Are you all ready for the match of this IPL (so far)?

sarcastic

Yes, I am talking about the clash between the table toppers, MI and DC tomorrow. They are playing their last of the first half league match with each other. If DC wins this, they have virtually booked their place in the first qualifier. If MI wins this, they are more or less certain playing in the playoffs and can vie for a spot in top 2.

So, we might be witnessing a dress-hearsal of the first playoff between top two teams and potentially the final of IPL too.

Enjoy this match with both sides boasting the best fast bowler and good death batsmen.

French Open final tomorrow starting from 18:30 IST, Djokovic vs Nadal in what appears to be the most important tennis match in history, scratch that the most important individual sporting encounter in history. So much on the line including Federer's GS record.

I will miss this IPL match, but good luck to DC. Win, lose doesn't matter, just need the Indian kids to shine. 

Edited by Gollum

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

French Open final tomorrow starting from 18:30 IST, Djokovic vs Nadal in what appears to be the most important tennis match in history, scratch that the most important individual sporting encounter in history. So much on the line including Federer's GS record.

I will miss this IPL match, but good luck to DC. Win, lose doesn't matter, just need the Indian kids to shine. 

Let me get this straight. You will miss the most important IPL game of the season (thus far) which includes the team that you've been supporting for 4 long weeks with many Indian youngsters to watch some random Baguette Cup game between two players whose names I can't even pronounce.

So much or being a cricket fan. :rolleyes:

Be there and support 'your' team.

Djokovic? 

Is that the sound one would involuntarily emit just before hurling out a badly cooked roti? Djooook-ovic

Edited by Mariyam

3 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Don't get your hopes up. It will be an one-sided match.

Stanostradamus, respected seer please elucidate and explain thineself.

For sooth, us mere mortals knoweth not what thy indicate.

One sided in favour of which side?

Edited by Mariyam

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Let me get this straight. You will miss the most important IPL game of the season (thus far) which includes the team that you've been supporting for 4 long weeks with many Indian youngsters to watch some random Baguette Cup game between two players whose names I can't even pronounce.

So much or being a cricket fan. :rolleyes:

Be there and support 'your' team.

Djokovic? 

Is that the sound one would involuntarily make just before hurling out a badly cooked roti? Djooook-ovic

I like cricket, love tennis. Missed last year's cricket WC final cos it clashed with Wimbledon final. Anyway MI, DC will meet again nah, maybe more than once. 

Supporting DC for 4 weeks, have been supporting Federer for 17 years, Djokovic for 5 years, hating Nadal for 15 years. Legacy on the line in Paris, tomorrow's final more important than 100 IPLs for me. 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

You are in 2020, you can watch both at the same time. 

14 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Stanostradamus, respected seer please elucidate and explain thineself.

For sooth, us mere mortals knoweth not what thy indicate.

One sided in favour of which side?

It is self explanatory because playing Nadal on clay is like trying to win a rally against a wall. 

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Don't think Djokovic is any match to Nadal on red clay

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Won't happen, but nice thought.

Nah, Nole has a chance cos this isn't normal RG. This is October and conditions are much cooler, roof available in case of rain (we all know who the best non-Swiss indoor player is), much less windy (Nadal best in windy conditions, Nole struggles), ball won't bounce that much negating Nadal's deadly FH topspin to Nole's BH and did I forget different balls (switch from Babolat to Wilson which is heavier/slower and the Spaniard hates it). Nadal a bit slower, stamina edge not that huge, moreover he hasn't beaten Nole in a BO5 since 2014 so mental edge nullified. Also the pressure of equaling Fed's record will be playing on his mind, Nole has nothing to lose. 

Breaking it down:

Advantages for Nole: serve, return of serve, movement, dropshots, nice depth in his shots, tactics (nobody knows better how to exploit Nadal's weaknesses), mental toughness (won 2019 SW19 and 2020 AO finals despite being outplayed), not having lost to Nadal in a GS since 2014 RG, recent dominance over Nadal, ups his game against his main rivals esp in semis and finals of majors, quick starter this time around, more battle hardened

Advantages for Rafa: aura at RG, PC's unique court dimensions and placement of hoardings allowing deep return/rallying position behind baseline, slowness of the court (debatable since even he won't be able to hit through Nole), stamina, excellent net play, less time spent on court in last 2 months so fresher legs in case match goes to 5th, recent success over Nole on clay but there are reasons for that like fatigue for the Serb before 2019 Rome or his Pepe Imaz form in 2017-18

Concern for Nole: Neck injury (possibly) which can hamper his BHDTL and inability to generate pace on BH wing (but being lefty Nadal won't be able to slice to his BH unlike Fed :aha:), fatigue after that SF, mental scars of previous RG finals, mental lapses like we saw against the Greek

Concern for Nadal: Slower than previous years, weak second serve, too many short balls, low bouncing conditions taking away his key strengths, immense pressure courtesy GS record, most uncomfortable opponent, a bit undercooked cos of level of opponents so far, poor pre-RG prep (check the years when he didn't win RG and his lead up tourney performances)

Pray tell me how this match isn't 50:50. One thing I can tell you right away, if Nole finds his BHDTL today there is nothing Nadal can do, 4 sets victory for my guy. Best vs best Nole stomps all over the Spaniard, just watch how he feasts on Nadal's second serve today  :eating: 

All hail the King

4i3x0u.gif

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Nah, Nole has a chance cos this isn't normal RG. This is October and conditions are much cooler, roof available in case of rain (we all know who the best non-Swiss indoor player is), much less windy (Nadal best in windy conditions, Nole struggles), ball won't bounce that much negating Nadal's deadly FH topspin to Nole's BH and did I forget different balls (switch from Babolat to Wilson which is heavier/slower and the Spaniard hates it). Nadal a bit slower, stamina edge not that huge, moreover he hasn't beaten Nole in a BO5 since 2014 so mental edge nullified. Also the pressure of equaling Fed's record will be playing on his mind, Nole has nothing to lose. 

Breaking it down:

Advantages for Nole: serve, return of serve, movement, dropshots, nice depth in his shots, tactics (nobody knows better how to exploit Nadal's weaknesses), mental toughness (won 2019 SW19 and 2020 AO finals despite being outplayed), not having lost to Nadal in a GS since 2014 RG, recent dominance over Nadal, ups his game against his main rivals esp in semis and finals of majors, quick starter this time around, more battle hardened

Advantages for Rafa: aura at RG, PC's unique court dimensions and placement of hoardings allowing deep return/rallying position behind baseline, slowness of the court (debatable since even he won't be able to hit through Nole), stamina, excellent net play, less time spent on court in last 2 months so fresher legs in case match goes to 5th, recent success over Nole on clay but there are reasons for that like fatigue for the Serb before 2019 Rome or his Pepe Imaz form in 2017-18

Concern for Nole: Neck injury (possibly) which can hamper his BHDTL and inability to generate pace on BH wing (but being lefty Nadal won't be able to slice to his BH unlike Fed :aha:), fatigue after that SF, mental scars of previous RG finals, mental lapses like we saw against the Greek

Concern for Nadal: Slower than previous years, weak second serve, too many short balls, low bouncing conditions taking away his key strengths, immense pressure courtesy GS record, most uncomfortable opponent, a bit undercooked cos of level of opponents so far, poor pre-RG prep (check the years when he didn't win RG and his lead up tourney performances)

Pray tell me how this match isn't 50:50. One thing I can tell you right away, if Nole finds his BHDTL today there is nothing Nadal can do, 4 sets victory for my guy. Best vs best Nole stomps all over the Spaniard, just watch how he feasts on Nadal's second serve today  :eating: 

All hail the King

4i3x0u.gif

H2H on clay

29-26 for Joker

On clay, Rafa is the King

But when it comes to clay tennis, the Spaniard has triumphed in six of their seven meetings at the French Open, including the 2012 and 2014 finals.

Djokovic, though, can take comfort from the fact that he won their most recent encounter on this surface.”