Gill and Pant's attractive batting is making me look forward to watching our batting again

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One of the most enjoyable things in cricket is watching a high quality batsman dominate top class fast bowlers and spinners with dazzling stroke play.  It becomes even more enjoyable when the conditions are favouring bowlers more. 

Right from Viv Richards to Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting to the next generation of Virat Kohli and Steve Smith ... these high quality batters have entertained us over the years.

I am tired of watching T20 hacks, with little ability to tackle high quality bowling, hit bowlers on the flattest of flat pitches ... in conditions that are totally favourable to slogging. 

The way Gill and Pant have dominated the high quality Australian bowlers with dazzling stroke play all around ... the pulls and cuts and drives against quick bouncy bowlers on helpful tracks ... was amazing to watch from the 2nd test to the 4th.

Ultimately, people will watch a game which is enjoyable to watch. 

Indian batting had become boring to watch in the last few years. Yes, we dominated in known home conditions or batting tracks ... but come away tours against big teams, we were always hanging on for dear life. There was no dominance.

I am tired of the journeymen batsmen ... the "also rans".

Gill and Pant will make me watch Indian batting again. I can't wait to watch them take on Archer and Broad / Anderson on a sporting pitch, and hopefully destroy them.

Hoping to see a great 12 to 15 years of enjoyable batting from this destructive duo.

How is Gill against the moving ball - like the ones Clouderson will serve up?  

After Sehwag's retirement, this is the first time I am excited about watching a batsman bat in a test. Gill is a treat to watch with his ability to pick off runs with ease. Pant gave a tad too many WTH are you doing moments yesterday but whenever he is at the crease, the excitement and anticipation is at a high level. His 89 yesterday was unbelievably clutch. I hope this is the first of many more such innings from him. 

I have never found Kohli's batting pleasing to the eye as his stroke play is not of my taste..  He's a drive & flick player.  To his credit he has mastered it & it is his primary scoring shots.  I'll not put him in league of Lara Sachin Punter those were freaks & had many strokes.  Kane Williamson is more pleasing to the eye & his drives & square cuts are a thing of beauty.  Babar also has a aesthetic cover drive. 

Gill is one such player who is all round & I love watching him go along.  Exceptional talent who has dazzling stroke play.  I am also looking forward to watching him in coming series. 

Pant is an X factor player & a left hander so that makes up for great viewing as well.  I think he'll be a big hit on South African grounds with good bounce & fast out fields. 

11 minutes ago, nevada said:

After Sehwag's retirement, this is the first time I am excited about watching a batsman bat in a test. Gill is a treat to watch with his ability to pick off runs with ease. Pant gave a tad too many WTH are you doing moments yesterday but whenever he is at the crease, the excitement and anticipation is at a high level. His 89 yesterday was unbelievably clutch. I hope this is the first of many more such innings from him. 

Pant will have several brain fade moments in future too .We will have to accept it as he will attack whatever be the situation and also more often he may be doing the enforcer role at least for another couple of years.

11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I have never found Kohli's batting pleasing to the eye as his stroke play is not of my taste..  He's a drive & flick player.  To his credit he has mastered it & it is his primary scoring shots.  I'll not put him in league of Lara Sachin Punter those were freaks & had many strokes.  Kane Williamson is more pleasing to the eye & his drives & square cuts are a thing of beauty.  Babar also has a aesthetic cover drive. 

Gill is one such player who is all round & I love watching him go along.  Exceptional talent who has dazzling stroke play.  I am also looking forward to watching him in coming series. 

Pant is an X factor player & a left hander so that makes up for great viewing as well.  I think he'll be a big hit on South African grounds with good bounce & fast out fields. 

Kohli has very good pull shot as well and he can short arm jab a back of a length ball into midwicket which looks great and he has very good straight drive only thing he doesn't posses is the horizontal bat shots through offside and sweep.

55 minutes ago, Soumo said:

Kohli has very good pull shot as well and he can short arm jab a back of a length ball into midwicket which looks great and he has very good straight drive only thing he doesn't posses is the horizontal bat shots through offside and sweep.

Yep he does..  He has a good pull shot but not great I'd say.  The short arm jab is a limited over stroke & employed there mostly..  I am more a textbook cut drive flick pull,  back foot punch lover. 

You are right he doesn't have horizontal bat strokes.  He has been fantastic with the limited strokes he has & still have a stellar record.  I must say Kohli's straight bat on drive is best in the business currently. 

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yep he does..  He has a good pull shot but not great I'd say.  The short arm jab is a limited over stroke & employed there mostly..  I am more a textbook cut drive flick pull,  back foot punch lover. 

You are right he doesn't have horizontal bat strokes.  He has been fantastic with the limited strokes he has & still have a stellar record.  I must say Kohli's straight bat on drive is best in the business currently. 

I wouldn't say his shot range is limited that would be a stretch ,his shot range is best among the fab 5 bats of this genaration (smith, Williamson,root and others) he has a very wristy kind of cover drive which is a shot of his own. He did worked on his cut in that 2015 australia series and executed them perfectly and also he kept swepping lion on 5th day of adilade test a Turner of sorts ,don't really know why he cut down in those shots. I hope we don't make judgement on his batting because of his captaincy ,he was is and will be a atg for sure nothing can halt his legacy as a batsman.