Kock making a mockery out of Fakhar Zaman

2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Think about how many times batsmen are runout based on misfields. Could the batsmen challenge they were deceived every time a fielder deliberately misfields and effects a run out? That would be nonsense.

The word deceive would get a strict interpretation in this case. A batsman is not some innocent babe-in-the-woods who gets deceived by every little antic of the fielding side. He's actively hunting for a run, he better judge his run carefully. Very similar to 'buyer beware' rule in life. A buyer has a duty to be diligent himself, cannot blame the seller for a rotten purchase.

Yeah very subjective term

26 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Absolutely.

Consider the implications if QdK and Saffers were penalized for this incident. Now keepers or fielders collecting the ball at non striker's end cannot signal to the fielder which end to throw the ball at simply because the batsman might get deceived?

The outraging snowflakes would wreck the game

I get what you are saying but in this case, Bavuma made their intentions clear after the game. He said that it was a clever move by Quinton to get fakhar out. So if the rule says intentionally deceiving/distracting is illegal, this should be considered illegal

personally though, I think that rule should be scrapped. It requires a lot of presence of mind to pull off something like this, it adds to the enjoyment of the game, so it should be allowed

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

I get what you are saying but in this case, Bavuma made their intentions clear after the game. He said that it was a clever move by Quinton to get fakhar out. So if the rule says intentionally deceiving/distracting is illegal, this should be considered illegal

personally though, I think that rule should be scrapped. It requires a lot of presence of mind to pull off something like this, it adds to the enjoyment of the game, so it should be allowed

Only reason is that it doesn't require cricketing skill, rather dependent on acting skills. 

And there are no risk associated either. 

^^^ Bull fucckkkin shitttee. What sorta rule is this?. Are we playing in middle school?

If the batsman is gullible enough to fall for this stupid trick then it is his fault. His job is to run fast and make the run asap. Who asked the batsman to be looking at the wicket keeper when his job is to make the run.

5 hours ago, New guy said:

On topic, this is the new rule

According to ICC Law 41.5.1 it is unfair for any fielder wilfully to attempt, by word or action, to distract, deceive or obstruct either batsman after the striker has received the ball.

Qdk , deceived and distracted Fakhar with his action , so that's against the rule , I think this is very clear. 

That's a stupid rule. If a batsman is gullible enough to get fooled by a fielder, he better be in the dressing room. If you can't be alert enough about what is happening around you, you don't deserve to be batting.

Also, so many times, we have seen fielders/bowlers/keepers deciding not to throw at the wickets despite taking a position. If I read this stupid rule, each such situation can be interpreted as an attempt to deceive the batsman resulting in 5 penalty runs. That's rubbish.

Qdk , deceived and distracted Fakhar with his action , so that's against the rule , I think this is very clear. 

I'm not saying QDK is innocent or he meant no ill but where exactly do you draw the line on what's deception and what's not?

Wicket Keepers often direct (mostly verbal or hand gestures) the fielders in the deep on which end they should be throwing the ball. How do one differentiate a guy who just wanted the throw to be at the other end but got surprised and laughed out when it got to his....from a guy who tried to trick?

15 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

Pakistanis are up in arms in twitter.. They want ICC to take tough action against DeKock :phehe:

I m happy that this incident has overshadowed fakhars good innings. Nobody will remember his innings everyone will remember de kock lol

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

I'm not saying QDK is innocent or he meant no ill but where exactly do you draw the line on what's deception and what's not?

Wicket Keepers often direct (mostly verbal or hand gestures) the fielders in the deep on which end they should be throwing the ball. How do one differentiate a guy who just wanted the throw to be at the other end but got surprised and laughed out when it got to his....from a guy who tried to trick?

Many a times we have heard close in fielders shouting to the player throwing a ball to take a shot at batsman's end and the keeper saying something totally opposite. If we go by this stupid rule, that can be considered deception as well. 

Many a times we have heard close in fielders shouting to the player throwing a ball to take a shot at batsman's end and the keeper saying something totally opposite. If we go by this stupid rule, that can be considered deception as well. 

Precisely. Lot of ambiguity involved..

So the sole blame should lie on the stupid batsmen who get "tricked"...
Now i just want South Africa B team to thrash these pakistanis. If not for Dussens drop they would have lost the first match. 

No way. Their bowling now would be Bangladesh level with the likes of Dala, Mulder etc... And there's lord phelu too... :phehe:

Even if their batsmen play out of their skins and post 320, poyzz should chase that down easily.

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

Precisely. Lot of ambiguity involved..

So the sole blame should lie on the stupid batsmen who get "tricked"...

Batsmans job is to run and watch the ball if needed. Not look at opponent players hand signals. Its like crying over missing a train because a fellow commuter told you a wrong platform number.