What do you miss the most in cricket these days ?

7 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

I dearly miss an encounter with greenbros in a high-profile tournament ( like T20 WC or WC or Champions Trophy )

...all the hype in their quam about turning the tables on India "this time" and then inevitably going into mourning and mayoosi , after the inevitable whipping.

But they did whoop the asses of team bcci in 2017 champions trophy.

20 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Multi-team tournaments. Triangular, quadrangular, pentangular series etc. outside of ICC and Asia Cup events.

India playing associate teams like Kenya more often.

This.

We have not played a single tri series against decent teams since 2015. Just 3 in total in the last decade as far as I remember. 2012 CB series, 2015 pre wc tri with Australia and England and then the Nidahas trophy.....

We used to play a multi national tournament every two months in the 90s. :whack:

I'm sure this team would become more clutch if they play in more finals and tri-uqad series' are the only way to go.

The rarity of low scoring odis are also a reality. I do not like the current flat beds that are being offered in odis. In this respect, quite a few matches in the 2019 world cup was a welcome relief. 

Also, I miss the classic triangular tournaments. And I liked the champions trophy tournament,  which was short and sweet. Not much reason why it cant be played over 4 years, in the years where wc s are not happening. All in all, odi matches need relevance. The focus is too much on t20 and tests now. With t20s also, icc dont have much plan. Last wc was in 2016, and now they want back to back world cups. Even counting covid, this is just money grabbing bull****.

54 minutes ago, SrinjayDutta said:

The rarity of low scoring odis are also a reality. I do not like the current flat beds that are being offered in odis. In this respect, quite a few matches in the 2019 world cup was a welcome relief. 

Also, I miss the classic triangular tournaments. And I liked the champions trophy tournament,  which was short and sweet. Not much reason why it cant be played over 4 years, in the years where wc s are not happening. All in all, odi matches need relevance. The focus is too much on t20 and tests now. With t20s also, icc dont have much plan. Last wc was in 2016, and now they want back to back world cups. Even counting covid, this is just money grabbing bull****.

Also hitting sixes were rare in ODIs at that time, nobody did gym so hitting sixes required proper timing rather than hard hitting. Afridi and Jayasuriya were naturally strong without gym were exceptions.

Big spin, preferably with flight and drift. Warnie was an absolute aberration and so was Murali but both of them in the same era and once in a while the likes of MacGill also brought some magic to the game. 

Hope Kuldeep gets the opportunities and can make the most of them. Who can forget Babar's dismissal in the WC game. 

Edited by Clarke