India: Covid - II

kepler37b

My neighbour in the opposite flat got infected. Their door and our door are bang opposite to each other, some 8 feet apart. Out of caution, we have been taking the stairs since 2-3 weeks even though we live on the fourth floor. One of the WhatsApp forwards mentioned that applying coconut oil to your nose 4 times a day can save you from Corona infection. Seems easy enough to do, so been doing that since 2-3 days. Reading about increasing infection numbers is one thing but having this virus thing next door is such a weird feeling!

Edited by nevada

Rahul Gandhi - In view of the Covid situation, I am suspending all my public rallies in West Bengal. 

I would advise all political leaders to think deeply about the consequences of holding large public rallies under the current circumstances.

Atlast, a start. Hope others follow ASAP

27 minutes ago, ash said:

Rahul Gandhi - In view of the Covid situation, I am suspending all my public rallies in West Bengal. 

I would advise all political leaders to think deeply about the consequences of holding large public rallies under the current circumstances.

Its like north korea saying in view of covid situation, they have decided not to attack US till further notice

1 hour ago, ash said:

He has nothing to lose in WB. It's between TMC and BJP there. Cant say genuine but smart move.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Why do people fight to wear masks? Maybe in their cars, it is not needed. But to talk about aukat mein rahein. Reeks of classism in India

Find a *in bedroom. Don’t make tamasha. My wife was saying that even patients with double covid jab who come to her dont need to be told and are automatically following covid social rules.

Rotten, absolute disgrace elite Indian people they need to be reducated , even if it requires danda. Bc so many are dieing and these people are arguing to have sex in public

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Why do people fight to wear masks? Maybe in their cars, it is not needed. But to talk about aukat mein rahein. Reeks of classism in India

Sometimes I feel people like these need US police treatment. Jo jyada bakc**di kare, thok do. Yes, you don't want to wear mask inside car but you need it the very moment you step out of the car. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Same people would be your law-abiding, timid citizens in overseas countries.

They are just paper tigers, and pure arrogance over their “elite” status in India...

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I am not in favour of the cops here.... as per supreme court order now, it's ok to not wear masks in cars now...imho High court order was not good and overturned rightly by supreme court....my cousin had to give 2000/- challan for not wearing mask in his car, he had come from Australia and wasn't aware of this arbitrary rule. A cop should have no business stopping a private car only for asking passengers to wear masks.

Also, I hate to be from a self praising lot, but delhi people have by far the best traffic sense n India...

Edited by randomGuy

2 hours ago, randomGuy said:

I am not in favour of the cops here.... as per supreme court order now, it's ok to not wear masks in cars now...imho High court order was not good and overturned rightly by supreme court....my cousin had to give 2000/- challan for not wearing mask in his car, he had come from Australia and wasn't aware of this arbitrary rule. A cop should have no business stopping a private car only for asking passengers to wear masks.

Also, I hate to be from a self praising lot, but delhi people have by far the best traffic sense n India...

Spot on. Except the last point. Although I have to agree that benchmark is rather low.

2 hours ago, randomGuy said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......

Thanks for lulz. Helps beat the Monday blues.