Ashwin's Nose-cutting tweet

9 minutes ago, zen said:

Our players/commentators do that too .... likes of Sehwag has written off BD many times

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Yeah coming from that angle, its fair that he responded in such a manner. Such arrogance may have paid off in previous tours but not this one. This unit is a hard cookie that refuses to crumble under the opposition or their media.

That was equally deplorable. I don't know how Sehwag is still in some commentary teams. He even mentioned Phelukwayo as Phulka wayo or something. This is clearly unprofessional

And yes, as Real McCoy mentions Sehwag was also at fault to rubbish an opponent team. Can backfire anyone anytime.

42 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Much as I like the comebacks and replies on field, I don’t condone these after thoughts using hindsight. So, some people didn’t give this team a chance, it is one thing for fans to tweet such things, for players to do, but it is ugly for players to do it. Ashwin will play with these people in IPL, no need to be sour with the win. 

I like when fans post this kind of post, so we can share over and over and laugh. But ya coming from a player it looks weird. 

56 minutes ago, zen said:

These guys are analyzing the game and entitled to their opinion. I do not see the point of such tweets 

I think it’s about respect. You need to respect your opponent. Even if he is down. This one of the main mental aspects that caused Australia to loose the series.  They thought they will bowl some short balls and India will rollover. Obviously you haven’t read how Australian newspapers and commentators say their opinions. They could be a bit more humble and respect opposition.

Edited by gattaca
1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

Nothing wrong with those predictions, those were the result of Performances under Mahan Dhoni and his regressive mindset that experts rightly called out Indian team and so these bold whitewash predictions. It's all result of past performances, Tour to Australia next time & you wont be seeing these predictions. And Punter has been balanced among many Aussie commies, Vaughan is troll anyway, Haddin is another wannabe, still they are ex-cricketers, Current players don't need to be cheeky about this on SM.

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Much as I like the comebacks and replies on field, I don’t condone these after thoughts using hindsight. So, some people didn’t give this team a chance, it is one thing for fans to tweet such things, for players to do, but it is ugly for players to do it. Ashwin will play with these people in IPL, no need to be sour with the win. 

How is this ugly? He has just retweeted what others have said and thanks everyone.. If they feel guilty about it, it's on them..

This is similar to saying "No one gave us a chance, but we still made it" or "We were underdogs in the tournament"

The other tweet to Tim Paine was probably going overboard

Edited by bowl_out
3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Banter. Happens all the time. Definitely not offensive.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I remember Dhoni telling Ravi shastri in the presentation ceremony after World T20 2007 win about his remark about India's chances and took a dig at it.

Semi Final vs Australia. I think Shastri wrote an article on cricinfo giving india no chance to beat the Aussies. 

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Same rules would apply to Ricky too. As a coach he shouldn’t openly bet against his Delhi Capitals wards. But obviously he is okay with putting his opinions out there. He can take a bit of push back too. It’s all in good fun. They will still break bread together at the ipl.

1 hour ago, kirkutfan said:

Same rules would apply to Ricky too. As a coach he shouldn’t openly bet against his Delhi Capitals wards. But obviously he is okay with putting his opinions out there. He can take a bit of push back too. It’s all in good fun. They will still break bread together at the ipl.

True, if they put an opinion as an expert or official capacity.  Enjoy the win without sourness. You think they will not eat the humble pie in the end?  

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

True, if they put an opinion as an expert or official capacity.  Enjoy the win without sourness. You think they will not eat the humble pie in the end?  

I agree with you. There shouldn’t be sourness. But if you remember, Ricky took on Ashwin with respect to the “mankading” issue too.  Ashwin didn’t shrink from his view on the issue. Yet from the outside at least, it appears that they got along fine during the ipl. So it looks like these guys engage in banter and are good with it.

LOL what a troll!May comeback to bite Ash in case of failures later but it's all harmless fun.

What should however definitely be called out is the nastiness of Aussie comm box, they were egging their bowlers to hit our batsmen and bowl on the body as much as they could. That was pathetic all through the series. Umpires warned Shardul for bowling bouncers but Aussie bowlers had a field day bowling as many bouncers! Felt like. synced up 

All these "analysis" by ex-Aussie players during an ongoing series, is often with an objective of putting pressure on the opposition. 

As Gavaskar says, in Australia you are not just playing their team, but their entire country try to put pressure on you.

It is good that Ashwin is giving it back.

It is difficult for fans to  fully understand what visiting teams go through on Australian tours.