Hindi Imposition and it's implications: News, Updates & Discussion

Lannister

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Read this snippet from Indian government's official website. 

Capture.PNG.803489b9146a29ee682004ed4d79ad07.PNG

Why would they write something like that if there are no other versions of national anthem? 

I don't care what they write. Ask the other Bongs around here, they will tell you the same. 

In pure bengali, it is:

Jono gono mono 

Odhinayoko Joyo He

Bhaaroto Bhaggobo Bidhaata

Etc etc.

The 'hindi-ized' version is pretty much the same exactly, with Bh being replaced with V, the 'o's with 'a's. We still sing it in the orignal Bengali form, I've never heard a Bengali sing it in the hindi form in bengal. 

You are a slave if you don't respect your mother tongue and want Hindi to be imposed on your people. 

I want both Hindi and Bengali along with English to prevail. I am a patriot, not a regional * who's brain has been filled with regionalist nonsense like you. Your Kannada identity is a subset- a small subset- of the Indian identity. Know your aukaat and stay within it. 

Fool, your Bengali identity is your Indian identity. Your opinion don't matter even among Bengalis. 

Fool, my bengali identity is secondary to my Indian identity, just like my Kolkatta-n identity is tertiary to my Bengali identity. And most Bengalis DO agree with me, which is why Bengalis outnumbered sheltere kannadigas 1000:1 in gaining our independence. 

I am not surprised that the sheltered south, having hardly faced much hardship outside solely of their own creating ( faacking south - can't even unite in an empire in its entire history), has lower patriotism than us Bongs. 

All states should have an equal status and that is the foundation of our country. 

No, it is not the foundation of our country. You already got corrected once when you said India was founded on the basis of language and tucked tail and ran. You spewing Kannadiga superiorist bakwaas wont' change facts. 

30 minutes ago, Lannister said:

But States don't have equal say when it comes to national policies.

States don't have ANY say in national policy. Citizens do. States can be altered at the whim of the nation and has been done so. Its time to cut Karnataka up and make Tulu-nadu i suppose.  

Nowhere in our constitution or anywhere does it say that states have equal say in national policies. No nation has that arrangement, we are not going to entertain such an insane idea because of butt-hurt kannadigas or tamils who have a poor grasp of history. 

5 hours ago, R!TTER said:

The number of Hindi speakers, even if it's their second language, is easily in the 500-600 million region. Your estimates are way off, for most Indians it is their native language or Hindi that's the logical choice.

The amount of hate for Hindi down South is astonishing, how the * did it get to this :no:

Where is the hate for hindi is posting stats. Post some source that proves hindi is spoken by more than 590 mill primary and secondary. There is a indian census dept why are so many people being this emotioinal about this ? Lol i am saying have 3 languages where is the hate ?

On 5/29/2019 at 9:31 AM, Vilander said:

i think local language + Hindi + English is necessary.

Local because most people only know that.

Hindi because many people who only know Hindi travel around

English because many people who know some other regional/ international language and only English also travel around. 

what order is not important unless the local population feels so.

Can any of the hindi chauvinists frothing in the mouth give a logical rebuttal to this. Think before your type.

59 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Hindi imposition is so severe that Chennai's favourite player is Dhoni, the slogger from Hindi belt Ranchi.

Boycott Dhoni Chennai folks, save your culture! 

that should give you an idea - if Tamils hate Hindi as a symbol of a culture they dislike - why do you love Dhoni  who is from that culture?. Hate has nothing to do with logical ask for local language be included in road signs.  Over reaction from most posters here. 

Primary Language and second most popular language by state.  Chart could be slightly off...says urdu as second language for Karnataka/ AP.   For the North from Kashmir to Punjab, Himachal, Uttarkhand,Haryana, Rajasthan, UP, MP, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Odishaetc can all have Hindi as second/first language for the most part.  The south is likely a little different with TN and Kerala being on the outskirts as far as Hindi is concerned.  I don't see a need to force Hindi down south.  

You can have 3 language signs with Local language, English, Hindi but should not replace local language with Hindi as it will hurt the sentiments of the locals and in reality is a foolish strategy from a Hindi expansion point of view.  If you really want to breach the locals, then slowly add Hindi to the culture as an addition not as a replacement.

d7aPERG.png 

Edited by vice

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

that should give you an idea - if Tamils hate Hindi as a symbol of a culture they dislike - why do you love Dhoni  who is from that culture?. Hate has nothing to do with logical ask for local language be included in road signs.  Over reaction from most posters here. 

They love Dhoni because Dhoni was imposed on them, just like how British imposed English language on South India.

What's with Bengalis not able to pronounce 'v'.  Pretty sure Sanskrit makes the distinction between v and b. 

They change 'a' to 'oi' as well.  If you take this into consideration, one can understand Bengali just like other Indo languages such as Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi,etc  There's a lot of similarities due to syntax, grammar, and influence of sanskrit/prakrits.

Edited by vice

9 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I am not surprised that the sheltered south, having hardly faced much hardship outside solely of their own creating ( faacking south - can't even unite in an empire in its entire history), has lower patriotism than us Bongs. 

The South, especially the Tamils, easily outclass Bengalis in every prominent category.  Bengal is a laggard state whereas the South is leading India especially Tamil Nadu.

19 minutes ago, MechEng said:

They love Dhoni because Dhoni was imposed on them, just like how British imposed English language on South India.

It's because Dhoni shows respect for the local culture. Haven't you see the ads of CSK players dressed in traditional clothes or even speaking Tamil? Anyways, that's sports people will even cheer for pakistanis like Tahir in the IPL.

19 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I don't care what they write. Ask the other Bongs around here, they will tell you the same. 

In pure bengali, it is:

Jono gono mono 

Odhinayoko Joyo He

Bhaaroto Bhaggobo Bidhaata

Etc etc.

The 'hindi-ized' version is pretty much the same exactly, with Bh being replaced with V, the 'o's with 'a's. We still sing it in the orignal Bengali form, I've never heard a Bengali sing it in the hindi form in bengal. 

It means central government don't give a **** about your Bengali language. Read and weep. It's written by one of your own people. 

http://www.anirbansaha.com/hindi-version-national-anthem-india/

19 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I want both Hindi and Bengali along with English to prevail. I am a patriot, not a regional * who's brain has been filled with regionalist nonsense like you. Your Kannada identity is a subset- a small subset- of the Indian identity. Know your aukaat and stay within it. 

Fool, my bengali identity is secondary to my Indian identity, just like my Kolkatta-n identity is tertiary to my Bengali identity. And most Bengalis DO agree with me, which is why Bengalis outnumbered sheltere kannadigas 1000:1 in gaining our independence. 

There is no limit to your Hindi slavery. Did British phuck you that hard that you all collectively lost your marbles? You can still be patriotic by just knowing your language Bengali. I am starting to feel sorry for your kids. 

On 5/29/2019 at 10:46 PM, Stan AF said:

Thank You.

This thread has great scope. I feel this should not be limited to imposition alone and it should be extended to various other ways the imposition takes place. There are some serious scams happening in recruitment when it comes to postal and railways sectors.  The below one is from 2 years ago.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/tamil-nadu/2017/may/31/cbi-goes-after-haryanvis-who-topped-tamil-in-postal-exam-1611066.html

Earlier this year, While Tamils were busy shouting CSK da, dhoni da, thala da there was also another railway recruitment scam recently which the Madras High court took cognizance of biased against Tamils in general. Not sure if we will get any justice.

That is the end game. To influence Jobs in the country. That if you control the jobs, then people will automatically learn the language. 

I think South should bring a rule, that if you want to work in government post, learn the state language first.

Edited by Lannister

Digressing for a moment...

Goosebumps guaranteed, a rare praiseworthy achievement by Kalaignar who penned the lyrics.

Music composed by ARR, this video was made for the World Classical Tamil Conference in 2010. 

@velu @Stan AF @Real McCoy @Vilander @The Dark Horse @Detonator @vvvslaxman @krupaksk @I6MTW 

14 hours ago, Lannister said:

It means central government don't give a **** about your Bengali language. Read and weep. It's written by one of your own people. 

false, it means that there is hardly any difference and if central govt. has said that, then it does not make it so. They are lying to appease the hindi populace and we bongs don't care, because we bongs KNOW the damn language it is written in and are far better literate in hindi too than you, so we are being bigger people. Part of not being shivering pu$$ies like your type of sheltered southies with a wrong notion of history. 

14 hours ago, Lannister said:

Idiot, read your own damn link.

This is what the author says:

A little bit of information:

The Indian national anthem was written by Rabindranath Tagore. It was written in Tatsama Bengali, which is very much Bengali and not Hindi version of the same. It sounds like Sanskrit, from which the language Bengali has drawn a lot of influences.There is no "Hindi Version" of the same and what is sung today is the first paragraph of the song unaltered.Another example of Tatsama Bengali is the song  "Vande Mataram" which is the Indian national song.. 

There is no limit to your Hindi slavery.

There is no slavery, there is only hindi jealousy and denial- by you. You are acting like a typical underaccomplished sibling against the superstar of the family ( hindi) for historic and cultural significance and being petulant. 

As i said, you = ignorant regional irridentist, who is being a shivering pu$$y because Hindi is spreading. As i said, notice no regional language who shares an actual border with hindi belt is whining as hard as you and a bunch of sheltered pu$$y southies. Grow up. Nation is more important than your itty bitty corner of it. 

Did British phuck you that hard that you all collectively lost your marbles? You can still be patriotic by just knowing your language Bengali. I am starting to feel sorry for your kids. 

No, we cannot be patriotic by using our state identity to define the national identity. Patriotism is loyalty to nation, by putting rest of nation at a lesser allegience and promoting state above nation, its the definition of being a traitor, not a patriot. 

Edited by Muloghonto