Ravi Jadeja - The Indian all rounder & probable no.7-Performance tracker

SK_IH

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Axar isnt much better either but u gotta understand one has been playing international for 10 yrs so his grooming si diff and How much does even axar get to bat for his franchise..........dhoni promotes jadeja so much 

Asked because its direct competition. I like Axar as bowler too.

I think promotion only happened in recent times. Playing Tests also helps I guess.

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

HOW BAD IS THE BOWLING, I SAID EVEN TAKE HARSHAL PATEL ONE

ONE REASON OF THIS COMING ONCE IN AGES IS BAD BOWLING, WO KOI BHI MAREGA LEKIN WO ROZ NHIN MILEGI. 

THEIR IS A REASON HE HAS SUCKED FOR YRS , TO BE CONSIDERED IT HAS CHANGED HE HAS TO SHOW MORE LIKE RANGE, AS OF NOW HE MOSTLY SMASHES WHEN ITS REALLY BAD BOWLING . WATCH dk INNINGS TODAY, HE SHOWED HIS RANGE AND TURNED GOOD ONES INTO BAD ONES THATS WHAT FINISHERS SHUD BE ABLE TO DO 

Once in ages? You talk as if guys like Hardik, Krunal, Axar, Sundar, Tewatia etc are as consistent as Sobers. 

Jadeja isn't perfect but he still is much more consistent than any other all-rounder we have right now. He's a pure 3D player.

As I said in an other thread- JADEJA IS THE LEAST OF OUR CONCERNS. 

Edited by AuxiliA

14 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

I don't mind a better hitter, bowler, fielder combo to take over from Jadeja.

The issue is under (severe) pressure he's rarely stepped up! In WT20 finals 2014 he had an e/r of 11 - easily the worst, 2015 SF against Oz again Ashwin outbowled him, 2016 WT20 SF took a crucial catch & then stepped on the boundary :facepalm:

Also bowled a few no balls IIRC in the same WI game, in CT 17 finals he ran Pandya out. Similarly in the Eng test series his bowling was below par & batting only twice I'd say he did his job! He needs to improve under pressure - as simple as that, 2019 SF was not the norm for him :no:

23 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Once in ages? You talk as if guys like Hardik, Krunal, Axar, Sundar, Tewatia etc are as consistent as Sobers. 

are u telling me jadeja has even 50% of range what hardik has. Hardik has already played more innings in white ball then we can count of jadeja on hand 

23 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Jadeja isn't perfect but he still is much more consistent than any other all-rounder we have right now. He's a pure 3D player.

currently he is the one only playing

Its competition when 2 is playing

To be fair, it can be difficult to "track" performances of 6-7 as these guys are usually batting in different situations in different matches where at times they come in having to go in at over 10 runs per over, at times when the team is 50/4, and at times, they do not get to bat at all so they are not always match ready. 

Rather than failures, I would look at impact made. Talking about Jadeja in 2021 season, he has played a handful of good knocks. 

If ppl want to track performances, track for #1-3, who get to bat in more or less standard situations and in almost all games. 

51 minutes ago, Lord said:

he should bat at 7 only. Rebuilding not for him.

He has a limited role in T20. He is okay in Tests/ODIs. In T20 You may have to score quickly against quicker bowlers in the end overs.  You have to get going from first ball.  It is not that hard to stifle Jaddu in a t20 match. He is not as good as T20 leggies as well. He can't bowl inside power play. He can't bowl close to death overs.  In T20 leggies rule. India must play a wristie. He is only 50% good in each of his department.  But unfortunately he will walk into playing XI as a  "total package" .  

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has a limited role in T20. He is okay in Tests/ODIs. In T20 You may have to score quickly against quicker bowlers in the end overs.  You have to get going from first ball.  It is not that hard to stifle Jaddu in a t20 match. He is not as good as T20 leggies as well. He can't bowl inside power play. He can't bowl close to death overs.  In T20 leggies rule. India must play a wristie. He is only 50% good in each of his department.  But unfortunately he will walk into playing XI as a  "total package" .  

he does have good avg and SR in last overs in last 2 seasons though.

Even in T20Is his batting numbers have been good 3-4 years (sample size very low still)

We dont have decent leggie AR just like we dont have power hitters. Gotta select from what you have.

15 minutes ago, Lord said:

he does have good avg and SR in last overs in last 2 seasons though.

Even in T20Is his batting numbers have been good 3-4 years (sample size very low still)

We dont have decent leggie AR just like we dont have power hitters. Gotta select from what you have.

One of the reason they are trying out Hooda is to play that role i believe. Different matter if he will click.  Unfortunately none of our leggies are all rounders.  They are all average to below average with bat.  Chahar, Bishnoi, Kuldeep. Chahal.  All the spinning all rounders are finger spinners.  Jaddu, Sundar, Hooda. Clearly off spinners are inferior to leggies if we strictly talk about bowling. Jadeja has to be extremely good in absolutely one department batting or bowling.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

he should bat at 7 only. Rebuilding not for him.

at 7 u hve to hit from ball 1, that also has never been his strength 

Also as bowler he lacks variation and cant bowl in PP unlike, sundar, krunal, axar all can 

This is why i have never liked him in t20s

16 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

One of the reason they are trying out Hooda is to play that role i believe. Different matter if he will click.  Unfortunately none of our leggies are all rounders.  They are all average to below average with bat.  Chahar, Bishnoi, Kuldeep. Chahal.  All the spinning all rounders are finger spinners.  Jaddu, Sundar, Hooda. Clearly off spinners are inferior to leggies if we strictly talk about bowling. Jadeja has to be extremely good in absolutely one department batting or bowling.

Tewatiya is a leg-spinning all-rounder. He is a decent batsman and a so-so bowler but better than the likes of Hooda.

19 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

at 7 u hve to hit from ball 1, that also has never been his strength 

Also as bowler he lacks variation and cant bowl in PP unlike, sundar, krunal, axar all can 

This is why i have never liked him in t20s

He does have quick cameos including first ball boundaries. Anyway if you can make up its okay'

Agree about bowling but the guys you mentioned couldnt hit pace atleast till last season. We do need atleast 1-2 multi-faceted players to balance the side

There's fielding too where he has edge as he saves 10 runs on average.

Anyway its a pointless discussion now as I won't select any of them in Aus. 

Only one spinner is needed and that'd be Chahar/Bishnoi. Thakur/Chahar to bat at 7/8. No need of spin AR there anyway :dontknow: