• Eng steamrolls MI
    • MI steamrolls Eng
  2. 2. Which side will win in SENA?

• Eng narrowly wins
    • MI narrowly wins
    • Eng steamrolls MI
    • MI steamrolls Eng

Just now, Nikola said:

On paper England should have dominated every team in worldcup 2019 but it wasn't same story. They were almost out of worldcup but special thanks to thala's knock which almost saved them and even in final they required luck to tie the match. No need to over hype England players they just won it marginally at home and haven't won any t20 worldcup (with this team) to be compared with MI.

This is a hypothetical 5 match bilateral series. 

Boult & Bumrah is a deadly combo Boult especially with new ball.  I have a feeling on flat English tracks MI can actually beat England.  Remember India beat them in T20I series there...  No Archer or Wood though. 

SKY & Kishan are in great form & proper T20 players to have in middle order.  It'll be a great contest to watch but I think Mumbai will somehow come on Top. 

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Australia as I wrote in an earlier post. Just want to see different conditions....Aus will be like polar opposite of Ind conditions.

Steep bounce, quick deck, not much assistance for finger spin, large ground dimensions (more 1s/2s since not that easy to clear boundary, more emphasis on running between wickets, fitness, fielding).... will be fun to see how MI adapts outside comfort zone. 

Those boundaries are aa large aa they had in Dubai, Abu Dhabi.

England would win 3-2 in SC and 4-1 in SENA.

Just because they are good in ipl and indian pitches that doesn't mean they'll replicate the same in international cricket. This is a different ball game. 

England has a GOAT worthy batting depth, and their brand of attacking cricket will not let MI settle down , they will counter attack each time a wicket goes down.  They can score 200+ batting first, as well as chase 200 as well. Unlike the English teams of the past, this team can play spin very well . 

Bumrah doesn't perform internationally as much as he does in the IPL, he has been taken to cleaners quite often. 

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Australia as I wrote in an earlier post. Just want to see different conditions....Aus will be like polar opposite of Ind conditions.

Steep bounce, quick deck, not much assistance for finger spin, large ground dimensions (more 1s/2s since not that easy to clear boundary, more emphasis on running between wickets, fitness, fielding).... will be fun to see how MI adapts outside comfort zone. 

Why is the UAE a comfort zone for :mi: ? That is something you say in hindsight. Would you have said the same at the beginning of the season?

I don't pitch has any big impact in a T20. 

Also, :mi: has players from the 'SENA' nations, so they'd be well acquainted with those pitches/grounds.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Why is the UAE a comfort zone for :mi: ? That is something you say in hindsight. Would you have said the same at the beginning of the season?

UAE is comfort zone for any Indian team compared to England, not just MI. 7/11 players->Indians in IPL franchises, many of them ustaads on our pitches, won't find it easy in SENA. Someone like Krunal will definitely not bat at #6 outside SC even for a Bangladesh like team....his bowling too won't work well there. 

Edited by Gollum

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Boult & Bumrah is a deadly combo Boult especially with new ball.  I have a feeling on flat English tracks MI can actually beat England.  Remember India beat them in T20I series there...  No Archer or Wood though. 

Even Stokes wasn't there IIRC. Eng has improved since then, no place for Root now, more dynamism in batting department. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Even Stokes wasn't there IIRC. Eng has improved since then, no place for Root now, more dynamism in batting department. 

Stokes played 3rd game I think.  Malan is definite upgrade over Root.  But MI is also dynamic.  Adil Rashid won't get away so easily in middle overs & Kishan & SKY will smash him.  It'll be a close contest...  & Ultimately Archer + Jordan + Willey vs Boult Bumrah NCN/Pattinson will decide the outcome.  Rahul Chahar & Jayant Yadav are good spinning options as well. 

I think there is too much hype about the English team.  It is just like the English football teams of yore, big names, but no real performances to back it up.  

If the recent T20 games versus Australia/Pakistan are to go by, I wouldn't be surprised if MI defeat them.

We say MI perform in Dubai/SC conditions, but watch and see how the famed England batting line up performs when there is even a hint of swing/spin/unfriendly batting conditions.  If match is in England, then definitely they win, but any other location I'd give a 50/50 chance to both teams, with MI winning in SC/UAE.

Will be close. South Africa managed to push England to the brink and Mumbai are better than the Saffers. Bumrah and Boult as new ball bowlers wont let Roy and co get away easily. Mumbai do miss a quality spinner, thats their only chink. Cant see Chahar/Yadav surviving an onslaught from Morgan, Bairstow etc.

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

UAE is comfort zone for any Indian team compared to England, not just MI. 7/11 players->Indians in IPL franchises, many of them ustaads on our pitches, won't find it easy in SENA. Someone like Krunal will definitely not bat at #6 outside SC even for a Bangladesh like team....his bowling too won't work well there. 

Just did a google check:

In the last decade England has played more games in the UAE than India.

3 full tours of Pakistan.

India has only played an Asia Cup in the UAE.

So UAE is a comfort zone for both sets of players. And :mi: will beat anyone easily at their current form on this venue.

If I'm having the full pace attack of Boult-Bumrah-and lets say Malinga I'm picking MI over england. I'll trust this combo to run over any side put in front of me. Hope next year they get a damn good pacer one preferably like Starc then this team is unbeatable.

If I have to play in smaller grounds I'll pick england.

If I'm playing in bigger grounds like in Australia, I'm picking MI. It'll be next to impossible to score off against MI faster bowlers continously.