Ashwin Interview of R sridhar

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

What did he say about Shastri? I cannot follow Tamil.

I'll give it a try

1) In Adelaide at 111/7 when someone dropped tim paine's catch,  sridhar turned around to look for head coach shasthri's reaction and he couldn't find him in his seat because he had already fallen flat on the floor saying arey yaar. My translation is rough but it's way funnier in tamil. This happened in coaches box.

Also, coaches put up a brave face and hide their emotions as players will tend to come and checkout the coach's vibes to see whether they're panicking or calm and collected. Lol. Again way funnier in tamil.

1 a) In between melbourne and adelaide amidst the coaches discussion ravi tells "wear this 36 as a badge. This will what will make this team a great team".

2) Melbourne, When Ashwin was changing his clothes ravi shasthri comes looking for him (the way ashwin mimicks ravi is too good) and says get the ball within the first 10 overs as he feels the pitch is damp.

Also ravi questioned when was the last time any team fielding first won the test match in melbourne. Ravi and sridhar both quip as an out of syllabus question. Lol. Sridhar replies that it is a good toss to lose as they felt the wicket could be damp. Then ravi told ashwin to get the ball within the 1st 10 overs.

Seeing ashwin's first ball zip and turn, sridhar's reaction was ayyayo how will rishabh pant keep with this amount of turn and bounce!! :laugh:

There are more good quips in Tamil though.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

What did he say about Shastri? I cannot follow Tamil.

1) Australia did not allow wife's and family member of player due to strict quarantine in Australia but ravi shatri threatened BCCi that team will not go to australia if they don't allow wife's and children of players

2) Ravi shatri told rahane to use ashwin within 10 over since pitch was damp

3)ravi shatri reacted with shabash 249 times everytime ashwin played well.Ravi shastri unlike most coach shows his emotion openly

30 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

I'll give it a try

1) In Adelaide at 111/7 when someone dropped tim paine's catch,  sridhar turned around to look for head coach shasthri's reaction and he couldn't find him in his seat because he had already fallen flat on the floor saying arey yaar. My translation is rough but it's way funnier in tamil. This happened in coaches box.

Also, coaches put up a brave face and hide their emotions as players will tend to come and checkout the coach's vibes to see whether they're panicking or calm and collected. Lol. Again way funnier in tamil.

1 a) In between melbourne and adelaide amidst the coaches discussion ravi tells "wear this 36 as a badge. This will what will make this team a great team".

2) Melbourne, When Ashwin was changing his clothes ravi shasthri comes looking for him (the way ashwin mimicks ravi is too good) and says get the ball within the first 10 overs as he feels the pitch is damp.

Also ravi questioned when was the last time any team fielding first won the test match in melbourne. Ravi and sridhar both quip as an out of syllabus question. Lol. Sridhar replies that it is a good toss to lose as they felt the wicket could be damp. Then ravi told ashwin to get the ball within the 1st 10 overs.

Seeing ashwin's first ball zip and turn, sridhar's reaction was ayyayo how will rishabh pant keep with this amount of turn and bounce!! :laugh:

There are more good quips in Tamil though.

this wouldn't be anywhere near as good in english or hindi. with the chennai lingo in particular.

Edited by rollingstoned