England have won ONLY 1 ODI series in India in their history.

Since fans want Rohit, Dhawan & Kohli (all 3 likely to play) to step up, esp. SR, I won't be surprised if they continue to prod around ... If batting first, let's hope they are able to get off the blocks quickly and maintain the pressure on bowlers 

At this point, the best way for Eng to lose is if they go off the rails like in the 1st ODI (but lighting rarely strikes twice) 

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, zen said:

Since fans want Rohit, Dhawan & Kohli (all 3 likely to play) to step up, esp. SR, I won't be surprised if they continue to prod around ... If batting first, let's hope they are able to get off the blocks quickly and maintain the pressure on bowlers 

At this point, the best way for Eng to lose is if they go off the rails like in the 1st ODI (but lighting rarely strikes twice) 

Remember in KO stages though. You only need one good game unfortunately. I trust our team in tests and t20. Odi I have my doubts with Kohli. 

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

So why did Flintoff take his shirt off back in the day? I thought England won that series

England drew that series.   That was an overreaction from Flintoff.     Not surprising considering that a draw for them in odi series in India seemed to be a moral victory.  Given how horrible their overall odi record has been in India. 

Not many mentioned but English batting was real shyt also. Even after so many drop catches by Indians, these guys played shyt and could not pay an absolutely horrendous Indian bowling in the third ODI.. So much for fearless cricket and huu-haa prasing is all bs.

Their fearless template is only good  and available or to be seen on flatter pitches and league games. When playoffs of a tournament arrives and pitches are a lot more sporting and pressure is high, that fearless cricket gets converted into watchful batting.

Same thing happened in the world cup final. Not a single guy from England top 5 or 6 batted with over 100 sr. 

I like our Indian batting template. It needs some fixing but we if we can find a way to put SKY in the middle order and may be Paddikal and guys like Shaw can change the current opening, it can balance the batting.

Not sure about t20wc, since that is mostly a lottery,  but the inclusion of aforementioned players will be good for our 50 overs campaign for 2023 wc. 

26 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Stokes, Buttler, Roy and Bairstow are damn good but clearly it felt they lacked a direction and leader. Morgan and Root were dearly missing. However, I fully expect England to blank India in a knockout fixture. It will take a lolli niggle injury to overcome them.

At their best, on their home turf, they could not manage to beat NZ in the finals but for the stupid ICC rules.