans. I dont like to do propoganda. I will just boycott all their movies for rest of my life, including Thugs of Hindustan. 

These are the gods i meditate on. I dont really believe myself to be a hindu. I have guts. If you do then make people boycott them. Dont watch their movies. Salon ko bhikhari banao.

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

So Hindu caste system is not Hindu religion's responsibility....sorry, i disagree. 

Biases are one thing, but locked-in caste system does not exist anywhere else anymore. 

I disagree that talking about one of the greatest evils invented in India and propagating even actively today is forced or pointless.

Caste system is something that needs to be hammered on till it is literally melted away from our culture. 

Yea, Americans dont whine about Mississippi Burning or To Kill a Mocking Bird for showing things as the way they are, though. 

Bud, i come from a Brahmin family myself. The scheming evil brahmin archetype still exists amongst MANY Brahmins. This is why i quit this religion and strive to eliminate Brahminism from our culture. 

No, because there are still millions of widows that are forced into seclusion even today. 

No agenda at holding the candle to Hinduism and calling out its evils, except for making a better future. 

Maybe in Bengal where you come from, Brahmins might be a strong political class and maybe the case in some other states, it is not the same case with all states. I don’t disagree that there is exploitation but stereotyping it and attaching it to one community is as ignorant as the caste bias itself. It is a problem that comes with power. No different than areas of power centers controlled by one group of people like Italians/Irish/Jewish/Polish etc in the USA. Anyways that doesn’t justify it but that is very hypocritical of you to say that a archetype exists and generalizing many people of a certain community as evil.

Caste related themes or forced social commentary in a movie that is for light hearted entertainment purposes and has no context to it is what is a problem. 

Ok Caste system needs to be hammered on? In 2018 Caste bias is least of this countries problems. Unless you started living abroad in the 1950s I am not sure how you missed it. Yeah it is still there and it is an evil but this is not the 1900s anymore, this problem has gone down the pecking order in terms of India’s problems. 

1 hour ago, bhakum20 said:

There are like a billion hindus, surely there must be someone with enough money to make movies dissing chrislamists? 

Rather than feeling sorry for yourself you should take action.

I will strongly object to that. Why become dirty like them? Whether it is your god or my god, its the same issue. Please dont indulge into tit-for-tat attitude.

Please respect every god and believe in your own. 

14 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

I will strongly object to that. Why become dirty like them? Whether it is your god or my god, its the same issue. Please dont indulge into tit-for-tat attitude.

Please respect every god and believe in your own. 

If it’s agnostics/atheists or people of other Indic religions making fun of Hindus it’s fine. But chrislamists on the other hand should be dealt with severely, they’ve done too much damage since inception to be forgiven

And no I won’t respect any god because he/she/it has done nothing for me

4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Was that your biggest takeaway from my post?

1. You have poor comprehension skills

2. You seem to be easily attracted towards  Divisive themes. 

You are The who posted Brahmins are shown as evil characters. Shows your hypocrisy in calling me getting attracted to divisive themes.Truth is Brahmins have oppressed most India under the tag of sudras and untouchables. They have history of divisiveness. 

20 hours ago, Laaloo said:

i think they are not genuinely hinduphobic , but this is one of the ways opposition is trying to undermine bjp..

opposition consider  BJP hijacked nationalism and  hindu religion and they are trying to undermine both as much as possible by any means ..

also there are plenty of left liberals in film industry .. and most consider bashing our religion makes them intellectuals :lol: 

prakash raj and kamal hasan are hired by congress todo their PR work

6 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Maybe in Bengal where you come from, Brahmins might be a strong political class and maybe the case in some other states, it is not the same case with all states. I don’t disagree that there is exploitation but stereotyping it and attaching it to one community is as ignorant as the caste bias itself. It is a problem that comes with power. No different than areas of power centers controlled by one group of people like Italians/Irish/Jewish/Polish etc in the USA. Anyways that doesn’t justify it but that is very hypocritical of you to say that a archetype exists and generalizing many people of a certain community as evil.

Caste related themes or forced social commentary in a movie that is for light hearted entertainment purposes and has no context to it is what is a problem. 

Ok Caste system needs to be hammered on? In 2018 Caste bias is least of this countries problems. Unless you started living abroad in the 1950s I am not sure how you missed it. Yeah it is still there and it is an evil but this is not the 1900s anymore, this problem has gone down the pecking order in terms of India’s problems. 

It's not Brahmins that discriminated dalits, it was the rich class, zamindaars, but the tag got to Brahmins. They have used scriptures support to show they are upper class and dominated the uneducated. But once the zamindaars, british, these merchants got richer, they have used the tag to further divide the society on class basis blaming the brahmins for societal decay. Jaati system in scriptures was not  rigid as it is practiced. In present reality, Brahmins are the oppressed class, poor brahmins don't get reservation, can't even get the temple funds because the government has taken over temples as well. It is like the great white guilt of the west for the slavery etc., and rest of the societal actions affects mainly the poor white blue collar workers of America. Rich whites thrive anyway. 

Rich class of all castes are enjoying the status quo blaming the hegemony of brahminical order which is non-existent. They don't have any political clout and are saving money and sending their kids abroad for studies or depend on Private companies for jobs. If the reservations come to Private companies also, then it is doom for the poor upper castes (as they are called).

Edited by coffee_rules