Looks like Pant doesn’t have the match awareness to play LOIs

maniac

6 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Pant will have a far longer career than Hetmyer. Their FC records tell you everything you want to know. Pant has a 300 in FC cricket and has shown in Tests he can play according to situation.

specfically talking about LOIs

19 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Hetmyer is great at hitting 4s and 6s (like many Windies new generation players) but Pant will gradually get better at constructing LOI innings to have a better career.

I think Hetmyer has a higher ceiling as a batsmen as compared to Pant. But you dont know what would happen to WI cricketers....

Pant has just one shot - the hoick over to cowcorner. When the ball is in that particular slot, he connects, otherwise it is a bunch of swipes. He just looks very jittery. It was the same in Tests too. Only thing was after swiping and missing a few, he calms down, and then suddenly finds his head after which he plays well :cantstop:

This is purely a mental thing, and hope to see him improve on this with game time.

17 minutes ago, flamy said:

Pant has just one shot - the hoick over to cowcorner. When the ball is in that particular slot, he connects, otherwise it is a bunch of swipes. He just looks very jittery. It was the same in Tests too. Only thing was after swiping and missing a few, he calms down, and then suddenly finds his head after which he plays well :cantstop:

This is purely a mental thing, and hope to see him improve on this with game time.

he gets bored with too many failed swipes and decides not to swipe :p:

2 hours ago, flamy said:

Exactly why I made that comparison with Hetmyer.Pant's hitting range is very limited as of now in comparison to someone like Hetmyer. Also I have no problem with his reverse sweeps and scoops however it seems he tries those shots just for the sake of it and has no control over them.He misses more than he connects.

I am yet to see him explode in LOIs but I would venture to say Kishan has better range of strokes than Pant but Pant's temperament is better.

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Exactly why I made that comparison with Hetmyer.Pant's hitting range is very limited as of now in comparison to someone like Hetmyer. Also I have no problem with his reverse sweeps and scoops however it seems he tries those shots just for the sake of it and has no control over them.He misses more than he connects.

I am yet to see him explode in LOIs but I would venture to say Kishan has better range of strokes than Pant but Pant's temperament is better.

Agree with everything except the last line... how is Pant's temperament better, when that is one of his biggest issues to solve..

Sure has the power and talent, but needs to have a more calm head than try to swipe everything for six..

Kishan sure looks a promising talent and should be brought into the ODI/T20 fray just after the WC.. Play both Pant and Kishan and let time tell who is better for the limited overs format. For Tests, Pant has clearly sealed his place as the first choice.

4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

He often commits way too early (in LOIs) & his balance is compromised while trying to play some of the shots, like when he wasn't in a position to play the shot then it went in the air & luckily Taylor missed the catch. During the net session before 1st t20, he was practicing reverse scoop against Pandya & missing it. But still he tried those shots in both these matches. 
Frankly he should curb his crazy instinct for a while at the start of his innings, otherwise he's really good. With more match experience he will improve & build the innings more responsibly.