Pink ball test team india

mani sha

Ishant and bumrah are a guranteed selection 

ashwin and axar are guranteed 

Issue is 5th bowler versus 6th batsman 

feel india is better served with sundar back in team or pandya / thakur - whoever can bowl 10 good overs in a 90 over day and then be able to bat out anderson . In this respect , pandya is definitely my choice if he can bowl . If he can’t then thakur is my choice . Having said that , if the pitch is a rank turner , then chinaman could be an option but honestly , I feel that a bowling all rounder is what we need and chinaman should be exchanged for sundar / pandya / thakur 

18 minutes ago, mani sha said:

ashwin and axar are guranteed 

No, they're not guaranteed but it's likely we'll play both & perhaps HP/Sundar in combination with them. I'm jittery about our lower order batting with Anders swinging it around hoops in that game under the lights. It'd be great if we break their back with pace next game, but if it swings too much then Anderson will be lethal :bebored:

Tbh I like to see Siraj with the pink ball.  He moves the ball better than both Bumrah & Ishant & can be handful with the new ball. 

It's tricky but rest Bumrah for this game I think.  We may need him for white ball formats against best team. 

But I guess they'll play Bumrah & rest him for 4th game & Shami will be fit by then. 

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Lolli

Rahane

Pant

Ashwin

Kuly/Sundar (extremely tricky one..  Sundar offers batting depth but Kuly can be handful with the pink ball especially if the pitch is flat or bouncy) 

Axar

Ishant

Boom/Siraj

15 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Tbh I like to see Siraj with the pink ball.  He moves the ball better than both Bumrah & Ishant & can be handful with the new ball. 

It's tricky but rest Bumrah for this game I think.  We may need him for white ball formats against best team. 

But I guess they'll play Bumrah & rest him for 4th game & Shami will be fit by then. 

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Lolli

Rahane

Pant

Ashwin

Kuly/Sundar (extremely tricky one..  Sundar offers batting depth but Kuly can be handful with the pink ball especially if the pitch is flat or bouncy) 

Axar

Ishant

Boom/Siraj

Shami likely will not play this series . Bumrah is a must with pink ball due to his pace and ability to seam and swing . 
sharma2 imo is better than siraj - the bounce he gets alone will get him wickets . But Siraj is an apt replacement . 

We do need to make our batting stronger if anderson is back - hence pandya or sundar are ideal 

I think Ash needs a rest. He bowled plenty of overs in the first test and again in the 2nd test, in addition to batting for a fair amount of time. . Must go back to 2 fast bowlers + 2 spinners formula. Hopefully, Jadeja is a 100 percent fit. I firmly believe we need the extra batter in the lineup considering how fragile it looks at times. Our fifth bowler- Washington/kuldeep have barely done anything anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I think Ash needs a rest. He bowled plenty of overs in the first test and again in the 2nd test, in addition to batting for a fair amount of time. . Must go back to 2 fast bowlers + 2 spinners formula. Hopefully, Jadeja is a 100 percent fit. I firmly believe we need the extra batter in the lineup considering how fragile it looks at times. Our fifth bowler- Washington/kuldeep have barely done anything anyway. 

Jadeja as far as i know has been ruled out of the series. He is in doubt for LOI as well. Shami maybe back.

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah rest your best fast bowler for an all important pink ball Test that can very well seal our fate for the WTC final to keep him fresh for useless Jamodis.....

Hain...  If they prepare a Turner which they likely will..  What's the point of playing him? 

They are not going to prepare a fast bowler's paradise & Ishant Siraj & others can also do the job on a spinning track. 

Bumrah should play T20s at least as it is a T20 WC year. 

I see Bumrah playing only 1 among last two tests.  We got a hectic schedule as well

1 hour ago, mani sha said:

Shami likely will not play this series . Bumrah is a must with pink ball due to his pace and ability to seam and swing . 
sharma2 imo is better than siraj - the bounce he gets alone will get him wickets . But Siraj is an apt replacement . 

We do need to make our batting stronger if anderson is back - hence pandya or sundar are ideal 

I think Ishant is the best when it comes to use of Pink ball.  Still the only Indian to have a 5fer with Pink ball.  Bumrah is great as well & will likely play ahead of Siraj too..  Probably his final game in the series.

42 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hain...  If they prepare a Turner which they likely will..  What's the point of playing him? 

They are not going to prepare a fast bowler's paradise & Ishant Siraj & others can also do the job on a spinning track. 

Bumrah should play T20s at least as it is a T20 WC year. 

I see Bumrah playing only 1 among last two tests.  We got a hectic schedule as well

Srinath won mom at motera years ago . Two quality fast bowlers are a must . 

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Why does icf brain trust keep adding Jadeja to their hypothetical lineups?  Do you idjits not get newspapers or internet access?

Those posts are almost as bad as the regard above saying we should rest Bumrah for a second test match in a row so he’s ready for some meaningless LOIs.

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think Ishant is the best when it comes to use of Pink ball.  Still the only Indian to have a 5fer with Pink ball.  Bumrah is great as well & will likely play ahead of Siraj too..  Probably his final game in the series.

When ever their is movement avl ppl talk about but ishant is one guy who goes under radar. He is very dangerous with movement on offer