Best Indian young batting prospect- Gill, Shaw, Ruturaj, Paddikal or Jaiswal?

Majestic

Abhi koi point nhin discuss krne ka , neither anyone has matured enough or hit his peak. U never knw how someone develops n how soon as well 

Rohit was said to be the most talented but kohli went ahead, now Rohit has caught up n currently ahead so stories of developing at diff stages

They all are good enough and they have their problems

Shaw is changing his technique a bit too often for my liking.

Now he has suddenly started to play even off stump balls by placing himself to the leg of the ball.

I don't understand what he is trying to do.

During VHT 2021, he was going to the line of the ball and playing so well. There was a small.back and across movement against quicker pacers. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

My pecking order:

Venky Iyer> Gaekwad> Shaw> Jaiswal> Padikkal> Gill

Venkatesh stands straight and plays fuller balls. There is no front press.

On quicker pitches or if the ball is swinging, he might edge the ball a bit too often and get caught behind.

I have been most impressed by Ruturaj. He has temperament to succeed at international level. He hits best of the bowlers with such ease & grace. He is one of few bowlers in this league who played both Bumrah & Rashid with similar ease. 

17 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I have been most impressed by Ruturaj. He has temperament to succeed at international level. He hits best of the bowlers with such ease & grace. He is one of few bowlers in this league who played both Bumrah & Rashid with similar ease. 

Yea he owned bumrah this year. But it is t20. Sure he may do well vs booms in odi too. 

But in tests ? Boom will be too much for gaikwad right now. 

Think he has potential for all formats but tests definitely his weakest format. 

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Venkatesh stands straight and plays fuller balls. There is no front press.

On quicker pitches or if the ball is swinging, he might edge the ball a bit too often and get caught behind.

I would defer to your reading of the game. I don't have the eye for detail that you do!

My ratings were simply based on what I saw in this IPL.

Venky gets going from the first delivery. Ditto Shaw.

Gaekwad toyed with Bumrah. That batting performance was a treat to watch even though :mi: lost that game.

Jaiswal is still raw. But in Dhonispeak: He has the spark.

Of all the talents, I was least thrilled by Gill. Slow bat. Also in the limited games that I saw seemed lethargic. Not the kind who would risk running a double. When the youngsters display tell tale signs of lethargy.....it is slightly infuriating.

I have been most disappointed by Gill. IMO he should be contesting for orange cap with the kind of potential he has but he had thrown away starts far too often.

50 overs format suits him better. He will develop power game for T20Is soon. He will be at the top of his powers around 2025, his body will get stronger by then. He already looks improved compared to the last year. His pull against Nortje yesterday was something. He will be a beast in all formats. None but Yashasvi among the given names, can touch him in Tests.

Edited by Chakdephatte

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I would defer to your reading of the game. I don't have the eye for detail that you do!

My ratings were simply based on what I saw in this IPL.

Venky gets going from the first delivery. Ditto Shaw.

Gaekwad toyed with Bumrah. That batting performance was a treat to watch even though :mi: lost that game.

Jaiswal is still raw. But in Dhonispeak: He has the spark.

Of all the talents, I was least thrilled by Gill. Slow bat. Also in the limited games that I saw seemed lethargic. Not the kind who would risk running a double. When the youngsters display tell tale signs of lethargy.....it is slightly infuriating.

Only hole is: Majestic clearly mentioned three format players in his post. 

13 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Only hole is: Majestic clearly mentioned three format players in his post. 

Umm...

I haven't seen any test matches. So I choose to not comment on that format. 

Also I don't remember seeing any of these (except Gill) in ODIs for India.

Edited by Mariyam