biggest disappointment of this World Cup?

Rabada has bowled well. A lot of the wickets earned by the other SA bowlers have been thanks to Rabada. He's had some bad field placements, and some bad luck. I think he is really missing the presence of a senior bowler, like Morkel or Steyn, to help with the field placements and help guide him when things are not going his way. He currently lacks the maturity to be the spearhead of a bowling attack, but that should come with time, provided the senior SA fast bowlers work with him. Du Plessis does not appear to be a very good on field tactician, IMO, esp. when it comes to the fast bowlers. Today the commentators were discussing it fairly openly, without blaming Du Plessis directly (I'm guessing he is good buddies with the commentary team), but it's been noticeable for a while now.

This SA team has lost a lot of good bowlers all at the same time, and are lacking continuity, which may come to hurt this team significantly.

43 minutes ago, Aiden said:

The most deserving team who was on a roll won 4 in a row are out of semi final due to the stupid ICC rules.

They should have not got ass whipped in their first match.  First game counts the same as the 9th game.

Biggest disappointment has to be Windies.  Their lack of fitness and **** captaincy has been horrific.

Scotland / Ireland / Zimbabwe should get invited to next World Cup over them unless they can prove they take the 50 over game seriously.

Kohli no tons yet.Thought he would break or equal God's 50 century record in this WC.May be I was too optimistic.

Brohit no double tons yet .

Seems like Guptill has decided to wake up from sleep against our team.

Buttler has been quiet so far.Lull before the storm in the finals.

Maxwell's bat has been idle till now.Smith is a big match player.

What a farce the SA campaign had been.

Gayle failed totally.Expected Windies to reach semis.

Bangladeshs & Greenbros punched above their weights this time.

Edited by diehardpacer

Tamim Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar, latter at least bowled well in a couple of matches. I guess Tamim will emulate this edition's Mashrafe in 2023 WC. SC and its seniority culture :facepalm:.

Shakib was GOATing out there, a real pity the other Bangladeshi seniors couldn't step up, a semi spot was there for the taking. 

Windies were a personal disappointment for me. Especially after the shellacking defeat they dealt to NZ in the warmups. Should have won the game against Australia and NZ. Took BD for granted and paid the price for it.

Had so much talent but not the patience and perseverance to grind it out in the 50 over format. Lack of a wicket taking spinner in the middle overs hurt them the most. Cottrell was good for most games. Evin Lewis should never have been in the team.

Rabada, De Kock, Smith, Rashid, Kohli, Hetmeyer

As a team, West Indies,

being from Carribean there athlectism on the field was associate level, dropped catches and ground fielding for pathetic on par with the Afghan fat boys 

And their batting approach is that of school team

53 minutes ago, test fan said:

Just watch this vedio clip.. unbelievable

Are there no minority community players in Pak? 

Bangladesh has couple of match winners in the team.. 

It amuses me, that Bangladeshi or Afghan players (I’m sure they too are devout Muslims), never overtly display religion on field. Never do Sajda or post match, “Busmillah... Thanks to Almighty Allah.. thingy. That’s cringe worthy and makes you not feel sorry for these uneducated Faggots  for getting kicked out of the tournament... I’m pretty sure they do all sorts of Haram things privately but show off as devout Muslims...

Shakib is a Namazi, created huge records in WC, not once showed off his religion... I’m sure Bangladesh fans don’t even care for all this...

This is the reason why Pakistan find itself in whichever situation they are in, of course Thanks to Almighty Allah...

And we all say Mashallah at Pak Humdullahs... :phehe: 

Edited by asterix