Faf du Plessis: "Ruturaj Gaikwad looks like a young Kohli"

TNAmarkFromIndia

Gaikwad is so fearless and comfortable against high pace. He was sweeping 145 k+ balls by Ferguson last day. Has stepped out and hit both Cummins and Jordan bowling 140 k+. Pulls very well too.

Secondly, he is pacing his innings according to the match situation. 

Thirdly, his footwork looks good. He goes to the line of the ball to play. 

All big pluses.

Edited by express bowling

Great, in this ipl we have seen

A young kohli(ruturaaj) 

A young yuvi(paddikal) 

Sanju Talent Samson

Ishan Star Kishan

Sky

I am damn sure india's middle order should improve now, lets see. 

If even one of them achieves as much as suresh raina(let alone kohli and yuvi) i will be more than happy. 

58 minutes ago, Adamant said:

A young kohli(ruturaaj) 

A young yuvi(paddikal) 

Sanju Talent Samson

Ishan Star Kishan

Sky

If even one of them achieves as much as suresh raina(let alone kohli and yuvi) i will be more than happy. 

All of them opened for their respective sides. Samson came at 3 but was practically an opener.

45 minutes ago, Adamant said:

A young kohli(ruturaaj) 

A young yuvi(paddikal) 

Sanju Talent Samson

Ishan Star Kishan

Sky

This reads like Padosi cricket site postings . No  - we should not make such comparisons .

Those are legends and legends come once a decade .

Actually  shotwise i do not see much resemblance  with kohli . Good things about gaikwad  as of now is good defence , has the gift timing and hence does not go off balance when hitting . Most of his shots are punch type shots with very good base with straightish bat .  Good in playing over the in field even after PP  and good vs spin. 

I think he could be very good  future investment for #4 for 50 overs to start with .  We need a good #4 who is more consistent and is not a hit & miss players and can play at 100% strike rate as we have #5  KL , Pandya etc.

Padikkal - Has glimpses of that timing & fluency like Yuvi but no Power like Yuvi . Needs to improve power to clear the ground  straight .  But that should come with time .

The pleasant surprise in both of them  is the ability to play high pace with confidence and also display shot making ability vs such bowling. Generally indian youngsters lack this exceptional ability .

Sanju -  Has the shots to be a very good impact player in short  format  but inconsistent . What he will achieve , only he knows .

Ishan - Has improved this season but think  low in queue for India cap.