T Natarajan could make his debut at the SCG - TOI

Stan AF

Just now, maniac said:

Shardul :woot: expect 2 wickets of the tail in the first innings , 1-2 smooth skiers held safely and 40(28) type knock in the first innings.

If he lasts through the test will let you know how the 2nd innings goes. Our very own bowling allrounder Cameron green 

If Iyer is there I expect him to feature in one of two remaining tests

Shardul, Iyer are once in a generation tailunts

Did not know natrajan has played only 1 first class game.

If true then surely cannot be considered. He did well in the Loi but still. Would be unfair to him as well as if he does not do well he and rahane shastri will face the heat from the media. Odd he was even added to the test side. 

Should be one of saini or thakur. I think the practise sessions and pitch will decide. Personally i think we should go with Saini as it is the more aggressive option. 

16 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

If true then surely cannot be considered. He did well in the Loi but still. Would be unfair to him as well as if he does not do well he and rahane shastri will face the heat from the media. Odd he was even added to the test side. 

Should be one of saini or thakur. I think the practise sessions and pitch will decide. Personally i think we should go with Saini as it is the more aggressive option. 

Played 20 FC games, bowled more than 550 overs, taken 64 wickets at average of 27, econ of 3.02, SR of 53.5.  Not great stats, but not horrible either.

First-class 20 33 3428 1730 64 5/41 8/84 27.03 3.02 53.5 3 3 0

OK what has to happen for Saini to play? Read somewhere that Thakur maybe preferred over Natarajan for the third test. This is ridiculous. Granted Saini has had a bad ODI series and a very bad second innings outing in the practice match but someone like Siraj had not covered himself in glory in his limited opportunities in LOI cricket either. Saini has pace and is potentially challenging to face in fast bowling friendly conditions. Knuckle balls and yorker barrages are not test match bowling strategies.

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

He has played 20 FC games and has better average and Strike Rate than Saini and Thakur.

Saini should be first inline to be played though.

11 hours ago, maniac said:

Shardul :woot: expect 2 wickets of the tail in the first innings , 1-2 smooth skiers held safely and 40(28) type knock in the first innings.

If he lasts through the test will let you know how the 2nd innings goes. Our very own bowling allrounder Cameron green 

Cameron Thakur!

8 hours ago, neel roy said:

Shardul is a workman bowler and a 2/78 kind of a bowler in tests. I have seen ranji matches and he is pretty accurate and dont go by his loi stats and performance.. he is the modern pankaj singh. A toiler. 

If you are looking for this kind of role.....then nattu can do better job....he has decent first class record and whatever little i have seen of him...he can swing the ball with 130+ pace with very good accurate line & length,,,ofcourse being left hander ..adds variety...

But lets go with saini..

If saini was given a chance...he should be given atleast 2 matches to show his worth

Just now, gakgupta said:

If you are looking for this kind of role.....then nattu can do better job....he has decent first class record and whatever little i have seen of him...he can swing the ball with 130+ pace with very good accurate line & length,,,ofcourse being left hander ..adds variety...

But lets go with saini..

If saini was given a chance...he should be given atleast 2 matches to show his worth

With the kind of form he is in and pitch being flat...he can be taken for lots of runs in the first match...

And he doesnt look to me like fast learner like bumrah (who has adjusted the length so quickly)....so he should be given both the matches to show his worth