One overlooked impact of Tendulkar on Indian cricket

maniac

Vinoo Mankad used to sleep outside the stadiums to play cricket, inspiring cricketers ...  the 4 great spinners created a culture for spinners  .... Gavaskar, Kapil, along with others in the team of 80s, have touched millions .... Dhoni continues to make an impact on youngsters and cricketers ... and here we again see a blind spot for the contributions of others and incorrectly attempting to attribute such commonalities to one player  :no:

Edited by zen
Just now, zen said:

Vinoo Mankad used to sleep outside the stadiums to play cricket, inspiring cricketers ...  the 4 great spinners created a culture of spin .... Gavaskar, Kapil, along with others in the team of 80s have touched millions, Dhoni continues to make an impact .... and here we again see that a few guys are only focused on one player :no:

The attitude of Indian parents singlehandedly changed. Those guys are cricketer’s cricketers. Sachin was an influencer. Huge difference. Cricketers May have been inspired by those names but they didn’t change the collective attitude of middle class parents in big cities.

As I said Dhoni might be in the same mould but it will take some time to see his impact but that also coincides with IPl and other professional talent scouting that has evolved. Yes, a young kid playing cricket in remote Jarkhand or Tamil Nadu may have been influenced by Dhoni so credit there.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

The attitude of Indian parents singlehandedly changed. Those guys are cricketer’s cricketers. Sachin was an influencer. Huge difference. Cricketers May have been inspired by those names but they didn’t change the collective attitude of middle class parents in big cities.

As I said Dhoni might be in the same mould but it will take some time to see his impact but that also coincides with IPl and other professional talent scouting that has evolved. Yes, a young kid playing cricket in remote Jarkhand or Tamil Nadu may have been influenced by Dhoni so credit there.

which measuring tape did you use? Did it have a Sachin logo on it too? :lol: 

Edited by zen
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

I grew up in that era and watched and loved cricket, saw Indian cricket and society change  :dontknow:  

Most importantly have an open mind and not blinded by some kind of an irritation for few icons

So you used your measuring tape with Sachin’s logo it .... Thank you!

Let have some fun -> ages ago when Romans were struggling with counting numbers and needed C, one of them looked into the future to see Sachin’s drive for an irrelevant 100 100s and introduced the C :woot: 

Edited by zen

@zen PT Usha and Malleswari were great sportspersons too at a time when they were no facilities and women going into sports was not encouraged.

Would you agree that Sania Mirza had some presence but it took Saina and Sindhu’s success to see all those badminton academies and girls encouraged to take up that sport?

It Doesnt make any one a bigger or lesser sportsperson, however the impact is there for all to see.

Just now, maniac said:

@zen PT Usha and Malleswari were great sportspersons too at a time when they were no facilities and women going into sports was not encouraged.

Would you agree that Sania Mirza had some presence but it took Saina and Sindhu’s success to see all those badminton academies and girls encouraged to take up that sport?

It Doesnt make any one a bigger or lesser sportsperson, however the impact is there for all to see.

they were inspired by Sachin too ... just the name was enough :nod:

I think sachin was just the star needed in the 90s when cable cricket was hitting our screens.

Through the 90s, tv penetration went from 5% to 33%.  Its at 66% in 2018. But our urban centres went through phenomenon then.

Sachin was closer to major urban centres

Msd tier 2 cities

Kohli i think will make it to semi rural to rural areas

Wow giving back to the society. I brought the lowest model BMW few years back on a payment plan  and thought I made it. I can only imagine how much these higher end models cost.

Sachin is appreciating the efforts and gifting these non cricket athletes BMW’s :hail:

This is what I mean by being a positive influencer on the entire society 

Edited by maniac
17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Innovative way to praise Sachin and somehow keep him relevant on slow news day, good going OP :thumb:

And on cue @Laaloo bring in your trollvotes

u mad bro troll GIF

spoke to a friend this morning, who is planning on sending his 8 year old kid to a cricket camp, once things improve. Not math tuitions or coding or science but cricket.

He like me grew up in the SRT era and influenced by his heroics as well.

Thats what inspired me for this thread.

in fact he named his older kid Sachin and the younger one Virat :hatsoff: real fan.

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

The game is bigger than any individuals. It creates and inspires others. It creates Mankads, Chandras, Gavaskars, Kapils, Sachins, Dravids, Dhonis, and so on .... and similarly in other sports .... 

Sachin only 1.65 m tall, so inspired all short height men in the country.

Teak Hoagie: MAIN, MERI PATNI, AUR WOH: Unfaithfully Yours

Sachin married an Anglo-Indian and made her do this, so he is father of Ghar Wapsi movement. Yogi who?

PIX: Tendulkar celebrates Ganesh Chaturthi with family - Rediff Cricket

Sachin with his Ferrari stunt inspired many scamsters and hence we could make movies and web shows on those scamsters, huge boost to entertainment industry and Indian economy. 

Sachin Sells His Ferrari To A Surat Businessman | Cricket News – India TV

Sachin was the pioneer of International Yoga Day. He went a step ahead and started Sashtanga Pranam on cricket pitch, many times. Modi who?

Sachin Tendulkar is bowled as India slump to 74 for 4 | Photo | Global |  ESPNcricinfo.com

Sachin changed the world of fashion and hairstyle with this

Photo : Sachin Tendulkar New Look Hair Style | Men casual, Mens tops, Casual

Sachin scored slow 100th 100 which also cost us the match and eliminated us from final. Made 2 countries happy with that one knock. Greatest cross-border icon after Tagore, Kazi Nazrul Islam. 

Sachin Tendulkar meets Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina - Cricket Country

Responsible for drug cheat Sharapova getting well deserved gaalis albeit for wrong reason

Sharapova: Who Is SACHIN? (JANTA MAAF NAI KAREGI!!). – BMS: Bachelor of  Management Studies Portal

This gem, "Wear helmet on the back also"

Had worst attendance in Parliament, ummm sorry wrong thread :vroam:

Anyway Mahatma Sachin Zindabad :isalute:

Edited by Gollum