Pakistan team

sage

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They are in a rut. Pakistan usually wins matches tournaments with their bowling. Ever since their bowling (especially post Ajmal, called out Hafeez for chucking thrice) degraded significantly. Post ban Amir is just a containing bowler more than a wicket taker. Hasan was just a one season wonder. Didn't much outside a certain period. If you ask me he overachieved with what he has. Also new one day rules heavily went against Pak bowling. Unless they find a bowling unit that can threaten opposition they will continue to be losing more than winning.

They need to be realistic too, they are and will remain minnows for another 3-4 year or more. They need to invest on right players with potential. Young , fit and strong. Today's cricket demand pace, power hitting and athletic fielding. Pak team has pregnant captain, batsmen touching 40s. Their "premier" bowler is too short for a decent bowler. Their domestic cricket structure is in shamble and selectors don't reward players with good performance in FC cricket. All someone has to do is to bowl one or two 145 kpm balls in PSL and a hard hitting 30-40 runs in PSL to get selected. 

Strange things happen in cricket. So dont go around blowing trumpets a tad too early. The way I see it, India and Pakistan always start poor. So, I wouldnt read much into the last match. However, tbh, they have a very poor captain. But they are still a decent bowling side. They wont play this bad for the rest of the tournament.

38 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Strange things happen in cricket. So dont go around blowing trumpets a tad too early. The way I see it, India and Pakistan always start poor. So, I wouldnt read much into the last match. However, tbh, they have a very poor captain. But they are still a decent bowling side. They wont play this bad for the rest of the tournament.

Well, Pak is the only team to have played a proper one day series in Eng prior to WC, aur kitna practice/acclimatize chahiye? 

On 6/1/2019 at 10:48 AM, Sgattick10 said:

Well, Pak is the only team to have played a proper one day series in Eng prior to WC, aur kitna practice/acclimatize chahiye? 

Whats your verdict today? Whether they win or not, they have proved all the comments wrong in this thread!

On 5/31/2019 at 4:54 PM, sage said:
  1. Guy who is still playing 80’s cricket
  2. Guy who goes after everything, scores big and then has 5 **** games
  3. Good player, could be a bit more aggressive
  4. Guy with multiple botched surgeries who’s crap in the field, at his best will get 50 and give away his wicket
  5. Captain who can’t keep, can’t bat and is in great shape...the shape of a potato
  6. Senior citizen who is only in the side due to his bowling which will get banned again in no time at all
  7. Can’t field, is a spinner who doesn’t spin it and is a hard hitter who can’t hit the ball
  8. Good leggy, good fielder but **** with the bat for a guy who bats at 8
  9. Not sure what’s worse his celebration or his pace
  10. Mediocre bowler whose made a career out of a spell he bowled to an ageing Watson where he didn’t even get the wicket
  11. A convicted felon whose stats are crap but is still around for some *ing reason

hmmm...

Full credit, batted brilliantly. Root and Buttler were brilliant but eventually you do lose your way somehow when chasing these big totals. Pak made sure to post big total and were rewarded for it, even though bowlers from both side were taken to cleaners.