BCCI faces an uphill battle to save IPL and Indian cricket from ICC

The ICC is hell bent on destroying IPL and bilateral cricket. By playing one or in some cases 2 ICC events in a year, it wants Concentrate the finances of world cricket in its hands.

ICC led by Manohar and his CEO Manu Sawhney want to cram the year with ICC events,so that there is hardly space for enough bilaterals and leagues. In absence of that, boards will be dependent on ICC for funds and ICC will have total control. Even if one or two leagues survive ICC will try to control them on the condition that ICC is letting them run.

Manohar by doing this intends to buy out the votes of smaller boards, by giving them handouts. With this he may remain ICC chairman for long.

BCCI which has an income thats twice of ICC is facing an uphill task. In the 4 years that CoA controlled the Bcci, they have lost power in ICC, while Manohar has worked to concentrate his hold on ICC and devise a way to break the Bcci's back.

If this is not all, Manohar has already said that if BCCI cannot get tax exemption from the govt than 2023 WC will be shifted out of India. Also his regime has made it mandatory that post 2023, any country hoping to host an ICC event has to first get govt assurance on tax exemption.

The ICC board at present has 18 members.

12 test nations

3 associate nations

Chairman

Ceo

Independent director

Out of these 18 votes

Manohar is to get the following votes surely

Chairman

CEO

Independent Director

PCB

SLCB

WICB

ZCB

Couple of more votes that he will bag are

BCB(Sawhney went to BD last month,hawking a couple of ICC events)

Malaysia (Another country where Sawhney went to sell the ICC events lollipop.)

Singapore

This pretty much seals the voting in the ICC board.

BCCI too has been trying to garner support.

Recently it held a meeting in Mumbai where BCCI ECB CA NZC and CSA met and they apparently decided to support Bcci and ECB on this matter. One can count Afghans and Irish boards to vote with them and Scotland as well.

So BCCI probably has 8 votes to 10 for Manohar. They need at least two more votes as any tie will mean Manohar having the tie breaker vote.

BCCI faces an uphill battle to get the sway votes like BCB, Singapore ZCA on its side.

If all fails, we may have a scenario where ICC events take place without Bcci or Bcci become just another board.

Goodluck BCCI!!!!!

For they are going to need it.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

I hope IPL is curtailed to 1 month affair because its saddest time of year for me. I have skipped watching even finals in past few years.
No cricket for 2.5 months is too long for me. Miss those summer Tests when we used to drain firangis for 5 days here.

This. 

IPL shouldn't be longer than a month. Period. We need more Int'l cricker during summer (not in India though:phew:).

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

I hope IPL is curtailed to 1 month affair because its saddest time of year for me. I have skipped watching even finals in past few years.
No cricket for 2.5 months is too long for me. Miss those summer Tests when we used to drain firangis for 5 days here.

14 minutes ago, Norman said:

This. 

IPL shouldn't be longer than a month. Period. We need more Int'l cricker during summer (not in India though:phew:).

Personally hate IPL, but it should stay the way it is, maybe even expand. Benefits outweigh the negativies. We as individual fans may not like the format and/or the circus tamasha, but needs of Indian cricket far outweigh our personal likes and dislikes. 

If you wanna fill the void in those months there are other avenues. I like that gap because I can follow the complete ATP European clay swing, timings convenient as well :dance:. Besides 12 months international cricket is overkill. 

Edited by Gollum
7 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Who needs enemies with Indian fans like these?

Just my opinion brother. You can agree to disagree. :agree:

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Personally hate IPL, but it should stay the way it is, maybe even expand. Benefits outweigh the negativies. We as individual fans may not like the format or the cirus tamasha, but needs of Indian cricket far outweigh our personal likes and dislikes. 

If you wanna fill the void in those months there are other avenues. I like that gap because I can follow the complete ATP European clay swing, timings convenient as well :dance:. Besides 12 months international cricket is overkill. 

Two months (sometimes even more than that) is just too much hit and giggle cricket to take in. Besides, the so called positives from the IPL are way too overrated. We haven't won a single world T20 in 5 attempts after it's initiation and will most likely won't thss year as well. How many genuine power hitters have emerged from it ? All we get are TTFs like Rayudu and Unadkat making comebacks into the team based on their IPL performances. If earning $ is another positive, then BCCI an get more than enough by playing a month long IPL and some top quality Int'l cricket for the saved month.

I remember there was a time when we hardly had any match against aus,eng ,sa or nz entire year. We will have something against SL around jan-mar or occasional visit by big teams.  As we din't have fininacial clout.  Because of IPL we can now dictates whom we want to play and where. If ICC will be managed to curtail IPL we would loss that financial power and snake Manohar who is pupper of CA and ECB would further cut our financial portion in ICC revenue.  People thinks it's ICC who is proposing this changes are wrong, reality is ECB and CA never liked this power shift to India and they indirectly through ICC trying to destroy our cricketing clout at the same time they don't want to loss their financial gain by playing against india and by playing in IPL. I would like BCCI to take this very seriously and simply butcher these even the iota of thought of bringing any new events  by bringing in more quadrangular series like events

I personally won't mind regular multi team events over some random bilaterals but not at the sake of devaluing the existing tournaments. The proposed ODI and T20 champions cups are an absolute farce. 

Best thing would be to play more quadrangulars or Tri series'. Hope Ganguly gets that ODI super series off and running.

IPL as a cricket tournament is really not the problem. The problem was how it was commercialized to an extent where cricket became tertiary after serving the commercial interest of Bollywood and sponsors/business. Sony as braodcatser was also responsible for diluting the cricketing aspect of the tournament. However there is a definite change in terms of quality of matches and overall governance in last 2 years. Star Sports is also much more sophisticated when it comes to sports broadcasting. With a serious governing body in place we should see quality to trend upwards with more talented players groomed in for international T20. 

Having said that it's also important to have a proper selection committee and intelligent bipartisan team management. Until we have that we won't get anywhere regardless of all the talents and infrastructure that we have at our disposal. 

T20 WC every 4 years, and ODI WC every 4 years, with test championship cycle every 2 yrs is enough.

Cramming an ICC tournament every year is ridiculous. A few more tri-series / quadrangular among top teams and likewise for next 4 wld be good.

Let loose ED, IT and Srini mama against manohar, sahwney type back-stabbers...including of course, their mentor Pawar. Just break away from ICC if push comes to shove, or engineer a coup against manohar.

I'd prefer Asia Cup and SENAW Cup (name it Viv Richards trophy or something like that, to be hosted outside SC) every 2 years (again alternating between T20 and ODI), then finalists from these 2 competitions qualify to SF (best of 3?), and then best of 3 final. SF/F venue can be alternated between India and Eng/Aus. Since Asia Cup is already on the FTP, schedule won't be too packed from Indian pov. 

Edited by Gollum