Will a morbid Pak raise its sword to beat Ind and NZ in the 2021 T20WC?

zen

I understand that many in Pakistan are angry as a) cricket community has avoided touring the nation in general, and b) the desire to see cricket take place normally in Pakistan. 

The Kiwis pulling out of a meaningless bilateral LOI tour is not a big deal especially if you consider that NZ government had to step in at the last minute. Kiwis should be patted for at least being open about coming to Pak in the first place. Kiwis would have liked to get some LOI match practise against spinners before the T20WC in UAE. 

Many in Pakistan are likely to see the Kiwis pulling as some kind of conspiracy, triggered by powerful external forces wanting to break Pakistan or if we take a step further to break the lone nuclear power of the Islamic World (whatever self image that Pak has constructed for itself). 

Why not use your anger (unjustified) to make a mark on T20 world cup? Two of your biggest current enemies (perceived) - India (as you would believe its hand behind Kiwis) and the Kiwis (as you would see it as a team that deliberately humiliated Pak or something to that order) are in your group.

Move on to focus on the T20WC. Pak plays India on Oct 24 and Kiwis on Oct 26. Channelize all your energy to beat these two to make it to the semi-finals :dontknow: ... And you will earn praise from even Indians and Kiwis for playing good cricket! 

If Pak wins the T20WC, it can tell stories to generations of Pakistani on how it beat the evil nexus of CIA, Mossad, RAW, and the under the radar Kiwis intelligence, parading as cricketers, to triumph on the cricket field. 

Pakistani friends, every cloud has a silver lining. :p:

My 2 cents. 

Pak and Afghan players are in a similar situation and as a cricket fan I would normally empathize with the cricketers because they are just sportsmen doing their things but reading some posts on here getting insight into how most average Pakistanis think or their general POV on things, screw them.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pak and Afghan players are in a similar situation and as a cricket fan I would normally empathize with the cricketers because they are just sportsmen doing their things but reading some posts on here getting insight into how most average Pakistanis think or their general POV on things, screw them.

Lighten up! 

I looked at Pak's complete schedule for group games: 

• Oct 24 v Ind 
  • Oct 26 v NZ
  • Oct 29 v AFG
  • Nov 02 v TBA
  • Nov 07 v TBA 

First 3 teams all refused to play in Pakistan or against Pakistan (read somewhere iirc that AFG refused to tour Pak too) ... BD is expected to be in group as well ... Now if Eng refuses, maybe a SF clash with Eng ... And then again take on NZ in the final. 

:fear1:

Indian team is also a total chaos at the moment..  But I have my belief in Thala the destroyer:thrasher:  Will be a interesting game that's for sure.  India is playing two warm ups vs Eng & Australia so we may have some idea about Team combination. 

Kiwis will lose to Poyzz I think.  Finn Allen & Ben Sears should have been in the main team over Guptill & Southee. 

Pakistanis are dilutional awam and in our katta, they can beat NZ or even AUS because of SPIN friendly wickets. It will be their moral victories to beat NZ on spinning wicket.  

IMO, Let the them believe whatever they want, overall world will move on. 

5 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

I can understand the desire to beat NZ, but humne kya kiya hai bhai, Hum toh us raat sheher mein bhi nha the :dontknow:

Does not matter as India usually gets bundled in with whoever Pak thinks as its enemy at any given point in time.