How come Surya kumar Yadav has never been selected for Intl squads?

I6MTW

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

I am talking about Sharma and Iyer. Pandey mostly comes out to bat at #6 in T20s. It's the Iyer who is keeping Yadav out from #4 position. Yadav could also play as an opener in place of Sharma. 

Ahh My goodness. The multiple meanings here.  Story of India :laugh:

11 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

My t20 XI

Rohit(c)

KL/Dhawan

SKY

Samson(keeper)

Pandey

SDP

Washington

Saini/krunal/tewatia(depending on condition)

Chahal

Shami

Boom boom

why is KL under doubt that to for dhawan 

Samson isnt good beyond 3 most days

Pandey is at his best in t20 if he bats at 3 

Krunal n tewatia cant play as main bowlers 

Why are all threads archived and not being able to post replies??

I was searching for gollums thread on indian batsmen should adopt sweep and reverse sweep thread only to find it locked and archived.

Yesterday's game had one too many beautiful sweeps from SKY and it deserves to be posted in that thread. While Chahal dominated other batsmen and took 2 wickets sky hit him for a six and 2 4s with his sweep shots.

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/cricket/indian-premier-league/mumbai-indians-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-m701698/match-clips/hotstar-of-the-match-suryakumar/1260046483

Indian T20 squad should be:-

Openers- Rohit, Rahul

Backups- Agarwal, Dhawan, Shaw

No.3- Virat Kohli

No.4- Shreyas Iyer

Backups- Manish Pandey, SKY

No.5- Sanju Samson/Rishabh Pant

No.6- Hardik Pandya

No.7- Jadeja/Sundar/Krunal

No.8- Bhuvi

No.9- Shami/Saini

Backup- Deepak Chahar

No.10- Yuzi Chahal

Backup- V.C, R.B

No.11- Bumrah

Indian selectors generally have this knack of not been able to differentiate ODIs with T20s.

Shreyas Iyer did wonders to Indian ODI team by solving no.4 position but he is probably inferior to SKY in T20s  for that position who can bat at much higher S/R. Precisely, SKY should bat at 4 and Iyer and Pandey as backup in T20 but they prefer to follow the ODI rule.

Jadeja is very good for ODIs but shouldn't be playing in T20s because his bowling is poor. They should try Sundar or Axar but Jaddu generally gets an edge due to his fielding.

Dhawan is excellent in ODIs but his T20 track record is so poor yet he gets chances. He certainly shouldn't be prioritised over Rahul anymore.

Edited by Majestic