Virat Kohli requests to BCCI that Team India pacers should skip IPL, rest for World Cup

CSK Fan

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Kohli's RCB will be the first to be eliminated. He will get rest.:laugh1:

Rohit is the competitive one in ipl...he will go all the way to the finals with aunty's well wi$he$ behind him.

I think thats the difference. Knowingly/Unknowingly you may have have toched on some characteristic of Kohli. For him competitiveness cant last long. Reminds me of Rabbit tortoise race

If my math is correct Even if a bowler plays all matches including eliminator,qualifier  etc etc max he will play 17 games.

That is a total of 68 overs which is like 7 odi games. Would you rather take rest sitting at home or practice in the middle in a high pressure situation?

sure workload can be managed by resting bowlers in pointless games but still not such a tall ask.

FAAK you Kohli. You have no right to tell other cricketers how to run their careers, neither do you have the right to interfere. you are a FAAKING captain - work with the team that is given to you. Not a manager who has the power to pace the careers of their charges (aka players under them).

Stay within your aukaad, gao-wallah up-jumped class-less tapori and stop trying to be Stalin. 

24 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

FAAK you Kohli. You have no right to tell other cricketers how to run their careers, neither do you have the right to interfere. you are a FAAKING captain - work with the team that is given to you. Not a manager who has the power to pace the careers of their charges (aka players under them).

Stay within your aukaad, gao-wallah up-jumped class-less tapori and stop trying to be Stalin. 

:fear1:

According to the ESPN Cricinfo, the IPL is likely to commence on March 23 in order to give the Indian team adequate rest before the World Cup. The showpiece event is scheduled to begin on May 30 while the Men in Blue will be playing their first game on June 5 against South Africa. As per the previous dates, the IPL was concluding on May 19 which would’ve ideally given them only 10 days before the World Cup starts.

It is also being understood these changes are being done in order to accomodate the team management’s request of India’s fast bowlers needing enough rest.

11 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

he has every right to interfere as a captain.  Captain's job is not just to take the team on the field but also plan off the field about the team, about the players he wants, and plan about the strategies.  

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he has every right to interfere as a captain.  Captain's job is not just to take the team on the field but also plan off the field about the team, about the players he wants, and plan about the strategies.  

No, that is not the job of the captain. A captain's job begins and ends on the field. Its the coach & manager's job to manage roster and personnel. A captain simply has to do the best he can with the team provided. period. Everything else, is putting too much power into the hand of a player who, by being a player, is NOT above the rest of the team and suspect to inter-team politics.

And even then, they do NOT have the right to tell players what to do outside of their jurisdiction. Just like how Jharkhand coach cannot tell MSD to play/not play in ODIs for Jharkhand's sake, same goes for team India's management for matches outside of team India purview. 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

No, that is not the job of the captain. A captain's job begins and ends on the field. Its the coach & manager's job to manage roster and personnel. A captain simply has to do the best he can with the team provided. period. Everything else, is putting too much power into the hand of a player who, by being a player, is NOT above the rest of the team and suspect to inter-team politics.

And even then, they do NOT have the right to tell players what to do outside of their jurisdiction. Just like how Jharkhand coach cannot tell MSD to play/not play in ODIs for Jharkhand's sake, same goes for team India's management for matches outside of team India purview. 

Not in cricket.  In cricket, captain is the leader of the ship and coach/manager are just support casts because in the end, it is the captain who is held accountable if team loses and praised if team wins and not coach or manager.  In cricket, Captain makes his own team and not coach.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Not in cricket.  In cricket, captain is the leader of the ship and coach/manager are just support casts because in the end, it is the captain who is held accountable if team loses and praised if team wins and not coach or manager.  In cricket, Captain makes his own team and not coach.

False. This is what Kohli and other power-hungry captains want you to believe. Cricket has had managers and coaches since forever and THEY are responsible for picking the team and managing assets. This is why there is so much politics in Indian cricket dressing room, because captain is one of the boys and giving this much power to the captain ends up in politics when captain is not playing well.

Regardless of how much power a captain should/should not have, they have ZERO say in whether a cricketer can play in any other match when not representing the relevant team. This is about basic human rights. If Kohli had said that to me, i'd sue him for infringing on my professional right to work.

14 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

False. This is what Kohli and other power-hungry captains want you to believe. Cricket has had managers and coaches since forever and THEY are responsible for picking the team and managing assets. This is why there is so much politics in Indian cricket dressing room, because captain is one of the boys and giving this much power to the captain ends up in politics when captain is not playing well.

Regardless of how much power a captain should/should not have, they have ZERO say in whether a cricketer can play in any other match when not representing the relevant team. This is about basic human rights. If Kohli had said that to me, i'd sue him for infringing on my professional right to work.

This is Indian cricket team and here captain has every right to ask where a particular player should play or not.  If a captain has no authority then he has no accountability as well.  Suppose Bumrah plays IPL and gets injured and misses the WC and that plays a huge part in India's ouster from WC and then i do not think we could blame captain for that. 

Edited by rkt.india
15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This is Indian cricket team and here captain has every right to ask where a particular player should play or not.

For the indian cricket team. He has ZERO rights to control a player's life outside of the cricket field when representing India. Nobody can tell another adult whether they can or cannot play a game of gully cricket, run in the morning or sit at home, etc. Those are infringements on personal life no boss has the right of.

If a captain has no authority then he has no accountability as well. 

Captain is accountable for on-field captaincy. Thats it. 

Suppose Bumrah plays IPL and gets injured and misses the WC and that plays a huge part in India's ouster from WC and then i do not think we could blame captain for that. 

Nobody blames the captain for not having XYZ player in first place. Blame for captain is what bowling rotations they do, field placements(when not done by the bowler) and what to do if they win the toss.