Will Shami get a chance ahead of Bhuvi when Bumrah returns back to the side?

If India has to reach finals then atleast it has to play 3 seamers.

Shami is a must outside subcontinent. We lost CT because Shami was not there ( as well as spinner duds). CT 2013- Ishant played role of 3 rd seamer.

Wc2015- 3 seamers were played

WC 2003- Srinath, Zak, Nehra wrecked havoc.

Bhuvi, Shami, Bumrah must play in all games in England. With this combo atleast worst case we can beat Pak.

14 hours ago, Kannadiga said:

Two spinners should not be a certainty. They should only play when the condition demands it. 

Against teams that play spin well but not pace - i.e. Pakistan, BD, SL, Afg - its a no-brainer to bench Kuldeep and go with Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami and Chahal.   

If we qualify for semi-final already, it may make sense to rest Bumrah at some point, even against the spinphobic teams like SA, Aus etc.

Shami was always a good bowler in the first 20 overs in ODIs.  And still is.  He is bowling some excellent wicket taking lines and lengths consistently and doing this at 137 kph to 145 kph.  And this is resulting in regular wickets.

But his much improved death bowling skills, in the last 2 ODI series, has made him a more complete ODI bowler.

He has bowled lots of excellent yorkers and some good slower balls in this period.  Very few loose balls in the death overs. 

It will be very difficult to leave him out.

The more options the merrier.

11 hours ago, sandeep said:

Against teams that play spin well but not pace - i.e. Pakistan, BD, SL, Afg - its a no-brainer to bench Kuldeep and go with Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami and Chahal.   

At this point every team has been disturbed by both 

Pak hasnt played much of these 2 either apart from asia cup and they also struggle against wrist spin 

23 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Pandya

kuldeep

chahal

shami

bumrah

I would really like to see how this attack does, in the ODI series against Australia.

If the death bowling looks comfortable then this would be my preferred attack in the important WC matches.

I would replace Chahal with Bhuvi against Pakistan and Afghanistan, and play 4 quicks and 1 spinner against those teams.