Unmukt Chand: What went wrong for India’s next big thing?

Tibarn

He is writing about what went wrong with him when he should be working hard to correct it. He has given up at 26. 

Why does a younster feel comfortable doing commentary with retired cricketers instead of practicing and playing?

He does stuff that makes the cricketing fraternity not take him seriously .

They ask...why is he writing memoirs at 19-20 instead of playing and practicing?Why is he sitting with us doing comentary instead of playing ...any game ?

He gives people the wrong impression. Sometime,that too matters .

He got too much adulation for the cup which was more like a team winning because the team was good. Iyer the captain is not responsible for DC making knockout. ...nor was Chand .

He seems content with life which is a very good thing for people in general but not a sportsperson.

A lot of youngsters coming from poor backgrounds don't have the option of giving up . They need to just pick themselves up and go at it the next day ...because they have no financial security.That keep the fire in them burning ...if not passion. 

You just don't give up at such an age.

Look at Dhawan, Aggarwal ( another guy from a well off family ) or even Natrajan . 

Edited by beetle

@Cricketics I think my post was a bit unfair . Will change it .:icflove:

I think he is young and should give it his best at whatever chance he gets.

Look at Dhawan, Aggarwal ( another guy from a well off family ) or even Natrajan . If they can do it, he can too.

I hope he gets to play some good games for Uttarakhand and can make his way back into the big league. All the best to him .

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

@Cricketics I think my post was a bit unfair . Will change it .:icflove:

I think he is young and should give it his best at whatever chance he gets.

Look at Dhawan, Aggarwal ( another guy from a well off family ) or even Natrajan . If they can do it, he can too.

I hope he gets to play some good games for Uttarakhand and can make his way back into the big league. All the best to him .

Koi unfair nahi yaar, I was just generally posting, I saw your post just now, I think may be because it was at the end of the page, this 20 post per page  :eyedance:. Don’t think your post is in anyway wrong. Anyway,  I hope he gets to play for Uttarakhand too. He has a long way to go, but him doing well make a lot of people happy here I know.

On 11/6/2020 at 4:49 PM, Cricketics said:

I think that latter part about jealousy was if I remember about KL Rahul recently. Don't think it was ever mentioned on ICF about Unmukt Chand at least since he started failing early in domestics and never reached the level of international cricket like Rahul did. 

People are right to what they want to say, I think it comes in frustration at times, don't think they mean it. Thats how I have started taking it. They don't really mean when they say it. Most things are said out of frustration. 

They did for KL rahul, Rahane when he was not no selected for first two tests in SA. They also said about Chand also. Kohli came into Indian the right way. He became a core member of odi team before he cemented his place in test team.He also was kicked out after his failures in WI in 2011. 

He never had a great technique to begin with. Very similar to Shaw with high backlift with little feet movement but minus the ability to play top pace like Shaw. So many times saw his offstump cartwheeling against any sort of movement. Got found out at a higher level of cricket, simple as that.