Dangal star Zaira Wasim quits films: My relationship with my religion was threatened

Singh bling

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

You're a mech engineer? I was in Detroit earlier this year for a career fair, dead city but a strong state in Michigan for automotive engineers.

I lived in suburban Detroit only for two years while I was working for Ford towards the beginning of my professional career. My wife hated everything about Detroit and we soon moved. The suburbs of Detroit are OK, but the city of Detroit is totally run down except a block or two in Downtown. And the winter really sucks! Since then I have worked only in the aerospace sector.

3 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Ah I have been to Texas thats a nice place as well. I think it has a lot of desi places there. Nice that you enjoyed Michigan. Its not the cleanest place to be. It still a fun state none the less.

TX also has MEGACHURCHES, freedom fries & guns :phehe:

22 hours ago, MechEng said:

The good stuff about TX is the job market and tax free state. Otherwise it's a boring desert.

I have a friend who worked in NJ mostly and recently moved to TX for a much better job pay wise and profile wise.

He was so happy to move to a Warner climate as well

He was so miserable there that every other day he would call me to see if I could refer him somewhere so that he could move back to the East coast. He was willing to take a pay cut.

Moral of the story is: if you miss NJ of all places and crave to come back there then TX must be officially the most miserable place to live :phehe:

@Texy @Laaloo

Edited by maniac

I just don't understand how can religion only affect women and not men?? IH goes on kissing kafir women in the films and that is okay?

What am I missing. If it is religious reason then shouldn't that be for all. Good riddance. Bollywood is as bad as it can be but there are lots of innocent and good people, actors and artists. By saying whatever she has said, she has insulted those as well. But she is just a kid, so yaa good riddance. 

2 hours ago, dial_100 said:

I just don't understand how can religion only affect women and not men?? IH goes on kissing kafir women in the films and that is okay?

What am I missing. If it is religious reason then shouldn't that be for all. Good riddance. Bollywood is as bad as it can be but there are lots of innocent and good people, actors and artists. By saying whatever she has said, she has insulted those as well. But she is just a kid, so yaa good riddance. 

Its called hypocrisy same reasons why women pastors are discouraged in somr denominations of christianity and som sect of Santan dharma enforces ghoonghat for women. 

9 hours ago, Texy said:

Its called hypocrisy same reasons why women pastors are discouraged in somr denominations of christianity and som sect of Santan dharma enforces ghoonghat for women. 

While I agree with what you are saying except the ghunghat part. However much it is a regressive practice, i doubt that it has to do with a religion. Its a cultural thing in north where there was a mughal influence. To save women from getting attention. This is not very dominant in the my states and most of south. 

22 hours ago, maniac said:

I have a friend who worked in NJ mostly and recently moved to TX for a much better job pay wise and profile wise.

He was so happy to move to a Warner climate as well

He was so miserable there that every other day he would call me to see if I could refer him somewhere so that he could move back to the East coast. He was willing to take a pay cut.

Moral of the story is: if you miss NJ of all places and crave to come back there then TX must be officially the most miserable place to live :phehe:

@Texy @Laaloo

Never knew east coasters moved to TX. Mostly folks from California come here to escape high taxes.

NJ is not bad at all from my experience, it's green and NYC, Washington DC, Boston, Lancaster are all within driving distance. Also pretty good public transport!

East coast is pretty much the best area in the US, you've also got Georgia and Florida in the South! Nothing better.

On 7/2/2019 at 12:56 AM, maniac said:

Also most Bollywood stars these days give their kids very ambiguous names that neither sound Hindu or Muslim. I mean the Muslim ones name their kids Akbar,Taimur, Faisal etc but even the Hindu ones give ambiguous names like inaaya ayaana etc etc. I mean no one names their after Hindu gods or goddesses.

Yup, AbRam, Aryan and Suhana all find mentions in the Holy Quran after all.

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Yup, AbRam, Aryan and Suhana all find mentions in the Holy Quran after all.

Suhaana is a urdu word for fragrance not a Sanskrit word. Abram is just a modern version of Abraham again a name with Islamic connotations . 

Anyways there can be exceptions to the rule. However I haven’t heard any Bollywood star naming their kid after Hindu deities or sanskritized names . Feel free to prove me wrong.

Btw parents can name their kids whatever they want. I am just pointing out what I know

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Btw parents can name their kids whatever they want.

true the whole controversy when kareena and saif named his son Taimur was ugly, so he wants to glorify a genocidal maniac who killed milions of Hindus ? he is proud of that and he would name his son that. Its fair game.

22 minutes ago, maniac said:

Suhaana is a urdu word for fragrance not a Sanskrit word. Abram is just a modern version of Abraham again a name with Islamic connotations . 

Anyways there can be exceptions to the rule. However I haven’t heard any Bollywood star naming their kid after Hindu deities or sanskritized names . Feel free to prove me wrong.

Btw parents can name their kids whatever they want. I am just pointing out what I know

AbRam - is supposed to be a composite name. Hence the capitalised 'R' for Ram.

Aryan has no Islamic connotations whatsoever.

Suhana- means pleasing in Sanskrit, if this website is to be believed. Either ways, its a name across religions in India. The prefix 'su' means good in Sanskrit.

Arshad Warsi's kids are called Zeke and Zoe. :confused: 

Abhishek Bachchan and his daughter Aaradhya, Tushar Kapoor, Akshay Kumar's son Aarav, Sunny Deol's kids and a whole host of others have names which are more traditional and/or having Sanskrit roots. Don't know if they are based on the name of deities.

I am not sure I follow what you are trying to point out?

Edited by Mariyam

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

true the whole controversy when kareena and saif named his son Taimur was ugly, so he wants to glorify a genocidal maniac who killed milions of Hindus ? he is proud of that and he would name his son that. Its fair game.

I don’t care if someone name their kid Adolf. The parents need to have sense of the repercussions their kid has to live with.

From what I have heard In some communities back in the day, if the mother had lot of miscarriages or kids dying early they used to give their kids random names to protect kids from the evil eye. Some of the names are funny but hey it’s the kid who has to grow up and live with it.

My problem was more with the way they were defending it that it means something else and other crap and how it was just a beautiful sounding name etc . Had he said Taimur was a brave warrior or some other crap like that, I would have respected that

5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

AbRam - is supposed to be a composite name. Hence the capitalised 'R' for Ram.

Aryan has no Islamic connotations whatsoever.

Suhana- probably means pleasing in Sanskrit, if mid day is to be believed. Either ways, its a name across religions in India. The prefix 'su' means good in Sanskrit.

Arshad Warsi's kids are called Zeke and Zoe. :confused: 

Abhishek Bachchan and his daughter Aaradhya, Tushar Kapoor, Akshay Kumar's son Aarav, Sunny Deol's kids and a whole host of others have names which are more traditional and/or having Sanskrit roots. Don't know if they are based on the name of deities.

I am not sure I follow what you are trying to point out?

Ok fine Sharukh Khan names his son after lord Rama as he is a staunch devotee. It has nothing to do with Abraham.

sharukh Khan is a linguistic expert that he liked the name suhaana because rather than it meaning fragrance in Arabic he was mesmerized by the play on words deep

rooted in Sanskrit. 

All I am saying is Bollywood stars wouldn’t risk their kids named after a Hindu name because most of them will grow to be useless dumb fks who will not have a career outside the film industry anyways. With a Hindu name their marketability in other countries would decreases. It’s not a conspiracy. Just my point of view.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:11 PM, Cricketics said:

Btw, off topic @beetle and @Mariyam recently his whole Indian team started keeping beard few years ago with Kohli starting and then we saw Jadeja, Rohit, Rahane - pretty much all of our team, is that the reason may be all of youth started keeping beards too thinking it looks really "cool".  I started seeing this among Indian youth back home in India where everyone was posing with their beard, trying to look like Kohli or that super cool dude with his beard. Though looking at Kohli now, he doesn't even seem to be trimming his beard anymore unlike before. But really whats up with all of young India following prey to this stupid beard idea. It doesn't even look that great on most of them. It just looks plane dirty unless well groomed on some or if its a Sikh dude with a Turban who can actually carry it well at least.

I think the entire follow the Kohli beard-do shtick is passe. Last season stuff. Its expiry date was 2017.

Edited by Mariyam