Gutted !

Just now, SrinjayDutta said:

True. The only issue was middle order. And that bit us with all possible bad luck and rain. I know you hate dhoni with all your might and situation was tough. But the guptill run out, I could not believe my eyes. Such luck at such a crucial time.18 runs in an neesham over, could have been a small chance.

Don’t think it would have made a difference. You still had to see off Ferguson and his 4 deliveries. What Killed was Dhoni not putting loose balls away with Jadeja at the other end. That put unnecessary pressure on him.

I switched off at 5-3 and didn't bother to get much heartbreaks looking at train wrecks of DK, Pant brain fades, Dhoni tormenting with dots and singles and causing the wickets of Pandya, Jadeja. Went for a long refreshing morning walk, did household chores, cooked breakfast and meditated. No gutting over a mere game, will go cheer India the next game if Dhoni is not playing.

Just now, coffee_rules said:

I switched off at 5-3 and didn't bother to get much heartbreaks looking at train wrecks of DK, Pant brain fades, Dhoni tormenting with dots and singles and causing the wickets of Pandya, Jadeja. Went for a long refreshing morning walk, did household chores, cooked breakfast and meditated. No gutting over a mere game, will go cheer India the next game if Dhoni is not playing.

You know this loss doesn't because we deserved it, especially as Brat backed Dhongi due to non cricketing reasons!

1 minute ago, Kiraisjustice said:

If they win they deserve it, you are no one to decide who deserves it or not, winning knockout games is not easy, if the win the final they are deserving winners.. Nz winning the cup will give a huge boost to cricket in nz

They are already world champion for decades in one sport though!! Wish we dominated cricket like that.

21 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

The reason this feels more bad bcoz in 2015 semi finals and 2017 CT finals, we knew we will loose bcoz we were chasing huge totals. But never in my dreams I thought we wont chase 240 here. Last night I was all dreaming about the finals on coming sunday and what our strategy should be etc. :((

I kinda expected a top order collapse because of two reasons -

one : they have not had one in this world cup

two : Rain + NZ is always a success story.. they are the opposite of SA.. cloudy conditions favor their bowling too.. they beat SA in 2015 SF and now today, both in rainy conditions.

28 minutes ago, Kiraisjustice said:

Nah, nz should win, it is best for cricket

The best team should win, NZ depend on several factors going their way to win.... If England were in similar position us to they would have blown NZ away....  NZ does not deserve the world cup... 2015 yes... they played very good ... not this year. 

What hurts most is we had the team to win.But lost out due to sheer poor long term planning and one trick pony strategy with no plan B.(top 3 or bust)And we lost to an inferior team.

We needed a psychologist like mike horn in 2011 for these mentally weak characters like kuldeep and rahul.

Hope now england wins the cup.They are deserving and i don't want another aussie victory at any cost.

12 minutes ago, Revenge said:

While losing this semi final sucks - it would have been far more painful had we lost to Eng/Aus. NZ is probably the most like-able team - I actually want them to win the World Cup. I think ODI cricket needs a new champion.

They are liked because of pity not because of skill. 

15 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

They are liked because of pity not because of skill. 

Well I bet now nobody is liking them out of pity - they flipping knocked out India out of the World Cup. And there is nothing to pity a team that has reached the World Cup finals twice in a row now.

Anyway - the camera was on Kane Williamson's face after they won the game - and the guy is so incredibly calm. As I said I like this New Zealand side. They did not indulge in any 'in your face' celebrations. 

As I said my personal preference is for the Kiwis to win. 

29 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Time to salvage some pride by winning the T20 WC next year.   Although it's t20, it's a WC nevertheless.     Winning it will heal atleast half of our wounds.  

Little chance of that happening under the current regime. They will pick test players for the T20 format. Expect Rahane to return.